Daz

Insomniac thread - Only real insomniacs need apply

I took the old hard drive out, that went quite smoothly, but the new box was a totally different set up inside. It looked a lot more trouble so I abandoned it. I had three weeks worth of Match of the Days saved up as well :thumbsdown_anim:

I think I might end up having Virgin for broadband, they're the only ones who have their own phone lines aren't they? I cancelled Sky because the broadband had gone to shit and they refused to send an engineer out. But it's not much better with Plusnet. There's obviously a problem with the actual line but nobody seems willing or able to do anything.

Baby shower? Are congratulations appropriate or are you organising it for someone else? That Royal Baby maybe?

No, I have no experience of anything to do with babies really. I don't rate them to be honest. It took me a while to even register what a 'baby shower' was. I quickly went through the options of it being a tiny shower that you fitted onto a bath, then some kind of shower you use for cleaning a baby, before finally settling on what I assume to have been your actual meaning. The whole process only a took a couple of seconds but even so, it gives some indication of my lack of knowledge in this area.

Image result for awful baby shower

The transition from one digibox to another is always easier than you might think. All those things that you *had* to record are gone, but life moves on, they'll make more homes under the hammer and er, Jeremy Kyle episodes

Yes, you've guessed it. My wife is 32 weeks gone now. I decided to Organise a secret baby shower because none of her friends give a shit. This is my life. 

As far as I can tell, if I organise and pay for a big lunch and a few bottles of prosecco, while at the same time setting up a few games (like you would a kids party) then that will be fine... 

Hello Taylor, you sound like a stand up fellow. Nice to have you on board.

Edited by Daz

I think the worst thing is I can't even remember what some of the programmes I've lost were. All those things I'll never see, and not even realise I haven't seen them :(

Well, I guess congratulations are called for...........congratulations Taylor on your first post on the board's longest running thread. 5pm is a good time to get up, you can watch Pointless with your breakfast.

Oh, and also to Daz too I guess. Even with my limited knowledge I know 32 weeks means there's not long to go. So we'll have to start thinking about names.

Have you considered Art at all? It's unusual which is good, but not too unusual nobody's heard of it, which is good. It's got another meaning (art) which is another plus. You can refer to them as Garfunkel as a cute nickname they won't understand. Or Vandelay which nobody will understand. Again, more pluses. If it's a girl then Artichoke? (Art for short).

People take presents to a baby shower don't they? So you should at least have something to show for it B)

Did you look into football index in the end Daz?

I'm planning on having a good look at this over the summer ready to have a serious go during next season. I hear it's getting pretty big so my thinking is, who knows more about football than me? that's right, literally nobody, so if it's possible to make money at all, it's going to be easy money for me right? What could possibly go wrong..... :unsure:

On 12/10/2012 at 7:54 AM, Murf said:

I had to check what my avatar was, it's about 4 years old, yeah I think it's a Banksy. I'll find some new alternatives and let the insomniacs decide which I should go for. But not today, I have to be up in 5 hours. Tomorrow, maybe, one day.

Will it be much longer?

Image result for waiting

Deepest apologies, Art. Didn't see the kind pleasantry in your previous post. I'm going blind, I really must stop masturbating.

Always read your material here. Keep up the good work. :)

22 minutes ago, Taylor82 said:

I really must stop masturbating.

22 minutes ago, Taylor82 said:

Always read your material here.

I am a little uncomfortable with my material being used in this way.

• Haha 1

I would if it was on somewhere normal but it's on some channel I haven't got. I'm watching the golf and looking around football index.

I've just bought 10 shares in Said Benrahma :cool:

3-0 Brazil

Coutinho with a brace (one from a VAR penalty). I hate VAR. About 3 minutes waiting for the penalty to be awarded. :thumbsdown_still:

I hope the refs add on extra time for these infuriating pauses in play. 

Marcelo Martins (ex-Wigan flop) up front for Bolivia. He looks poor. Plying his trade in China these days.

So, I did look into football index, but in the end thought it needed quite a bit of time and effort to make a reasonable return. I was more confident of getting a return with a ftse tracker. 

It must be relatively big now for it to sponsor Forest... Hopefully it won't go bust. Not as good a sponsor as Labatt though... 

Baby shower went well, it was a huge hit and I've got a few weeks of currency built up with the wife. Loads of presents which was great and the have I devised, were well received. 

Hello Taylor 🤠

I'm not really following the copa America. Isn't the African Cup of nations going on too? I have them both below the cricket world Cup and Conservative leadership election in terms of priorities 🤓

Sometimes I'll look up a song on youtube and then all those suggestions will come up down the side and I'll click on a few of those and each of those will have suggestions and I'll click on a few of those and before you know it I've been looking at random songs from the 80s for three hours and then while I'm watching my third Bananarama song in an hour I'll suddenly think 'What the hell am I doing?' and finally I can break free.

I think you'd have at least doubled your money on football index. I've been looking about and I can't find any player who's worth less now than they were a year ago, and anyone who's done reasonably well is worth at least double. Sterling for example has gone from £1.32 a share to £4.88 right now. And that's not even including the dividends.......

I tried to think of a fairly big name signing from last summer who's been a total failure and I came up with Mina, Fred, and everyone who joined Fulham and even they are all now worth more now than they were then. I assume this is down to lots of new users signing up so demand for all players is increasing. Obviously that can't go on forever but it could go on for a while yet, especially if they launch in more countries.

I've started with 250 quid and was just going to see how I can build it up but now I'm tempted to put a few grand in and just spread it around all the main players. What could possibly go wrong..........

Shame nobody seems to be covering the Copa America or ACOF, as I assume it's known. I can understand the CA being largely ignored as what kind of nut would be watching Bolivia at three in the morning but you'd think someone could show the ACON. Disappointing.

Image result for women's football

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Shame nobody seems to be covering the Copa America or ACOF, as I assume it's known. I can understand the CA being largely ignored as what kind of nut would be watching Bolivia at three in the morning.....

:arrowhead:

What's your favourite 80s power ballad, Art?

I like a bit of Phil Collins, Bonnie Tyler, Peter Cetera, Cher, Air Supply etc.

Edited by Taylor82

Uruguay 🇺🇾 v Japan 🇯🇵

Here we go! :cool04:

Diego Godin is some warrior. Probably the best centre-half in Europe over the last few years.

Hmmm, favourite 80s power ballads..... Obviously Boonie Tyler Total Eclipse is the classic. Not sure if they all count as 'power ballads', but off the top of my head, a few personal favourites are....

:wub:

I might have a few more later or I might not bother. 50/50 really. I also might google Peter Cetera because I've no idea who that is :unsure:

In too late to be of any interest news it turned out the ACON was on the telebox, t'was on Eurosport....

Edited by Art Vandelay

On 6/19/2019 at 5:01 AM, Art Vandelay said:

Sterling for example has gone from £1.32 a share to £4.88 right now. And then you've got the dividends.......

£6.15 now....

This has gone pretty well so far. Best investments -

McGinn, bought 1.20, sold around 1.65
Sterling bought around £5, sold half my shares around 6
Abraham bought 2.20, now worth 3.40.

Biggest disaster is Ross Barkley, I'm still sat on 75 shares in that dope as they drop lower and lower. I really thought he'd get the nod as the main attacking midfielder for Chelsea but I should have gone for some in Mount as well as an insurance. Mount must be about £1.50 up :arrowhead:

Edited by Art Vandelay