Daz

Insomniac thread - Only real insomniacs need apply

I'm watching a show about a man with elastic skin putting clothes pegs on his face. What is this ITV2?!

Six posts in a row made during the correct time, H-Block will be loving this.

It's going to be Germany, France, Spain, or Brazil isn't it? Looks like you'll just have to sit through your 'On the Buses' box set a second time pretending not to have seen it :(

Didn't Bev get a job working for Forest or something? and that's why he stopped posting. Of course he could have just rejoined under a different name. Maybe he did :unsure: Don't know what became of J-Bag, he just vanished. I just googled him and he's on Twitter so he's still about at least. Unless his abductor posts as him to give the impression of normality while he remains chained up in their shed.

I remember Substitue Daz, I think he turned up when you were missing for a bit so it's possible you never noticed. He has nearly 700 profile views. In terms of views per post he's got to be the most popular person on here.

I think that covers everything. I'm not sure what to say about the pegs on face thing :worried_anim:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Art Vandelay

My forest team as it stands for next season...

Gk - Pantillimon

Df - Darwickwa, Dawson, Figueiredo, Robinson

Mf - Cash, Bridcutt, Carvahlo

FW - Dias, Grabban, Lolley

Bench: Henderson, Evitmov, Kapino, Smith, Mancienne, Traore, Lam, Fox, Worrall, Fuentes, Guedioura, Watson, Osborn, Yates, Mckay, Ariyibi, Clough, Ward, Murphy, Cummings, Soudani, Brereton, Vellios

Might need a bigger bench...

Edited by Daz

Look at that squad :arrowhead: Enough players to put out three teams. Three bottom third teams. Although I don't even know who some of them are to be honest.

I've taken no notice at all of Forest since last season finished. Would you, or someone, like to bring me up to date? Pantilimon and Dawson have signed then? Don't rate them at all. Who are Robinson, Diaz, and Soudani? :blush02:

It's going to be Germany, France, Spain, or Brazil isn't it?

:worried_anim: :worried_anim:

As I've been up since 4am I'm going to post here :cool04:

To be fair I don't know much about the players either. Soudani is a highly rated striker from the Croatia league, hoping to follow in the proud footsteps of other north african and middle eastern players who have played for Forest.

Robinson is a left back from QPR. I think he had a fairly decent season for them last year.

Dias spent last year on loan at Fiorentina. Nottingham seemed like an obvious step. He is following the well trodden path of a Jorge Mendes client from the Portugal U21 squad to a second division midlands club.

I probably wouldn't have taken Dawson back but to be fair i think Pantillimon could be a great signing. The times I saw him last season he looked very good. The best keeper we've had for a long time.

You shouldn't feel that bad about your prediction. France look nailed on now.

Edited by Daz

Thanks for the update. Oh, it's that Robinson, that's a relief. I was thinking it was going to be that one who used to play for West Brom and is about 40. I believe this Robinson was quite highly rated as a youngster but what was the point in signing Fuentes then? That's four left backs now, it's like we're trying to make up for all those seasons when we didn't have any.

Never heard of Soudani but a 30 years old Algerian who's never played in England, or any major league before, joining a club that plays with one up front and has about ten forwards already sounds fine, what could possibly go wrong with that? I've not seen much of Pantilimon for Forest but whenever I saw him at Sunderland or Man City I always thought he was a bit of a donkey.

I've just had my first look in the Forest section in ages and it feels a bit like I've stumbled into a parallel universe. It's like everyone gets their memory wiped between seasons or something, I'm watching Forest still doing the same stupid things they've been doing for the last ten years but other people are going 'These new owners are great' 'I think were going up this season' 'so different to Fawaz' etc as though something entirely different is going on. Odd.

Seeing your avatar had changed was a bit disorientating, Although I never really knew what the old one was.....

worst-book-covers-titles-56.jpg

Edited by Art Vandelay

Good evening Gents... I have to tell you about a complete disaster I had today. The kind of thing that makes me think I should just give up at being an adult.

It started on Friday when I noticed a dead pigeon in our back garden, I bagged it up in a bin liner and put it in our general waste wheelie bin. I opened the bin today and it was like opening the gates of hell. The stench was revolting and the inside of the black bin was white through the sheet volume of maggots

So my solution was to put shit loads of bleach into the bin to gas them out. Then after an hour I fished the bin liner out with a garden fork and threw it over the back fence (which backs onto an undergrowth/field area). I then walked around to and put the bin liner into a near by dog shit bin. God knows what my neighbours would have thought, it is exactly what I would have done if I had killed someone and wanted to hide a body, so was half expecting to be stopped and asked what I was doing.

Once I got back I didn't fancy my dinner, it was way too soon to have prawns.

I'm sure this is one of the reasons my wife doesn't leave me on my own that often 😎

What a charming story. I've disposed of a few bodies in my time and my general rule is that anything larger than a mouse gets a burial, things around mouse size get rolled under the hedge, only the very small or things with under 50% of their body remaining go in the bin. The only drawback is I don't really remember where I buried things so there's always the possibility of uncovering something revolting. 

Once there was pigeon smeared all over the driveway in a quite spectacularly grotesque scene and I couldn't face dealing with it so just left it and the next day it was totally gone. 

Which has reminded my of this event which I'll share here......I've had an old broken barbecue hanging around outside for ages not really knowing what to do with it and my mum said "just leave it outside and the rag and bone man will take it". I thought I don't think so because it's not 1948 but I left it outside and someone did indeed take it away. Who knew that was a thing :huh:

Funny, Pigeon, and Yup: "I've failed all my exams, but the  pigeons accepted me as their  leader so have that going for me" Yup ðð

Edited by Art Vandelay