Sign in to follow this  
E R

Chelsea v Forest

VAR is shit. Not because it ruled us offside instead of giving a penalty, but how it puts all the exciting bits of football on hold until a decision is made.

• Upvote 2

Well the thing that bug me about that was the inability of our winger to put carvo thro on goal...40 isnt a footballer hes just a empty crisp packet floating around the pitch...

I was watching the highlights from the 1991 Cup Final this morning. Anybody else remember when we weren't mediocre shit and we had a realistic chance to win every game we played?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr Smith said:

I was watching the highlights from the 1991 Cup Final this morning. Anybody else remember when we weren't mediocre shit and we had a realistic chance to win every game we played?

no mate,the dross has actually took over the side of the brain where quality football used to be..

• Upvote 1

They have actually done ok - Mighten looks decent

Smith is a poor keeper and I will be glad to see the back of Carvalho. Adomah is a waste of space as well 

37 and 40 off and we would be able to compete better..watched both all game and 1 isnt a footballer the other is just too old..

What gives me the arsehole with VAR is that the cunts don't even know the rules themselves. 

23% possession with no shot, thank god I didn’t go to watch this. 

What happened to clear and obvious mistake?? Why are we introducing shite like this and relentlessly persisting with it? Colin fray et al still can't decide whether it is offisde or not. It isn't mightens' arm because you can't score with arm, it's the skin on his kneecap. It's amazing how much we can spoil a sport by trying to be too clever, when in actual fact we are being thick!

2 minutes ago, darcy said:

Don't think we were expecting much posession against these lot. Especially considering we have had the square root of fuck all.posession all season, and when we have had the lion's share we have never won a match.

And the no shot on target, that's quite a custom thing these days as well isn't it?? Don't worry Ryan Yates will try one from 35 yards in the 80th minute and it will go the right side of the corner flag to register as 'a shot'.. on target though, I think it might be a little bit greedy expecting that!

16 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

What happened to clear and obvious mistake?? Why are we introducing shite like this and relentlessly persisting with it? Colin fray et al still can't decide whether it is offisde or not. It isn't mightens' arm because you can't score with arm, it's the skin on his kneecap. It's amazing how much we can spoil a sport by trying to be too clever, when in actual fact we are being thick!

I always thought the principle of offside was about preventing an unfair advantage. That doesn’t come from your knee or your shoulder, it comes from feet.

As you say, it’s about clear and obvious mistake but as someone else said, it’s being used to rereferee games. Souness was right when he says football is an entertainment business where people want to see goals, but the business side of it has stopped seeing it that way and they wanted this to protect their revenue.  They’re reaping what they sowed.

• Upvote 1

We have been a bit unlucky really - lovely to see some of the young lads giving their all 

1 minute ago, E R said:

We have been a bit unlucky really - lovely to see some of the young lads giving their all 

I agree with you, we've been OK

Like the look of Mighten, a lot. Not sure if we do need to buy a new striker with him coming through

44 minutes ago, darcy said:

So just like a normal game for us then? :lol:

16 minutes ago, Savo said:

So just like a normal game for us then? :lol:

Normal game we have shots just don’t hit a barn door

• Haha 1