Sign in to follow this  
Savo

Team of the decade

Listening to the Radio Nottingham podcast and Fray and Chippers and they're naming their teams. Not easy as we've had so much shit over this time and players don't tend to spend a long time in the team as we change so much. 

Anyway, Frays is (Chippers choices in brackets) 

Camp

Gunter Lascelles (Dawson) Morgan (Chambers) Cohen

Antonio Mckenna Mcgugan (Majewski) Reid

Grabban (Assombalonga) Earnshaw

Thoughts? 

Always thought Gunter was bang average at best.  Not a great defender and not great going forward.  I'd take Cash over him already and probably Lijach too.

Cohen at left back?  We did go for much of the decade without a left back to be fair.

That list tells me all you needed to do was have ten or so good games and you're on the list.  What a shit decade.

Shorey started nine games and Ramsey two. Says it all really.

It's a struggle to even come up with a five a side team worthy of being called a 'team of the decade' so I've gone for a most anonymous team* of the decade - there are a lot more contenders. Not necessarily the worst players, just ones you forgot were even ever at Forest. How about......

Kapinos
Moloney
Wooton
Higgenbottom
Coppinger
Ebecilio
Dejagah
Djebour
Lica
McCormack
Bonatini

*must be at Forest at least half a season and appear on the pitch at least once

What a shame we didn’t chuck a bid in for Tomlin - would have been great this season with our anti attack team 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Shorey started nine games and Ramsey two. Says it all really.

It's a struggle to even come up with a five a side team worthy of being called a 'team of the decade' so I've gone for a most anonymous team* of the decade - there are a lot more contenders. Not necessarily the worst players, just ones you forgot were even ever at Forest. How about......

Kapinos
Moloney
Wooton
Higgenbottom
Coppinger
Ebecilio
Dejagah
Djebour
Lica
McCormack
Bonatini

*must be at Forest at least half a season and appear on the pitch at least once

Dumitru

Abdoun

Stojkovic

Perquis

We haven’t half had some shit to put up with. To see folk moaning whilst we’re sitting 5th is beyond belief. 

I think Stojkovic is pretty memorable. Not for any good reasons obviously but I certainly haven't forgotten him.....

On 1/1/2020 at 1:40 AM, Ricknffc said:

Kevin gomis..?

Yes, totally forgot about him. He's in and Moloney gets a reprieve.....

Edited by Art Vandelay

I forgot until recently that we still have Zach Clough on the books... He must be up there with some of the worst business we've ever done. £3m+ and a four and a half year contract! We've still got him signed up until Summer 2021 (another season and a half!!), and at this point it looks like he's gotten so shit we can't even manage to farm him out on loan anymore 🙂

7 hours ago, Random Task said:

I forgot until recently that we still have Zach Clough on the books... He must be up there with some of the worst business we've ever done. £3m+ and a four and a half year contract! We've still got him signed up until Summer 2021 (another season and a half!!), and at this point it looks like he's gotten so shit we can't even manage to farm him out on loan anymore 🙂

Still probably better than Mir! 

Zach Clough's a strange one. It's such a shame the one time we spent big on a talented player from the league below it's been a complete failure. Does anyone know what's actually going on there?

Normally I'd assume he'd just been mismanaged or randomly frozen out but he's been ignored by several managers, didn't seem to make any impact going back to Bolton, and it seems nobody wanted him this year, so there must be something going on. It's not even like he's just winding down to retirement, he's still only 24. Where is he? Is he fit? does he train with the first team? does he play for U23s? What's happened to him? m1710.gif

Genuinly was quite excited hen we signed him, kept an eye on him at Bolton and he was doing very well. As per tho when we sign a player with potential we never seem to get it out of them. They usually leave us and go on to show their true quality, so when he does finally leave us I imagine he will get back to it in league 1 or 2 and we will see him back in the championship one day.