mrcunny

Jan strengthening project..

3 hours ago, E R said:

I would take Martinelli and Glenn Murray / Billy Sharp and be happy - But we will probably end up with 6 or 7 Portuguese and French 3rd division players no fucker has heard of 

Yeah but the fucking YouTube reels will be top drawer.

nffcnow Forest are in talks with Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah.
Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol City remain highly interested, but Forest are believed to be the only club in talks at the moment. .

• Downvote 1

Does anyone know about him in more detail?, obviously hyped up to be a potential brilliant striker but is he Gona contribute with doing the business when called upon with us? Looks like he has been banging them in for fun at every youth age group in the England squad.

He's meant to be quick and have decent finishing. Thoughts anyone? Happy with this?

2 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Does anyone know about him in more detail?, obviously hyped up to be a potential brilliant striker but is he Gona contribute with doing the business when called upon with us? Looks like he has been banging them in for fun at every youth age group in the England squad.

He's meant to be quick and have decent finishing. Thoughts anyone? Happy with this?

He's said to have had talks with a number of clubs, including some in Germany & Spain. 

He left Leeds due to playing a backup role to Bamford. He'd be doing the same here with Grabban and it's for that reason that I think he'll go elsewhere. 

Always hard to being in a loan signing and say they will be guaranteed first team football unless they are much better than the player in that position. Is anyone Gona come in and knock grabban off the first 11? No probs not, would we want them too? No probs not. Tough one. Really need someone who doesn't mind waiting but is rating to go when called upon with decent quality 

4 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

He's meant to be quick and have decent finishing.

He'll need to be with the one half-chance every 3 games he'll get for us. 

10 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

.....unless they are much better than the player in that position......

That should always be the criteria for a loan signing.

Look at the sort of players that have been available and gone to other clubs - Mings and Abraham at Villa, Gayle and Holgate at West Brom, Wilson and Mount at Derby, Matheus Perreira at West Brom, Harisson and White at Leeds and then look at the random waifs and strays than have wandered in and out of Forest over the last few seasons. It's embarrassing.

In fact "unless they are much better than the player in that position" should apply to all permanent signings too. That needs to be printed out and stuck on the wall of the office of whoever the hell is responsible for recruitment at Forest. And ideally tattooed on their face.

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Upvote 2

They could just be terrible at their job?

But I assume for the last few years most of the recruitment at Forest is done by, and largely for the benefit of, agents.

37 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Look at the sort of players that have been available and gone to other clubs - Mings and Abraham at Villa, Gayle and Holgate at West Brom, Wilson and Mount at Derby, Matheus Perreira at West Brom, Harisson and White at Leeds and then look at the random waifs and strays than have wandered in and out of Forest over the last few seasons. It's embarrassing.

In fact "unless they are much better than the player in that position" should apply to all permanent signings too. That needs to be printed out and stuck on the wall of the office of whoever the hell is responsible for recruitment at Forest. And ideally tattooed on their face.

👍 spot on

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

I've been saying this for a long time. It annoys me when folk say we should sign this player or that player for back up. Fuck signing players for back up, they should either walk into the first team or be putting massive pressure on other players in their position. Anybody happy to signed as back up can fuck off.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Totally agree art, I was very much making the point about our centre forward position. I think that's a lot harder. Anywhere else on the pitch I think there is a whole raft of players we could look at to bring in and they would be better than we have got. Up front though I just don't know who we could realistically bring in that would be better than grabban or hit the ground running at his rate. 14 goals is a very good return at the moment this season. I would love us to bring in a striker of equal or better quality but who is their? Who out their could we get in that we would all be happy seeing his name on the team sheet instead of grabban. If he found a system of working 2 up top at home then fantastic.

Personally I would like us to have a punt on this lad from france -sissoko as long as decent finances and as long as some work and time has been put in to identify that he is or will very much likely be a decent player for us and I would also like us to bring in an experienced striker like kodja who played with grabban and adomah at villa by the way. I also think bringing Tyler back would be a breath of fresh air, maybe leave him if we do end up Signing a couple of strikers. Seems like we have been saying it forever but it really is now or never for Tyler come the summer. He deserves the chance now to be in and around the starting 11. To think he was our first choice striker for a short amount of time a few years back is crazy. Remember first game of season v Bolton when Vaughan scored a belter Tyler was starting up front.

I think all the midfield positions are up for grabs - no one is there has really stood out 

4 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Cardiff striker Gary Madine contract terminated by mutual consent wasn't he good once upon a time in championship..?

Not for me. Done fuck all for the past few seasons. 

We have reportedly made a 'strong move' for Glenn murray. Can we see this one pulling off? At 36 what on earth is this deal going to be? His contract expires this summer. 

I think he will get some goals for us yes but i would only want this this transfer if it's a short term loan. If he wants some kind of deal beyond that I would say the option of a further year deal decided by the club. At 36 what kind of deal can he possibly want?

2 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Cardiff striker Gary Madine contract terminated by mutual consent wasn't he good once upon a time in championship..?

He is absolute dog turd. If we signed him, we’d get relegated and the ground would burst into flames before it sank into the Trent. 

Edited by Thommo

55 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

We have reportedly made a 'strong move' for Glenn murray. Can we see this one pulling off? At 36 what on earth is this deal going to be? His contract expires this summer. 

I think he will get some goals for us yes but i would only want this this transfer if it's a short term loan. If he wants some kind of deal beyond that I would say the option of a further year deal decided by the club. At 36 what kind of deal can he possibly want?

Same one we gave Daryl Murphy ... few appearances, turn a twenty into a straw and hoover up a few lines with five weeks off after. 

Didn’t Glenn Murray get arrested for tax dodging? 

I'd assume we'd have to give Murray at least 18 months or why would he come? If he wanted to just spend 5 months coming off the bench he could stay at Brighton and be doing that at Anfield and Old Trafford rather than Oakwell and Griffin Park.

Murray's been a decent ehough player over the years I suppose whereas Madine would be a downgrade on Murphy.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:08 PM, colin said:

Strange that both the 2 forwards we signed on loan from Wolves ( Bonnatini and Mir ) turned out to be duds ..

Not the first either. Did we get proudlock from there too? 

See Mir’s been fucked off back to Wolves. That’s a result for me. Hopefully the lad can pick up a few shifts in McDonalds.

• Upvote 1

Does Mir's return to Wolves mean that we're close to be bringing in a forward ?.  Currently should Grabban get injured we have no other capable forward to replace him ...

38 minutes ago, colin said:

Does Mir's return to Wolves mean that we're close to be bringing in a forward ?.  Currently should Grabban get injured we have no other capable forward to replace him ...

Probably more that we’ve recognised he’s shite and is clogging up the squad. 

Diakhaby confirmed. Loan until end of season, with option to buy.