Qpr v Forest

37 minutes ago, darcy said:

Carvalho on

I actually meant the QPR sending off but if the cap fits 😂

I enjoyed that second half 👏🏻

1 minute ago, OBE said:

Thanks! Worked great!

You get everything on there including boxing 👍

Well well well we played in the last 10 mins how we should have been playing since the sending off. But a very professional performance executed. Sheer class from carvalho, will do him the world of good. Loving the Portuguese contingent we have within a mainly English squad, 3 Portuguese goalscorers tonight. And Silva who didn't get a goal was the best out the lot of them. Watson played another blinder and looks such a good footballer doing the role he is doing at the moment. Great when your 1st choice striker scores as well so pleased for grabs.

It always felt like the game was there for the taking of we stepped it up a gear and we finally did, devils advocat though is that at 1-0 QPR could easily have that dipping free kick go in and that volley wells hit on the turn then it might have been a different story, so my only gripe would have been to go for the jugular a bit earlier but that really is being picky. Great win, great for confidence now let's back it up with a decent performance in front of the city ground lights.

1 minute ago, Ricknffc said:

Well well well we played in the last 10 mins how we should have been playing since the sending off. But a very professional performance executed. Sheer class from carvalho, will do him the world of good. Loving the Portuguese contingent we have within a mainly English squad, 3 Portuguese goalscorers tonight. And Silva who didn't get a goal was the best out the lot of them. Watson played another blinder and looks such a good footballer doing the role he is doing at the moment. Great when your 1st choice striker scores as well so pleased for grabs.

It always felt like the game was there for the taking of we stepped it up a gear and we finally did, devils advocat though is that at 1-0 QPR could easily have that dipping free kick go in and that volley wells hit on the turn then it might have been a different story, so my only gripe would have been to go for the jugular a bit earlier but that really is being picky. Great win, great for confidence now let's back it up with a decent performance in front of the city ground lights.

We were in charge for 80 minutes of the 90.  If they fluked something we'd have come back.  Never in doubt.

Hmm your probably right but I think you need to take the initiative and kill the game before you give them something to grasp, turns out we did-adding a 2nd but even though we looked very comfortable at 1-0 it's still an uncomfortable scoreline especially away even against 10 men

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

We don't do 2nd goals Rick. You have to go back 8 games for the last time we scored more than one.

Mystic Dane strikes again

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

We were in charge for 80 minutes of the 90.  If they fluked something we'd have come back.  Never in doubt.

Yeah we were in charge for majority of the game, even when QPR had all the ball and looked to get crosses in we were in charge dictating to them where they can have the ball etc

Fucking hell wasn't expecting that score . Apart from Uncle Albert thought all our boys had a sound game . Good that we were able to give Semedo , Carvalho and Bostock some game time with 2 of them getting on the score sheet as a bonus .. We've got strength in depth everywhere except perhaps up front . So pleased that Carvalho scored a goal , it will do his confidence the world of good .

Almost perfect away performance. Made the most of playing against 10 men unlike Bristol on Saturday. 

Silva has come into his own recently. 

17 minutes ago, colin said:

We've got strength in depth everywhere except perhaps up front .

We don’t want to lose Samba in goal either. Hope he is fit for Saturday. 

I must say Cash is as good as right back as we have had in years. I did wonder if he would ever be able to add the defensive side to his game but he has been awesome this season. The premier league clubs will definately be sniffing round in January  

38 minutes ago, E R said:

I must say Cash is as good as right back as we have had in years. I did wonder if he would ever be able to add the defensive side to his game but he has been awesome this season. The premier league clubs will definately be sniffing round in January  

Agreed. Cash looks brilliant back their, got all the attributed for that role and his defending has come on so well since start of season. samba was taking a bit of flack from sky for the unorthodox saves he sometimes likes to make but they were moving, especially that free kick. And the most important thing is he doesn't let them go in the back of the net. Worrall is consistently performing to a very high standard, even without Dawson, figgy played very well as well and could have had another goal that was cleared off line. Robinson solid enough.

Watson brilliant with the role he has in front of back 4, great tackle and distribution to lead to 2nd goal. Silva again top class one of our best performers at the moment, a player I hope we really hold onto. Ameobi average, looks like a right carthorse most of time then shows some good daddy long leg touches and drove down the left for the assist for grabban. Adomah was pretty poor. Didn't notice Lolley was playing until 40 mins in, not picking the ball up in same areas as last year, not driving and players and not finding space for shots. Didn't do much wrong though but just didn't offer anything.

Grabban good hold up play nice touches and didnt have much to feed off in general, great positioning for the goal. Carvalho brilliant quality when came on, his passes were in players strides his confidence was up with little balls round the corner and a couple of touches that didn't come off but brilliant quality for the goal with the run, nutmeg and outside of foot finish, bostock, very little time to do anything, adds strength in the middle and has a great range of passing that we haven't necessarily seen yet, and semedo looked lively coming on, got on the ball and went past a couple of ayers/ rode a few challenges driving forward and obviously was the fox in the box with his awareness tucking in from ameobis pass after the keeper parried Cash's shot.

Edited by Ricknffc

Looking back at goals looks like 4th should be ruled out. Ameobi looks to be offside when Cash shoots and it either touches ameobi but if not he's interfering with play anyway as he is stood pretty much in front of keeper, and even if he gets away with that he becomes active squaring ball to semedo. Nice to get rub of the green after we have spent so long getting shafted with bad luck. Even if it didn't bare much relevance with the outcome of the game

Lovely little bit in sabris post match regarding sambas 'injury'. Sabri laughing saying ' no, don't worry he's strong, he just wanted to change a bit of time ( waste a bit of time I'm guessing), will be fine saturday.'

Fantastic result. Watching QPR gave me a shudder as how often was it the same when MW was in charge at forest. Shocking defence but can score a few (not tonight tho!) 

2nd half was great. We need to have that confidence to push hard for another goal earlier when teams are there for the taking . 

Special mention for Cash, he’s turned into a 15m player this season already 

9 hours ago, Ben said:

Mystic Dane strikes again

😁😁

To be fair Ben, I posted that before the sending off. Against 11 men, we'd have just played it out for a 1-0 win. Against 10 men, it looked like we were just playing for a 1-0. It was only the last ten minutes where QPR looked knackered that we managed to impose our one man advantage.

It's all good though mate. Any away win is welcome, a 4-0 win is a bonus.

Good to see Semedo back in the team. Get him alongside Watson, and play the ever improving Silva behind Grabban. Good times to be a Red. 👍👍

I wasn't aware that we are joint 3rd having played 3 more games away than at home. Already equalled last season's 5 away wins. 4 more to equal the total for last two season's.

Great stuff. This was the type of game we would have lost last season (and the season before and the season before). There seems to be some steel in the squad. The table seems very surreal at the moment.

Having Sow and Semedo back will be great and  most of our players are bang on form 

Samba

worrall

cash

figgy

watson

grabban

January another striker is a must and maybe a good winger would be nice but just being greedy 

I would take Bowen and Grosicki 😉

8 hours ago, Dane B said:

I wasn't aware that we are joint 3rd having played 3 more games away than at home. Already equalled last season's 5 away wins. 4 more to equal the total for last two season's.

Forest away Championship wins:

5 already this season in only 10 games, 4 in 2018-19, 5 in 2017-18, 2 in 2016-17, 6 in 2015-16, 6 in 2014-15, 6 in 2013-14. Away results have been a massive problem for a long time. A staggering turn around from Lamouchi. 

7 hours ago, E R said:

Having Sow and Semedo back will be great and  most of our players are bang on form 

Samba

worrall

cash

figgy

watson

grabban

January another striker is a must and maybe a good winger would be nice but just being greedy 

I would take Bowen and Grosicki 😉

Bowen will go for £20m + so we can cross him off our Xmas list.