Sign in to follow this  
E R

Forest v Derby

Can’t fault any of them, all were immense. How many times have we seen a Forest side shy away from these games? Not any more. What a refreshing change.

Samba again with a magnificent performance. Pants or Muric would have cost us. Need to be more clinical in front of goal though, as we seem to create some decent chances. But a great game to watch and three great points. COYR!

Matty Cash has only played a handful of games at right back and i think he's already become the first choice. He has the potential to go and become a top class full back. Him and Watson the two big surprises of the season. 

Scrappy first half but we really came on top in the second. 

Silva, ameobi, grabbs, cash, watson and samba were excellent 

Up the reds! 

What an emotional rollercoaster that was .  Begining with the fantastic " Tribute to the Fallen "  and the playing of the " Last Post " which was well respected by both sets of fans ..  A typical tight local derby game followed with both sides determined not to give their opponents the advantage of an early goal . Perhaps Derby should have scored first but were denied by a great save by Samba . ( our best keeper in many years ) . The first half ended with both teams having lots of energy but lacking a quality final pass ..

Second half started and it was immediately apparent that Forest were pressing Derby much higher up the pitch .  Thiago Silva started to boss the game in central midfield , at times showing some outrageous skills and determination , and our pressure finally paid off .  One mistake from a Derby defender and Grabban showed his predatory instincs giving their keeper no chance . 

Forest were comfortable in defence and despite one decent save by Samba failed to trouble him much at all ..  Ameobi was causing them all sorts of problems with his mazy runs . What a paradox this player is , showing outrageous skills one moment , the next , looking as clumsy as an octopus falling out of a tree .. Although all our boys played well special mention to Ribiero , Silva , Worrell and Cash ..

As I've said before I still think this team will not show its full potential and best form until after Christmas . If we can supplement them with 3 top quality signings , Colback + a winger and a striker I believe we can realistically challenge for a top 6 spot come seasons end ...

I can't knock the result, nor the shift put in by the lads. Players like Silva, Cash, Watson, and Worrall really stepped up to the plate for this one. My only concern is, once again, Forest 1 at home. We haven't scored more than one goal at home in a league game since we beat Brum 3-0 in August. In fact, we've only scored more than one in 3 of 15 league games. This will come back to bite us on the arse. Trust me, you can't  keep grinding  out 1-0's through the whole season.

Yesterday we looked solid in defence, and if the defence failed, Samba was there to save us. The midfield looked solid, and going forward we looked good......until the final ball, which was gash.  It isn't helped by the lack of players we get into the box. 19 attempts at goal, and only 4 on target. Even our goal was a gimme by a generous Derby defender. Apart from a couple of attempts by the "Octopus", I like that analogy Col, we didn't really look like we were going to score.

This is the only downside for me in what is otherwise a cracking opening third of the season for us.

Overall, I can't decide on Silva or Cash as our MOM. Cash has really grown into the right back role.

Real class shown by the club before the game.

Always great to beat those lot. Thought the whole team were fantastic but special mentions for Silva and Cash. Whilst we didn’t create an awful lot I’m confident that if we get a lead we’re more than comfortable of holding onto it. It’s not the most attractive way of playing the game but it’s proven effective so far so I’m happy to put my trust in the fact that Lamouchi knows what he’s doing. 

As an aside, the pre-match display in the Trent End was great to see. It feels great to be a fan of this club at the minute and moments like that go a long way to creating a positive atmosphere. 

11 hours ago, Dane B said:

I can't knock the result, nor the shift put in by the lads. Players like Silva, Cash, Watson, and Worrall really stepped up to the plate for this one. My only concern is, once again, Forest 1 at home. We haven't scored more than one goal at home in a league game since we beat Brum 3-0 in August. In fact, we've only scored more than one in 3 of 15 league games. This will come back to bite us on the arse. Trust me, you can't  keep grinding  out 1-0's through the whole season.

Yesterday we looked solid in defence, and if the defence failed, Samba was there to save us. The midfield looked solid, and going forward we looked good......until the final ball, which was gash.  It isn't helped by the lack of players we get into the box. 19 attempts at goal, and only 4 on target. Even our goal was a gimme by a generous Derby defender. Apart from a couple of attempts by the "Octopus", I like that analogy Col, we didn't really look like we were going to score.

This is the only downside for me in what is otherwise a cracking opening third of the season for us.

Overall, I can't decide on Silva or Cash as our MOM. Cash has really grown into the right back role.

Real class shown by the club before the game.

You dopey old c*nt Dane .. Have you fotgotten the Arsenal made a very successful habit out of grinding out 1-0 wins in their heyday ...

Seriously though I agree with much of your post .:thumbsup_still::thumbsup_still:

On 11/10/2019 at 1:40 AM, A new man said:

Matty Cash has only played a handful of games at right back and i think he's already become the first choice. He has the potential to go and become a top class full back. Him and Watson the two big surprises of the season. 

He’s not even matured into the role yet but still comes out as one of our best players each week.

When he learns how to be a proper defender l - which I don’t think will take him long - he’ll be that sorely missed attacking fullback that’s solid at the back and can terrify opposition defenders as he pushes into their half.

with his pace, work rate, passing, dribbling, vision & consistency, there’s very little missing from his game.

He’ll likely be a Forest mainstay for the next decade - or a £15m+ sale to the prem this or next year.

He's been quite a revelation at right back . Seemingly has unlimited energy and the ability to get up and down the pitch at full pace for the whole game . Whilst still developing his technique and positional sense he's unquestionably destined for the top flight ...