Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

Forest v Reading

After watching us on Wednesday, and looking at a resurgent Reading under a new manager, (beat Preston and draw away at QPR), I can only see us getting a point at best today.

SL needs to look at the last two performances and identify what we are doing wrong. Why aren't we creating chances, why aren't we scoring goals, why aren't we getting players forward.

Changes need to be made to both the starting XI and our tactics. Play like we did on Wednesday and Reading will win.

1-1

I think the answers to why we're doing more badly is that Sow, Semedo and Dawson are out.  Maybe throwing Yates into the midfield will give us a bit more bite in there.  Not sure about Worrall without Dawson next to him and maybe he'll need to sit out if he continues in the same vein as the last two games.

I don't like Reading one bit and hope we beat them. 2-1 to us. 

7 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I think the answers to why we're doing more badly is that Sow, Semedo and Dawson are out.  Maybe throwing Yates into the midfield will give us a bit more bite in there.  Not sure about Worrall without Dawson next to him and maybe he'll need to sit out if he continues in the same vein as the last two games.

I don't like Reading one bit and hope we beat them. 2-1 to us. 

I think we need to start looking beyond Dawson now Chaz. Nice to have him in there when he's fit, but he's injured more than fit now days. Onlly 17 starts in 59 league games since his return. The worrying thing is, the rest of our central defenders all look like they have mistakes in them.

Give Dawson a coaching role, and move to bring in a quality central defender in Jan. If that means selling Worrall to fund it, then so be it.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I think we need to start looking beyond Dawson now Chaz. Nice to have him in there when he's fit, but he's injured more than fit now days. Onlly 17 starts in 59 league games since his return. The worrying thing is, the rest of our central defenders all look like they have mistakes in them.

Give Dawson a coaching role, and move to bring in a quality central defender in Jan. If that means selling Worrall to fund it, then so be it.

To be fair all our defenders look alright when you put a decent midfield in front of them.  If two of our three midfielders are Silva and Carvalho we'll do nothing as they're nowhere near strong enough.  You need a bully in there too.

It'll probably be off today by the looks of it anyway.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Probably for the best. Get some players and a bit of work on the training ground in before our next game. Also saves 27,000 people watching a shower of shit in the pissing rain.

Pretty irritating having come down from Leeds for it but it gives Sow, Semedo and Dawson a bit more time to get fit so that’s a positive.