Sign in to follow this  
E R

Forest v Hull

6 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Why do we keep hitting hopeful balls into the box?  Time to create.

And not a one of them of any quality, even the dead ball corners are piss poor. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

We didn't help ourselves, Worrall getting sucked in has cost us two games in a row.

That aside, with a referee that was semi competent we wouldn't have lost this.

It rained as well which did us. Absolutely nothing to do with us being inept

Would've been nice to know if we could score penalties or not.  Considering we had on nailed on penalty, and one (Matty Cash) great shout for one.  Grabban would probably have missed them anyway but it would have been nice to know.

We created sweet fuck all all game. We didn't play an ounce of football, tatting the ball down the pitch or across the pitch is all we seem to do. I can't be arsed mentioning refs anymore cos it's just got to the stage where I would rather cry than have a rant about it. Granted first half if we got given a pen it would have been soft but ameobi goalsided scythed down nothing given its hard to comprehend the words to use. Didn't lose cos of ref though we lost cos yet again we created fuck all. When do we actually get a chance where we get one on one or open up a defence with nice passing?

Very poor. Never at 2nd balls, didn’t seem to have any energy until 2-0 down then played a little better. Lolley is fucking crap, god knows what’s happened to him. 

Cash and worrell best players but that’s being generous.

Sabri’s bubble has burst. Well and truly  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

And not a one of them of any quality, even the dead ball corners are piss poor. 

Exactly, they're going to defend balls in the air all day long.  After the sending off we just got desperate.  Would have helped if our players didn't collectively fuck up for the second.  One of those days.

It's looking like we're badly missing our midfield pair of battlers. 

Just now, brooksy said:

Very poor. Never at 2nd balls, didn’t seem to have any energy until 2-0 down then played a little better. Lolley is fucking crap, god knows what’s happened to him. 

Cash and worrell best players but that’s being generous.

Sabri’s bubble has burst. Well and truly  

And here it begins.

Worrall was crap.  If he hadn't gone missing we wouldn't have conceded the second or the goal against Wigan.  Without Dawson to tell him what to do he keeps getting sucked into the midfield.

Saw great football tonight, some fantastic individual skills, on point simple pass and move football, creativity, defensive mastreclass, and some sublime perfectly weighted passes in behind the backs..... then I got home from Galway and had to watch the shit dished up by Forest in the last 25 minutes.

• Haha 2

Sabri still has to prove himself IMO. Some of the early results have been good but performances have been very patchy and he's made some weird decisions. 

I'm prepared to put up with it if the results are good but we hardly set the pulses racing under him. So if we're not winning and still playing dour, boring stuff then there's only one way that ends... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Savo said:

Sabri still has to prove himself IMO. Some of the early results have been good but performances have been very patchy and he's made some weird decisions. 

I'm prepared to put up with it if the results are good but we hardly set the pulses racing under him. So if we're not winning and still playing dour, boring stuff then there's only one way that ends... 

What part of the squad makes you think he should be doing better?

Honestly?

Right, because we aren't smashing everyone at this point despite having limited ability.

This sort of bollocks is why we're probably stay where we are forever.

seen this coming most of the season,we cant keep playing wank or only 6 players any good and expect to win...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

What part of the squad makes you think he should be doing better?

Honestly?

Right, because we aren't smashing everyone at this point despite having limited ability.

This sort of bollocks is why we're probably stay where we are forever.

Well for starters, Adomah, a seasoned top end player at this level can't get in over Ameobi who is out of form. Lolley probably hasn't played as bad as he is at the moment since he was a child. 

I just don't see how a team containing Adomah/Ameobi, Lolley, Silva and Carvalho doesn't create anything. It just looks like we're driving with the brakes on. 

Just now, Savo said:

Well for starters, Adomah, a seasoned top end player at this level can't get in over Ameobi who is out of form. Lolley probably hasn't played as bad as he is at the moment since he was a child. 

I just don't see how a team containing Adomah/Ameobi, Lolley, Silva and Carvalho doesn't create anything. It just looks like we're driving with the brakes on. 

Adomah is shit when he starts.  And like you say Lolley has been awful, probably down to him not getting his move. 

Maybe you should take charge Savo, you seem to know better than all of our managers.

Along with Arsenal, we must have the most embarassing supporters in English football.  No wonder we're shit.  Lose a couple of games and the mongs are out with their knives.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Poor all over tonight. Created fuck all. Probably should’ve had at least one penalty but the truth is Hull’s keeper had absolutely nothing to do all match.

Saturdays match will be interesting. Win and we’ll be right in with the chasing pack but lose again and it’ll begin to look a little bit more like a wobble. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Adomah is shit when he starts.  And like you say Lolley has been awful, probably down to him not getting his move. 

Maybe you should take charge Savo, you seem to know better than all of our managers.

Along with Arsenal, we must have the most embarassing supporters in English football.  No wonder we're shit.  Lose a couple of games and the mongs are out with their knives.

Nobody has a knife out for SL. All I've said is I'm not wowed at this point due to patchy performances. Don't think that's particularly unfair. 

I'd rather say it as I see it instead of burying my head in the sand and blaming the ref each game. 

• Upvote 1

First time I've been to watch us this season. How the fuck do we draw 27000 on a Wednesday night dishing up shit like that? And believe me, it was SHIT.

Hull looked fitter, sharper, faster, and better all over the field, whilst we looked slow, ponderous, and totally clueless. 

SL gone at Christmas if this carries on. Our midfield is shite without Sow and Semedo. Lolley is a luxury we can't afford on the pitch. Carvalho doesn't look interested, and don't even get me started on Adomah. He is fucking awful.Only player worth his salt tonight was Matty Cash.

We should have had a penalty, but we'd have missed it anyway. Created absolutely nothing in the first half, and very little in the second. Very disappointed.

• Upvote 1

That was a piss poor performance that lacked any leadership or cutting edge. We played at a snail's pace. We were outplayed across the park. Hull did their homework while we looked as if it was simply a case of turning up to bag three points against a poor side.

Still can't believe we spunked £13m on Carvalho. Shocking!

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MON had the measure of Carvalho, while everyone was falling over themselves convinced he was the reincarnate George Best.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, legs_akimbo said:

MON had the measure of Carvalho, while everyone was falling over themselves convinced he was the reincarnate George Best.

there is no doubt he is a talented footballer but is he suited to this league.....no. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on and show his potential in another league or country. 

The most worrying/frustrating thing from last night's performance was it seemed like 8 out of our 11 players thought chances would just create themselves and come from nowhere. I lost count the amount of times we had a back 3 of worrall Chema Watson and the rest of the players were stood in a line across the pitch on the 18 yard box waiting for a wonder all picking them out for a header (which they weren't going to win) it was such a naive and immature way of thinking we would get back into the game. Formation was like 3-0-7 I know we have been praising Watson this season cos he has been very good but does anyone else think at the moment the role he does would usually be covered by dawson? He picks it up in the back 4 and sprays it around. It takes away another player that could be further up in midfield. We had no midfield last night especially after the sending off. Sabri needs to get these lads playing shorter quicker stuff, then spaces will open up and the individual talent of our players can be used. When hull have a solid structure of 10 behind the ball there is no chance of Lolley running past 3. There is no chance of carvalho playing nice little through balls and one touch triangles. Is grabban Gona get space in behind if we are just knocking the ball side to side then going long over top? No. The only player looking to create last night was cash and he overdid it cos there was nothing on for him. Run down wing drop it off to Lolley stood on touchline play it back down to worrall, give it Watson switch it to Robinson run down line give it ameobi play it back to Chema. It was so predictable and lacked intensity. You can't just turn up to game expecting to chances to be made and goals to be scored and to win games. You have to go n bloody do it

42 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

The most worrying/frustrating thing from last night's performance was it seemed like 8 out of our 11 players thought chances would just create themselves and come from nowhere. I lost count the amount of times we had a back 3 of worrall Chema Watson and the rest of the players were stood in a line across the pitch on the 18 yard box waiting for a wonder all picking them out for a header (which they weren't going to win) it was such a naive and immature way of thinking we would get back into the game. Formation was like 3-0-7

So you think the players choose the tactics, Rick. Sorry mate, you cannot blame the players for the way the manager sets them up.

Last night I got fed up watching us move the ball out wide, back inside, then out to the other wing, and back again. There was no one making runs through the middle. There was no pace. There was no creativity. There was no end product. Watching Watson trying to be our midfield general was laughable. Simple, safe, 10 yard square ball all night long. Where's the vision in this team? Going forward we were far too slow. Hull broke forward and regularly had 3 men in the box. We broke forward and were lucky if one player made a run into the box. That's the manager's tactics Rick, not the players. Grabban is isolated up front. Very little service, very little support. Again, blame the manager's tactics, not the players.

I don't want to put a downer on what has been a good start to the season, but I do believe other teams have sussed us already, and I expect more of the same against Reading on Saturday.

We've shit the bed and will take a lot to get us back to winning. Just as Derby approaches 😔