Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Wigan v Forest

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, darcy said:

And based on the fact we have the lowest “expected goals” in the league probably quite a few lol.

I don’t care if we are getting lucky or taking the odd chance but I think people would like to see us more attacking and play with some pace and final product than the lazy boring stuff we have played a few times this year.

we have to beat hull Wednesday if we want to call this a one off 

 

You see if we were plkaying good football none of us would of been saying draw at wigan,we all would be going for a win here no doubt..ive watched forest 10 times this season.wba,wigan,pne,barnsley and so on and weve been pretty shit in them all..i agree we lack pace in midfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Which games did we get more than we deserved? 

I can't remember one. 

I'd suggest every one bar Brum.

If we had converted one chance today it would have again masked the fact we were second best team in a game, and today only just because Wign arent a great side.

Nicking the odd goal at one end while hanging on at the other will not over time make you a top 6 side at seasons end.

One telling point made today I heard and can relate to, is we are good without the ball but not good with it, which actually makes sense. We are not an easy team to beat, which is a refreshing change but we create very little.

If we continue to give minutes to the likes of Mir and Bostock we will need to be ever more effective out of possession because they bring nothing to the table but turn over possession almost incessantly. We are a team going in the right direction but defeats like today I hope are a salutory lesson to the manager that we are still a team burdened with mediocrity (in the deeper squad) 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, darcy said:

And based on the fact we have the lowest “expected goals” in the league probably quite a few lol.

I don’t care if we are getting lucky or taking the odd chance but I think people would like to see us more attacking and play with some pace and final product than the lazy boring stuff we have played a few times this year.

we have to beat hull Wednesday if we want to call this a one off 

 

 

When you watch our games, we might have a low amount of shots but we usually give the opposition fuck all.  So when we take one of only three or four chances it's still more than the opposition has created, leaving aside a string of pot shots.  I think the only game I didn't see was Stoke, out of the others two or three teams gave us the run around for 45 minutes and then we sorted it.  All this we haven't deserved the results we've had is frankly bollocks.  Today was the first time since West Brom when, as the game dragged on, I thought we probably won't get anything here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

I'd suggest every one bar Brum.

If we had converted one chance today it would have again masked the fact we were second best team in a game, and today only just because Wign arent a great side.

Nicking the odd goal at one end while hanging on at the other will not over time make you a top 6 side at seasons end.

One telling point made today I heard and can relate to, is we are good without the ball but not good with it, which actually makes sense. We are not an easy team to beat, which is a refreshing change but we create very little.

If we continue to give minutes to the likes of Mir and Bostock we will need to be ever more effective out of possession because they bring nothing to the table but turn over possession almost incessantly. We are a team going in the right direction but defeats like today I hope are a salutory lesson to the manager that we are still a team burdened with mediocrity (in the deeper squad) 

Spot on. Hopefully folk will put their dicks away now and temper their expectations a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from the game, baffling team selection. Coming after international break lamouchi makes 5 changes to the team that played Brentford and decides to play a 4-4-2. Why? Why change it when its working? Ribeiro on the right wing?

So many players had probably what will be their worst performance in a forest shirt to date today. Robinson, bostock and mir actually didn't put a foot RIGHT, Robinson couldn't control the ball and pass it, bostock lost the ball on every occasion he had it either being disposessed turning into crowded trouble or passing it straight out of play or to a Wigan shirt and Rafa mir doesn't look like he has ever struck the ball towards goal before.

We had no on connecting the defence and holding midfield to the forwards and we're happy to lump the ball down the pitch towards our 2 strikers ( ameobi not striker and mir not a footballer) we had a bit of success down the wings in the first half but like all afternoon the final ball was wank. Numerous times our players went down wanting fouls and penalties which weren't given ( maybe 1 out of the 3 should have) and we had a header blocked off the line in the top corner which looked like a hand from behind goal.

When mir was slipped in by I think Lolley one on one I don't know what he fucking did, it looked like he kicked the ball from his left foot to his right and it went about 5-10 yards wide of goal. As well as the misses he had in the first half.

It was only when we made the 3 changes that any of our passing got remotely better. Even then there were so many stray deliveries out for throw ins or goal kicks. Lacking the end product. We got in the same situation that Wigan got their goal from on numerous occasions and nothing came of it. Then we were shooting when off balance with our weaker feet from 30 yards.

I don't understand why it took lamouchi so long to see things had to change. It obviously wasn't working first half but took 15 mins of 2nd to do anything about it

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best part of the day was Brice samba frog marching kiefar Moore off the pitch in stoppage time ala Clough style on the clown. He also tried rousing the away support in the last 10 mins. Really like this keeper as a Auer and as a man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

 

When you watch our games, we might have a low amount of shots but we usually give the opposition fuck all.  So when we take one of only three or four chances it's still more than the opposition has created, leaving aside a string of pot shots. 

The problem is when your defence switches off (Wigan had a 4 v 2 for the goal) then you're going to struggle to get anything from games when you create so little. The 'keep it tight and snatch one' mentality was going to catch up with us eventually. And yet when you have Lolley, Ameobi, Silva and Carvalho or a combination of them we should be creating loads. I'm happy with SL as manager but I wish he'd let go of the reigns a bit and play a bit more through the midfield. Each game I watch we look as if we're more bothered about not conceding than scoring. It's not really vintage stuff. 

Yesterday proved what some on here have been saying for a while - that the squad recruitment has been about quantity over quality. Our back up players in some positions are barely League One standard. SL got the team and the system wrong. Let's hope he puts it right against Hull. 

Edited by Savo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savo said:

The problem is when your defence switches off (Wigan had a 4 v 2 for the goal) then you're going to struggle to get anything from games when you create so little. The 'keep it tight and snatch one' mentality was going to catch up with us eventually. And yet when you have Lolley, Ameobi, Silva and Carvalho or a combination of them we should be creating loads. I'm happy with SL as manager but I wish he'd let go of the reigns a bit and play a bit more through the midfield. Each game I watch we look as if we're more bothered about not conceding than scoring. It's not really vintage stuff. 

Yesterday proved what some on here have been saying for a while - that the squad recruitment has been about quantity over quality. Our back up players in some positions are barely League One standard. SL got the team and the system wrong. Let's hope he puts it right against Hull. 

 

Yesterday proved that we should never ever pick two of the players we picked yesterday, but that's football, every manager gets it wrong at times. 

Where we are in the League shows Lamouchi knows what he's on about.  Let's be straight here, we haven't got the players to play the kind of football you want and make a success out of it.  In our position it's a case of picking up results in whatever way suits us, you can have your more flair football in a few years once we're an established top division club rolling in cash, and maybe you'll be able to look back on this season and how we got there.  Maybe not. 

It's probably time for you to be happy with where we are instead of waiting to pick holes in everything.  At this stage it's like you'd be given a million pounds and you'd complain that you weren't given one pound more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pies were decent anyway. 

That feels a fairly routine 3 points was thrown straight in the bin, Wigan are shite but we were so bad.

Let's hope it is put right on Wednesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.