Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Wigan v Forest

What's with all this shooting from long range? Wouldn't mind if we were good at it. 

I reckon our lads have spent two weeks on the lash 

Another 3 or 4 players signed that will make a rare handful of appearances then be consigned to history  as an embarrassed shocking misjudgement in recruitment.... Thank God a few arent  though, like Samba.

By the sounds of all these stats it would seem we are extremely lucky to be anywhere near the top of the table. Lowest possession in league , one of the lowest shots on target.

1 minute ago, darcy said:

By the sounds of all these stats it would seem we are extremely lucky to be anywhere near the top of the table. Lowest possession in league , one of the lowest shots on target.

Thee lowest shots on target.

4 minutes ago, darcy said:

I have to say, I know we're doing well this season (and long may that continue), but whenever I've seen us we've played awful.

We can't afford to play Mir and Bostock who are worse than crap, they'd probably be more at home in the 4th Division. 

If we'd started the game with a proper team I think we'd have won that. 

Worst performance I've seen from us in some time. Couldn't hold the ball or make simple passes. The starting eleven was all wrong. 

Pissed off!

2 minutes ago, darcy said:

There's no way our form could continue whilst playing that way. I was saying it won't last and was called negative miserable etc. But you can't create so little every game and hope someone pulls something out the bag. It might work for a bit but over the course of the season you'll fall short. 

We're also dull to watch. In the 6 games I've seen this season I've been bored shitless in 5 of them. 

Celebrate today lads, we'll be back to winning ways for the rest of the week.

Expect to see Chema return, Bostock and Mir to never play again, then we'll be good to go.  Anyone saying that we aren't where deserve to be in the league is frankly a fuckwit. 

Edited by Charlie Cheswick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

We can't afford to play Mir and Bostock who are worse than crap, they'd probably be more at home in the 4th Division. 

If we'd started the game with a proper team I think we'd have won that. 

Totally agree with this

Silva and Grabban started and we would have won it

Would have liked Adomah on as the final sub wide and not JC

Not the end of the world but we need to strengthen up top in January

• Upvote 1

I must say that was very poor, set pieces were terrible as were the shots. People like Mir, Bostock and Ribero starting right wing just baffles me. We looked better when Grabban came on but even Silva and Carvalho were terrible. We have got away with shit team selections before but not today  

1 minute ago, Redman said:

Totally agree with this

Silva and Grabban started and we would have won it

Would have liked Adomah on as the final sub wide and not JC

Not the end of the world but we need to strengthen up top in January

Yep, was surprised at the final sub, think Albert would have made a bigger difference seeing as we already had Silva on.

2 minutes ago, E R said:

I must say that was very poor, set pieces were terrible as were the shots. People like Mir, Bostock and Ribero starting right wing just baffles me. We looked better when Grabban came on but even Silva and Carvalho were terrible. We have got away with shit team selections before but not today  

I thought Silva and Ribeiro did ok.  Under performers today apart from the obvious, Robinson, Worrall and Lolley again.  Would like to see Chema come back in for Figs.  I think Worrall was much to do with Bostock leaving a gaping hole in our midfield though.

We got what we deserved today and we've gotten more than we deserved in past games. We are not a top of the table side.....yet.

3 minutes ago, legs_akimbo said:

We got what we deserved today and we've gotten more than we deserved in past games. We are not a top of the table side.....yet.

Which games did we get more than we deserved? 

I can't remember one. 

13 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I can't remember one. 

Stoke? 

14 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I can't remember one. 

seeings weve drawn a lot and lost 2 now it doesnt give us a big list to choose from...lol

14 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I can't remember one. 

And based on the fact we have the lowest “expected goals” in the league probably quite a few lol.

I don’t care if we are getting lucky or taking the odd chance but I think people would like to see us more attacking and play with some pace and final product than the lazy boring stuff we have played a few times this year.

we have to beat hull Wednesday if we want to call this a one off 

It has to be a concern that we've only scored 2 goals in last 3 games. 

Player rotation doesn't work. Start your best XI all the time. 

We've rode our luck so many times this season, so this defeat doesn't come as a surprise to me, but fucking hell, the starting XI did.