E R

Forest v Brentford

8 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Anyone still not convinced?

Interesting stat that Forest have had fewest shots at goal of all the teams in the Championship. Not complaining at all, in fact its encouraging that once this issue of creativity is solved we will be unstoppable

Edited by legs_akimbo

Just now, legs_akimbo said:

Interesting stat that Forest have had fewest shots at goal of all the teams in the Championship. Not complaining at all, in fact its encouraging that once this issue of creativity is solved we unstoppable

I think we are creative.  We had a couple of pot shots today but it's very rare that we do.  Usually if we have a shot it's because we've created a chance.  Compare our chances to those by teams against us, there's a reason we're picking up points. 

We scored from a set piece again. Never looked like conceding from set pieces at the other end. What a huge difference it makes. 

These stas are OK, but a shot is counted even if it's from 25 yards and is blocked by a defender 5 yards away. 

• Upvote 1

3 very winnable games coming up as well - great times. Defence looks very good 

I'm not knocking the manager, players, nor the results, but I've just one little niggle, I would like to see us scoring more goals at home. Just one goal in each of our last 3 home games. I suppose it matters not if we're getting results, but it doesn't make other clubs wary of coming to the CG. They'll always feel they have a chance. 

Good, it's better for us if teams think they have a chance and don't put everyone behind the ball.  We'll keep picking them off. 

The only thing for me is, if we do go up, we'll have to do a lot of strengthening but you can worry about that when the time comes. 

I love that we are winning but if you dare say one thing about the performance that never really worked everyone thinks you are on a downer. I am really proud of how they are doing and people like Grabban, Cash and Worrall have surprised me so much. I never knew Grabban was that good and his work rate is fantastic. But as Dane says we are grinding out wins rather than beating teams easy and I am sorry but some team selections have not worked.

I am interested to see if Bostock gets a go now Sow is injured 

2 hours ago, legs_akimbo said:

Interesting stat that Forest have had fewest shots at goal of all the teams in the Championship. Not complaining at all, in fact its encouraging that once this issue of creativity is solved we will be unstoppable

Only team to score in each game though. 

17 minutes ago, E R said:

I love that we are winning but if you dare say one thing about the performance that never really worked everyone thinks you are on a downer. I am really proud of how they are doing and people like Grabban, Cash and Worrall have surprised me so much. I never knew Grabban was that good and his work rate is fantastic. But as Dane says we are grinding out wins rather than beating teams easy and I am sorry but some team selections have not worked.

I am interested to see if Bostock gets a go now Sow is injured 

I don't think you're on a downer but at the stage we're at, there's no point in expecting more than we're getting.

We're a team that gets results because we're harder working and better organised than other teams with lots of our players playing at the top of their games, not because we're capable of smashing everyone out of sight.  As the mad bastard used to say, it is what it is, and you get the same points for a 1-0 as you do a 4-0. 

On team selections, our manager really seems to know what he's doing and the results are showing that.  I sometimes think the teams don't look the best and then we get another great result so what do I know?

Just got back home . Today showed that Sabri has infused the players with a real blend of determination , togerness and team spirit .  For the first time in many years we look as though we can overcome any opponent by the shear collective will of our endeavours . The defence is as solid as a rock , midfield is still a work in progress but Watson is playing with a zest that belies his age .  Where was this player last season ?.  My only area for concern is in attack where we are totally dependent upon Grabban .. Should he get injured then .......................... 

Surprisingly, Worrall & Watson have been outstanding so far this season.

Carvalho has been a passenger. Silva works harder in that no.10 role and should start ahead of JC. Having both on the pitch doesn't work. 

I didn’t go today but a fair few saying this was the best we have played? 

Defence is excellent this season so far. 

We just need Carvallho to find some good form and create so magic and we’ll keep at it (as long as grabs stays fit) 

Sabri is such a pleasant surprise:)

Next run of games are definitely winnable. I think a massive difference is we are now actually going into games confident, not of drubbing teams but definitely confident of not losing and conceding many. We also have the confidence in the ability we have that we can beat teams whoever they are. You can see that confidence in the manager and staff, the players but even more importantly in the fans. It's been a long time since I've gone to a game and been actually confident that a defeat is the most unlikely scenario.

As people have mentioned it would be nice to start putting a few more goals past teams and we probably need to start picking that up as we will undoubtedly go through a bit of a dip. Conversely we all know we haven't really got out of 2nd gear yet and we find ourselves in a strong position. When/ if it does click it could be a vital part of the season as other teams like Preston may be going through their best spell of the season early doors where as we have our best performance period to come ( hopefully). As long as the wheels don't fall off I really do think 2 or 3 quality additions in January will give us a very very good chance of promotion. A quality striker being one of them also if we finally for once in our lives have lady luck on our side in terms of injuries just picking up the odd one here and there where they are sidelined for a few weeks could prove vital.

We are grinding wins out at the moment and draws and that's imperative for any team that wants to go up, however a few 3-1, 3-0 + scorelines will really get our players confidences flying high.

I've been critical of performances despite us getting results but I think with the exception of Birmingham, Saturday was our best performance and against a much better team.

We're strong at the back and have players who can hurt you and have a great bench available to change things.

SL has done an amazing job so far.  I never thought in a million years we would be 2nd with nearly a quarter of the season gone.