Sign in to follow this  
Daz

Stoke v Forest

Looked twitchy at the back when Dawson went off, his abscence was obvious when McLean scored their 2nd, but all in, we did well. First time top of the league for 5 years. Feels good.

Poor start but got better after we scored the equaliser. Agree upon Stoke second goal, if Daws was still on the pitch it gets cleared. 

A good three points. 

Yeah Cash is not a defender but we got the win and that was all that matters. Though Ameobi was excellent as was Worrall and Grabban. I am not convinced with Samba with balls into the box

feels so good to have a good team with good subs though and to be top of the league

👏💪

Just now, E R said:

Yeah Cash is not a defender but we got the win and that was all that matters. Though Ameobi was excellent as was Worrall and Grabban. I am not convinced with Samba with balls into the box

feels so good to have a good team with good subs though and to be top of the league

👏💪

Spot on with all points here 

Thought Mc Clean's goal for Stoke was clearly offside .... Wank officials yet again ...   However delighted with the win and the 3 points !!!

Defensively Cash has a lot to learn at right back but going forward he gives us so much - two goals game from his crosses.

i really didn’t fancy us tonight, delighted to be proved wrong! Top of the league even if just for one day 👍🏻

33 minutes ago, E R said:

👏💪

Worrall had a decent game, apart from both their goals. I thought he was ball watching for both their goals, especially the first.

Great 3 points after a sluggish start. At 3-1, they were there for the taking, but we decided to sit deep and it nearly cost us. When will managers learn that a game isn't won till the final whistle? How many times in previous seasons have we seen Forest winning a game, and then lose it trying to defend a lead? I don't like it. If you've got 3, go for 4.

Amoebi our best player tonight by a country mile.

41 minutes ago, Caz said:

Agree upon Stoke second goal, if Daws was still on the pitch it gets cleared. 

A good three points. 

Totally agree. Let's hope it's not a bad one. He's such an important player for us. 

1 minute ago, Dane B said:

At 3-1, they were there for the taking, but we decided to sit deep and it nearly cost us. When will managers learn that a game isn't won till the final whistle? How many times in previous seasons have we seen Forest winning a game, and then lose it trying to defend a lead? I don't like it. If you've got 3, go for 4.

SM said as much in his post match interview on Sky. I don't think the manager is to blame on this one. It's a bad habit we've had for years that he has to get them out of. Everything can't be solved overnight. 3 away wins matches the total for the whole of last season and it's still September. That's a minor miracle in itself! 

16 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Already on it. £30 treble forest, Fulham and Blackpool Lincoln btts £264 back. Believe!!

Very enjoyable night for me

• Thanks 1

If it all goes tits up this season at least I have taken multiple screenshots of us top of the league and I can thrust it in as many faces as I like. I can show my kids the evidence that we were top of the league

12 hours ago, E R said:

👏💪

I wouldn't be over critical of samba last night. 1st goal couldn't do anything about. 2nd yeah would have been great for him to punch that one away but some times goals like that happen. To be fair it was a well whipped in ball in the most dangerous part of the box. And as others have said there is a case for offside. But on another night with officials from last season our first could have been disallowed even though there was no foul at all and worrall could have been victim of a handball even though it was completely accidental off his leg onto his hand. You could tell by his reaction that he felt he got away with it a bit. Hope daws is back soon and equally hope Chema or whoever gets the nod can slip in alongside worrall without fuss and put Dawson esc appearances in. I fear though Dawson's knowledge, positioning  and determination is irreplaceable and it could be a piece of the jigsaw that we miss for a few weeks.

It's certainly tight. QPR are 9th but would have been top of they won.

Blackburn away and Brentford at home. Let's get 4 points and go into the international break right up there