Sign in to follow this  
E R

Arsenal v Forest

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

Probably isn't as easy as just going, let's get that striker. We need a good one lined up as of January 1st though.

I'm not suggesting that it is easy

Just wonder how much of an effect that absolute shambles might have on our confidence

Arrogant fuckers

For balance, if you got away to Arsenal without a striker, a b team defence and b team goalkeeper, you're likely to get spanked. Concentrate on the league and all that, onwards and upwards.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Yeah not good enough really. That's probably the confidence gone for the season. The one thing I didn't want tonight was us to get shafted cos despite it being a different team a shafting like that can hurt you. Stoke lost on pens to Crawley tonight. There confidence must be rock bottom. We need to beat them Friday night

• Haha 1

It got embarrassing at the end... 

On paper it seemed like a decent defence, midfield seemed a bit airy fairy and as others have said, noone up front.

Im surprised we didn't play Bostock or at least put some more grit on midfield. Then, the substitutions seemed to weaken us further. 

Not too worried about going out, but annoyed we've been thrashed. The worry is that this will impact morale ahead of Stoke

1 minute ago, Ricknffc said:

Yeah not good enough really. That's probably the confidence gone for the season. The one thing I didn't want tonight was us to get shafted cos despite it being a different team a shafting like that can hurt you. Stoke lost on pens to Crawley tonight. There confidence must be rock bottom. We need to beat them Friday night

'That's probably the confidence gone for the season' lol.

1 minute ago, Brummie_Red said:

Seriously ???

Ha no that was an over exaggeration. However we know how fragile our mentality has been over the past few years. Need to bounce back on friday

Taking the positives, this result will mean the squad don’t get over-confident and should reset their focus for Friday. It was a free hit of a match and we weren’t expected to win. Get a result Friday and this will all be forgotten. 

From what I saw I was a bit disappointed with the way we approached the game. Only a couple of the Arsenal players were what you might consider first teamers so to be destroyed in that manner is disappointing. 

I don't think anyone truly thought we would go there and win but it seemed like we didn't even put up a fight. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Savo said:

From what I saw I was a bit disappointed with the way we approached the game. Only a couple of the Arsenal players were what you might consider first teamers so to be destroyed in that manner is disappointing. 

I don't think anyone truly thought we would go there and win but it seemed like we didn't even put up a fight. 

This

Post match interview with lamouchi ' is there a chance you could get some of their young talent in January on loan,?' ' yes, why not?' in his seductive french accent

10 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

That's probably the confidence gone for the season. 

😂😂😂

This is what I missed the most when the Forum was down.

Never expected to get anything at Arsenal. I did expect to see a better performance from a team full of players that should be busting a gut to get into the managers plans for league selection. It didn't happen, they lay down. 

On the plus side, we'll have 7 fresh players returning to the side for the game against Stoke.