Sign in to follow this  
Thommo

Boro shearing the sheep

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49687098

Not quite Forest related but important to us. Boro are taking the sheep to court over selling their ground to the owners for £80m. Interesting that Villa also did this but only for 57m, so hopefully they're in trouble with this. Without the ground sales both clubs would have been in trouble with FFP rules, Villa obviously got promoted but Derby would be significantly weaker this year If they had complied. 

Hoping the EFL do something about this, but I imagine they'll do what they normally do ... nothing. Part of me hopes we do it before they close the loop hole.. 

As much as I hate Derby, there are no rules against this and Mel Morris has played a blinder.

Apparently Olympiacos are looking to buy the City Ground.

10 hours ago, Ben said:

As much as I hate Derby, there are no rules against this and Mel Morris has played a blinder.

Apparently Olympiacos are looking to buy the City Ground.

Are there not rules about 'fair value' and deals between related parties?

I'm sure there has been a number of issues about fair value (ie the market rate) for sponsorship deals - why shouldn't the same apply for these transactions? 

Not that all the bending if the rules is doing much good this season... 

• Upvote 1