Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

Forest v Preston

Improved in the last 15 but to little too late. Lolley was awful as was Carvalho who was worse than awful when he came on

2 minutes ago, E R said:

Improved in the last 15 but to little too late. Lolley was awful as was Carvalho who was worse than awful when he came on

We'd have lost without Carvalho.  That must have been Lolley's worst ever game.  Looked like a pub player.

Had a look at the table, we must have some games against teams who aren't in form at some point.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

26 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

We'd have lost without Carvalho.  That must have been Lolley's worst ever game.  Looked like a pub player.

Had a look at the table, we must have some games against teams who aren't in form at some point.

Should be beating Preston at home Chaz. Lost 2 out of 2 away from home this season.

On the upside, we're unbeaten in 5, but I feel a little deflated at 2 points dropped today.

1 hour ago, Dane B said:

Should be beating Preston at home Chaz. Lost 2 out of 2 away from home this season.

On the upside, we're unbeaten in 5, but I feel a little deflated at 2 points dropped today.

Had too many players having dud games today, Lolley and Semedo in particular.   As soon as the ball went near them they lost it.  You can't beat hard working and well organised sides carrying passengers.  

Thankfully the manager did enough to get us something but he probably needed 5 subs to win us the game.  At least we know that if we're having a difficult game this season we won't get rolled over.

Twice this season we've been appalling in the first half (Charlton away too) and managed to come away with a point.

Good to see some fighting spirit, but they are really games against sides we should be beating. 

Hopefully once Carvalho is fit, and we have a better sense of our best midfield then we'll find more rythym.

Feels like we're short upfront still too, but can't do much about that for now... 

On 8/31/2019 at 5:00 PM, E R said:

I agree that Lolley had perhaps his worst game for us since we signed him . However , I cannot agree with your comment about Carvalho . Yes he wasn't up to his usual high standard but that's perfectly understandable given it was only his second outing of the season . Also , his pass through the Preston defence for Albert's goal was exquisite .. All in all it was a game of 2 halves , the first controlled by Preston and the second with Forest in the ascendancy .. A draw was a fair result .

So in a way you are saying the manager got it massively wrong again at home? It wasn’t until the subs came on and Watson was off that we looked like doing anything. 2 holding midfielders and 1 up front is too cautious for me and they was well on top until we changed it and we then could have won it. I am happy enough so far with the manager but it’s a shame we were so poor for 70 minutes as we should be getting wins in these games 

It seems that the only criticism being aimed at SL is that he doesn't know his best team and continually picks the wrong starting XI.

It must difficult coming to a club which has a squad the size of the population of a small village, but I'm sure SL will sort it out. His substitutions work, and has got us points against Charlton and Preston that we almost certainly wouldn't have got under previous management.

It's not been a bad start to the season. Unlucky to lose the first game, and unbeaten in 5 games since. We will, hopefully, get better as the season progresses, but we all know that SL will be gone at the turn of the year if we're still mid table by then. "Get me promotion or I'll kill you", although said in jest, does highlight the owners desire to get to the Prem.

Not sure why people think they are mediocre, they are a good well organised team in a good run of form with a good manager. Decent point IMO.

Agree with both sentiments, we should be winning these but a point was decent given how we started the game. 

Semedo and Lolley were passengers for the game, I think Semedo was injured, as when he came out for the second half to sit on the bench he was hobbling and holding his groin. Lolley was off the boil. 

I think we're easing a few players in gently, Bostock, Adomah, Sow and Carvalho are all players that I think will be starting XI. Given the run of games we've had I think that gives you the impression he doesn't know his starting eleven. Sow changed the game massively and looks a beast of a player... a bit weird to watch with his arms flailing everywhere. Carvalho is obviously rusty but played a good through ball. Adomah I think is being managed because of his age, he played 90mins at Derby but I would expect to see him ahead of Ameobi. Bostock over Watson I think will make us move the ball a lot quicker. All in all I think its a positive start to the season.  

I managed to get this game which is my first this season.

Some of my thoughts are: Semedo is a luxury and goes missing in games leaving the rest of the midfield and defense far too exposed.  When he's on his game, he's very good but when he isn't he's lazy and can't be arsed.

Thiago gives the ball away more than any other player I think I've ever seen.  He's also a yellow card waiting to happen. That said, I like the way he plays and he can create things.

The defense look good when they're not exposed and Worrall has been solid as a rock.

Agree with everything else said about Lolley and Carvhalo and the rest.  Also agree with SL not necessarily knowing his best starting 11.

The one thing that I do like though is that for the first time since BD was here we seem to have a playing identity that the players are trying to get to grips with.  Playing from the back, keeping the ball and working the opposition.  Sometimes it doesn't work but then sometimes it does, like the Fulham goal.  I like this and at least they're trying to do what the manager is asking them to and I can only see this improving as the season goes along and the team becomes more settled.