Sign in to follow this  
Daz

Any takers?

As always, once Forest get a new manager they sign a few players before moving on players... Probably of equal ability... That the previous manager favoured.

The question is, will we move on anyone before the (European and lower league) transfer window closes? 

Will any of the following leave by then? 

Pantilimon, Smith, Hefele, Benalouane? , Milosevic?, Yacob, Bridcutt, Clough, Ariyibi, Cummings, Murphy

Edited by Daz

Probably not , there appears to be little incentive for players earning a good wedge with us to sign for another club where they might earn a lot less . 

35 minutes ago, US_RED said:

Maybe pay part off the wage bill just to get rid. 

Dave , I'm sure the club are willing to consider this but there are , as I see it , 2 main problems . Firstly , they need to be motivated to move to another club where they will be required to graft for their money . Secondly , why bother when they can sit on their arse and get paid for doing fuck all ............. Who in their right mind would want Cummings and Clough  anyway ????????

50 minutes ago, colin said:

Dave , I'm sure the club are willing to consider this but there are , as I see it , 2 main problems . Firstly , they need to be motivated to move to another club where they will be required to graft for their money . Secondly , why bother when they can sit on their arse and get paid for doing fuck all ............. Who in their right mind would want Cummings and Clough  anyway ????????

If the Scottish window is still open we could hopefully shift Cummings. 

Dont what happened to clough, seemed to have a bit about him 

2 hours ago, Thommo said:

If the Scottish window is still open we could hopefully shift Cummings. 

Dont what happened to clough, seemed to have a bit about him 

Cummings is not the full shilling and there seems little interest in him north of the border .  

As for Clough he seems to have lost any ability he once had ..  Has the heart of a mouse and no bottle , not the sort of player to thrive in the lower divisions ..

One gone at least - Gboly Ariyibi has joined Greek First Division side Panaitolikos.

IF we can get £8 million for Arvin  with a substantial sell on clause then it's good business .  It will give Modesto a tidy sum to spend on a striker when the transfer window opens again in January .  If only we could shift some of the other " dead wood " our finances would be a great deal healthier ..

So how does a second tier Spanish side suddenly cough up £8m for an untested 18 year old? 

Bar 4 or 5 clubs nobody has any money in Spain. 

Seems dodgy to me. Just like how all of our unwanted players always end up in Greece somewhere...

Edited by Savo

7 hours ago, Savo said:

So how does a second tier Spanish side suddenly cough up £8m for an untested 18 year old? 

Bar 4 or 5 clubs nobody has any money in Spain. 

Seems dodgy to me. Just like how all of our unwanted players always end up in Greece somewhere...

They’ve recently been taken over by some some Saudi Arabian sheikh. Regardless, £8 million is far too good to turn down for a player like Appiah so hopefully we snap their arm off. 

Refreshing that the attitudes on here have changed after the Burke sale when people were gathering their pitch forks and flaming torches to march on the ground 😂

2 hours ago, Danny said:

They’ve recently been taken over by some some Saudi Arabian sheikh. Regardless, £8 million is far too good to turn down for a player like Appiah so hopefully we snap their arm off. 

Fair enough. Good luck to him then. 

He seems a talent but at 18 if he was that good he would have had a few more appearances surely. Well that or our last few managers have been too shit to be able to spot he can play, which isn't entirely impossible. 

Any rumours about any defenders leaving? 

I'm counting 7 centre halves at the club which is ridiculous, quite frankly. It's about time Hefelump was sent to the glue factory. 

1 hour ago, Savo said:

Any rumours about any defenders leaving? 

I'm counting 7 centre halves at the club which is ridiculous, quite frankly. It's about time Hefelump was sent to the glue factory. 

Ironically, four of our 7 centre halves are out of contract in June. Hefele has another year to go, beyond this season 😡😡😡

I'd keep Milosevic, I'm not sure why he's being bombed out of the first team squad. At Dawsons age it's better to have decent cover for him. Worrall has looked solid so far this season which makes signing all these centre backs laughable. 

Hefele and Benaloune I wouldn't be sad to see go, Hefele had two decent games, what happened to him after that I don't know. 

Would love to see Cummings go, probably one of the worst strikers I've seen in a forest top. I'm struggling to think of a worse one, Dadi? Silenzi... 

I feel a bit for Bridcutt as he always seemed decent but you dont see what goes on I guess and none of the recent managers fancied him 

Great fee for Appiah, only seen him a couple of times but he seems to fall over as soon as somebody breathes on him and can't beat his man.  A bit like Brereton, the hype didn't seem to match the reality.