Sign in to follow this  
Taylor82

8 points from 5 games

5 pts on the road to teams that are currently 1st, 3rd, and 5th, is a fantastic return.

14 minutes ago, Taylor82 said:

We've done very well, Dane. I know it's early, but I'm starting to warm to Lamouchi. :wub_anim:

The thing I like the most about him, compared to other recent managers, is that he seems to have a plan A, plan B, plan C, and plan D.

Nope jury is still out for me - anyone who has 5 midfielders at the club and signs another 5 and still plays Ben Watson for the full 90 minutes is no good in my book. The players that were already here are mainly the ones that are performing - none of the players he has signed have stood out so far although some have done ok and granted it is early doors 

4 hours ago, E R said:

Nope jury is still out for me - anyone who has 5 midfielders at the club and signs another 5 and still plays Ben Watson for the full 90 minutes is no good in my book. The players that were already here are mainly the ones that are performing - none of the players he has signed have stood out so far although some have done ok and granted it is early doors 

I'm not sure it's actually him who is signing the players but that's by the by. I'd argue that Watson has been superb this season so far, I've also been very impressed with Sow and Semedo both upgrades on Guedioura, Yacob, Pele and Bridcut

I do think we missed a trick though not bringing in another striker but at the moment Grabban seems to be on form, Mir could have done with a goal against the Sheep. I guess we could play Appiah through the middle if either of them get injured

I've been impressed so far but let's look at it again after Preston on Saturday - sort of game we would lose in past seasons. After the lord mayors show and all that..........

5 hours ago, E R said:

The players that were already here are mainly the ones that are performing - none of the players he has signed have stood out so far although some have done ok and granted it is early doors 

Sow, Semedo and surprisingly Ameobi have all been excellent so far. 

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Sow, Semedo and surprisingly Ameobi have all been excellent so far. 

Plus Uncle Albert has been contributing with a few goals and assists ... I'd say the squad was considerably stronger this season .  Maybe a visit to Specsavers is in order Jamie ..🙄

3 minutes ago, colin said:

Plus Uncle Albert has been contributing with a few goals and assists ... I'd say the squad was considerably stronger this season .  Maybe a visit to Specsavers is in order Jamie ..🙄

I'm just pleased that we didn't go into the new season with MON in charge, Col. SL might have been an unknown quantity, but the team is growing under his leadership. A good win against Preston will help get a few more people on board.

I've a good feeling about this season.

2 minutes ago, Dane B said:

I'm just pleased that we didn't go into the new season with MON in charge, Col. SL might have been an unknown quantity, but the team is growing under his leadership. A good win against Preston will help get a few more people on board.

I've a good feeling about this season.

Yes mate I'm afraid that despite his protestations MON was yesterdays man .. I heard a whisper that when he handed Marinakis his list of transfer targets he was appalled . That combined with the fact that SL was his original choice to replace Karanka was now available prompted the decision to make the change . 

As far as I know our net spend on summer signings has been low and yet the squad has been considerably improved .. I'm cautiously optimistic about this season , my only reservation is our lack of decent strikers ....

I'm also glad MON wasn't given the new season. He is way past his best...you could tell with his attitude towards Carvalho how old school he was. He left him out basically every game for 3 months then when he came back in and was MOM, O'Neill basically said he was back in as the weather was getting warmer. The football was terrible too. 

I've been pleasantly surprised by our start. Thought we'd made some decent signings on paper but simply made far too many to put out anything like a coherent side for a while. I went to the Brum game and thought we were decent. 

Pros: I like the look of Semedo, Silva and Adomah. 

I'm glad Worrall is getting a run in the side. I was laughed off LTLF this time last year for questioning Aitor 'god' Karanka for sending out Worrall then bringing in Hefelump. 

I think Cash at right back is a masterstroke. 

The football we're starting to play is good to watch. 

Cons: our squad has about 12 more players than it should have. That's a lot of wages being taken up and can't be good for squad morale. I had a look at Wikipedia yesterday and I counted 35 pros if you include Johnson and Appiah. We have 5 keepers ffs and 7 centre halves. It's ridiculous and really needs cutting down if we possibly can. 

Did we really need Bostock? Did we need both Muric and Samba? Did we need Chema when we have Dawson, Worrall, Benoloane, Milosevic, Figuereido and Hefelump? Did we need Samba Sow when we have Watson, Bridcutt and Yacob? He seems the same to me. I just hope we haven't done what we've been doing for the last 8/9 years and have gone for quantity over quality. 

I think the new boss is great, we're better organised and harder working than at any point since Billy Mk1 and he isn't afraid to say we played like shit if we haven't done so well.  

I doubt he has much say in who comes in but he's doing the best he can with what he has.  He's even got Watson playing.  

Thank God we've got this for the season instead of whatever O'Neill would have been serving up.