Caz

Forest 2019/20 thread

7 hours ago, Dane B said:

The last time MON played a passing game was when he was Clough's number 7 in the 70's

😂👍

14 hours ago, Dane B said:

Do you honestly believe that Gupi? Any manager worth his salt would try to implement the football he wants from day one. He had 19 games last season, mostly playing a lump it forward game, most of them without Carvalho. He had the time to implement his brand of football, and he did it from day one. He lost half of his first 16 games, (w3 d5 l8), before introducing Carvalho for the last 3 games....... which we won. 

He's got as much intention of playing a passing game as I've got of letting Deano back on this Forum. What we've seen from MON so far is what we are going to get........ before he's sacked at Christmas. If it means selling Carvalho to bring in a lump of a centre forward plus more muscular players, he'll do it.

The last time MON played a passing game was when he was Clough's number 7 in the 70's.

What we need is for the club to lay down a footballing blueprint of attractive, passing football, and only allow the manager to bring in players who suit that style, and only appoint managers who can implement that style of football. That way, when a manager is sacked, the new manager won't take over a club that has 30 players that doesn't suit his brand of football. 

I'm frightened to death of the damage MON could do in the next window.

I've absolutely no idea if I believe it or not. It's just what he said and I live in hope as usual. We have 9 pre season games this summer which is more than I can ever remember us having. I guess our signings and style of play in pre season will give us an indication. Both him and our GK coach went to watch City number 2 ball playing GK Arijanet Muric a couple of days ago. Thats the kind of keeper you want in a possession based team. 

I'm going to judge O'Neill from now. Its never easy coming in half way through the season, picking up someone else squad, however frustrating it was to sit through. He has a summer window, he has a full and on paper extensive pre season. He has one year left on his contract in what is a promotion or bust scenario, fuck it lets see what happens.

17 hours ago, Dane B said:

He lost half of his first 16 games, (w3 d5 l8), before introducing Carvalho for the last 3 games....... which we won. 

You've turned 2 wins into draws there. We won 8, drew 3 and lost 8 after MON took over. 

4 hours ago, A new man said:

You've turned 2 wins into draws there. We won 8, drew 3 and lost 8 after MON took over. 

So I did 😏. My bad.

All managers say they want to play an attacking attractive style. I can remember Megson coming out with that when he first came in.

22 hours ago, Dane B said:

I'm frightened to death of the damage MON could do in the next window.

Really? As opposed the the great signings we normally make? I don't see how he could possibly make things worse. Even if O'Neill made the worst five signings of his entire career all in this one summer window it'd still be better business than usual for Forest.

This is like 'Jim'll Fix It' coming back with Russell Brand as the host and someone going "I'm fightened to death the damage Brand could do to the programme's reputation" :axehead:

• Thanks 1

It would probably have to be someone called Jim who took over 😉

Well, sadly Bowen's no longer available. Davidson or Tarbuck? What a choice. I suppose a change of name would be worth considering. Russ'll Fix it?

More mention today of bringing goalkeeper Airjanet Muric in on loan from Man City.

3 hours ago, Taylor82 said:

Pantilimon seems to divide opinion. :worried_anim:

Good shot stopper but doesn't command his area as he should . Also , his distribution can best be described as woeful . He often makes basic errors which hardly inspire his defenders with confidence in his security.

3 hours ago, Taylor82 said:

Pantilimon seems to divide opinion. :worried_anim:

'

12 hours ago, colin said:

Good shot stopper but doesn't command his area as he should . Also , his distribution can best be described as woeful . He often makes basic errors which hardly inspire his defenders with confidence in his security.

I agree Colin. I think for a man of his stature he should command his area better. Doesn't inspire confidence in his back-four. Reluctant to come for crosses. He can't get down to low shots at goal, and his kicking/distribution is awful.

Then you have people with stats, telling you he kept the 4th most clean sheets in the division this season. That's decent I suppose, especially given all the different centre-half partnerships he's played behind - Fox, Figueiredo, Wague, Milosevic, Robinson, Dawson, Benalouane, and Hefele.

image.png.448e1f882ca4f9a638324b21e4221a1d.png

38 minutes ago, E R said:

And indeed another striker 

At least one, if not two unless we’ve got a promising kid coming through (Walker?)

Without quality supply we’ll never know how lethal any of our current strikers really are - until they leave and do better elsewhere.

So soudani is going to sign for olympiacos. Bit pissed off with this as he has some pedigree which we didn't see at all due to his Injury and with him for it would be nice to see what he can do.

However if his injury is going to affect him then he is better off at olympiacos than us from our perspective I've. I just hope marinakis sorts us out with some funds for him. We need to start seeing some of these fringe players moved on now.

20 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

So soudani is going to sign for olympiacos. Bit pissed off with this as he has some pedigree which we didn't see at all due to his Injury and with him for it would be nice to see what he can do.

However if his injury is going to affect him then he is better off at olympiacos than us from our perspective I've. I just hope marinakis sorts us out with some funds for him. We need to start seeing some of these fringe players moved on now.

Good riddance to him. Last season we had Soudani, Dawson, Figueiredo, Byram and Hefele all stealing a wage for most of the season. Go back a few years and the list is as long as your arm. We have to move on from injury prone players. 

1 hour ago, A new man said:

Good riddance to him. Last season we had Soudani, Dawson, Figueiredo, Byram and Hefele all stealing a wage for most of the season. Go back a few years and the list is as long as your arm. We have to move on from injury prone players. 

have to agree 

1 hour ago, A new man said:

This pisses me off - a lot of the players we have been linked with so far have the sentence "missed much of last season with injury" in their bio. 

• Upvote 1

Fixtures released. West brom at home and Leeds away first 2 games. Home to Derby November 9th ( will obviously be moved) and away to Derby April 4th again will be moved.

Last game home to stoke

Opening game v West brom 3rd August 5.30pm on sky

Edited by Ricknffc