Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Caz

Forest 2019/20 thread

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Kurt Tribbensee said:

Season ticket holder pal, at least I go, put your money where your mouth is

You need to wean yourself off the prescription drugs Kurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was forest and Joe was tempted to leave I might say ' look Joe, we are pushing for promotion this season, give us one more season and if we don't go up you can be sold'. Saying that maybe his boyhood club villa get relegated and he doesn't have a chance to play for them in the prem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously it's about time someone from the club started listening to me but I'm surprised they've acted this fast.....

On 5/29/2019 at 12:58 AM, Art Vandelay said:

I'm planning on having a good look at football index over the summer ready to have a serious go during next season.................

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ Leyton Orient manager Justin edinburgh,49 dead after cardiac arrest. Weren't a few people keen on him becoming forest manager at one stage? What sad news, with promotion as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly cardiac disease has no boundaries as to who it afflicts ...  Indeed , it's not uncommon for apparently healthy athletic young men to suffer from coronary infarctions . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked like we are selling Carvalho to Olympiacos. With him and Lolley going that is about it it terms of players who can change a game so next year should be as dull as dishwater with MON buying the usual workhorse types he always has 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, E R said:

Looked like we are selling Carvalho to Olympiacos. With him and Lolley going that is about it it terms of players who can change a game so next year should be as dull as dishwater with MON buying the usual workhorse types he always has 

There's a long list of players I'd like to see the back of and these two do not top it. What kind of ambition is on display here if we get shot of our two best creative midfielders? A Premier League stadium being constructed to watch League 1 football...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who's actually said we are selling Lolley? As far as I'm aware there's been no official offers made for him..... just lazy journalism linking him with Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dane B said:

Who's actually said we are selling Lolley? As far as I'm aware there's been no official offers made for him..... just lazy journalism linking him with Villa

THIS !!!!!  

Also , MON will be taking a massive risk if he agrees to the sale of Carvalho given how popular he is with the fans .. He's now had a season getting used to the Championship and should excell this coming season if MON picks sides to play to his strengths .. Surely there's plenty of " dead wood " to get rid of before we even contemplate selling our most stylish and creative player ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must say, I'm a little disappointed MON will be here for the start of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa want a right winger from Brentford, they've had a 10m offer turned down, so Lolley unlikely to be first choice. 

Carvalho and Soudani could both go to Olympiakos - when do we start to feel uncomfortable about the arrangement? It felt like the relationship was designed for us to get around FFP... Is that still the plan? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Daz said:

Villa want a right winger from Brentford, they've had a 10m offer turned down, so Lolley unlikely to be first choice. 

Carvalho and Soudani could both go to Olympiakos - when do we start to feel uncomfortable about the arrangement? It felt like the relationship was designed for us to get around FFP... Is that still the plan? 

If we lose Carvalho I would be gutted, he is without a doubt the best player we have had in some time when he is on it. Keep him happy and playing freely and he will rip up this league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, darcy said:

If we lose Carvalho I would be gutted, he is without a doubt the best player we have had in some time when he is on it. Keep him happy and playing freely and he will rip up this league. 

That's the problem mate. He can't be on it if MON doesn't play him. 

If Carvalho's style of play doesn't suit MON's style then he won't get picked, and to be honest, if that turns out to be the case, we might as well cash in on him. 

Lolley and Carvalho need to be the first names on the team sheet and the team needs to be built around those two. Surely MON can see that??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dane B said:

That's the problem mate. He can't be on it if MON doesn't play him. 

If Carvalho's style of play doesn't suit MON's style then he won't get picked, and to be honest, if that turns out to be the case, we might as well cash in on him. 

Lolley and Carvalho need to be the first names on the team sheet and the team needs to be built around those two. Surely MON can see that??? 

lets hope in pre season he does see it, because it was no surprise we ended the season with better results when he was in the side 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the whole point of MON experimenting with team selection and tactics at the end of last season was to determine what worked best for the players at his disposal... The final 3 results were conclusive!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way we'll sell our 2 best players. The squad is almost there in terms of quality, next season is probably the weakest/most even Championship in years and we'll be starting work on a new stand which will require Prem football to fill it. I don't think making our squad and team weaker is in the owners thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

There is no way we'll sell our 2 best players. The squad is almost there in terms of quality, next season is probably the weakest/most even Championship in years and we'll be starting work on a new stand which will require Prem football to fill it. I don't think making our squad and team weaker is in the owners thinking.

Might be in O'Neill's.  If he thinks more 'athletic' players are required instead of Carvalho.  He might not have much choice about Lolley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E R said:

Because O’Neill is famous for his champagne football 😂

In his interviews last season he spoke about wanting to play a better passing game but needed time to implement that style which he didn't have when trying to reach the play offs. He'll have time over the summer and 9 pre season games to practise with. If we start again in August lumping it upfield and with Carvalho on the bench, I can't see him sticking around very long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GupiRed2 said:

In his interviews last season he spoke about wanting to play a better passing game but needed time to implement that style 

Do you honestly believe that Gupi? Any manager worth his salt would try to implement the football he wants from day one. He had 19 games last season, mostly playing a lump it forward game, most of them without Carvalho. He had the time to implement his brand of football, and he did it from day one. He lost half of his first 16 games, (w3 d5 l8), before introducing Carvalho for the last 3 games....... which we won. 

He's got as much intention of playing a passing game as I've got of letting Deano back on this Forum. What we've seen from MON so far is what we are going to get........ before he's sacked at Christmas. If it means selling Carvalho to bring in a lump of a centre forward plus more muscular players, he'll do it.

The last time MON played a passing game was when he was Clough's number 7 in the 70's.

What we need is for the club to lay down a footballing blueprint of attractive, passing football, and only allow the manager to bring in players who suit that style, and only appoint managers who can implement that style of football. That way, when a manager is sacked, the new manager won't take over a club that has 30 players that doesn't suit his brand of football. 

I'm frightened to death of the damage MON could do in the next window.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dane B said:

Do you honestly believe that Gupi? Any manager worth his salt would try to implement the football he wants from day one. He had 19 games last season, mostly playing a lump it forward game, most of them without Carvalho. He had the time to implement his brand of football, and he did it from day one. He lost half of his first 16 games, (w3 d5 l8), before introducing Carvalho for the last 3 games....... which we won. 

He's got as much intention of playing a passing game as I've got of letting Deano back on this Forum. What we've seen from MON so far is what we are going to get........ before he's sacked at Christmas. If it means selling Carvalho to bring in a lump of a centre forward plus more muscular players, he'll do it.

The last time MON played a passing game was when he was Clough's number 7 in the 70's.

What we need is for the club to lay down a footballing blueprint of attractive, passing football, and only allow the manager to bring in players who suit that style, and only appoint managers who can implement that style of football. That way, when a manager is sacked, the new manager won't take over a club that has 30 players that doesn't suit his brand of football. 

I'm frightened to death of the damage MON could do in the next window.

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.