Ricknffc

Transfers wanted 2019/20

On 5/25/2019 at 3:18 PM, colin said:

Taylor from Charlton looks a plyer .

In same league now so doubt will work 

Why on earth doesn’t Marriot start - much better than bennett 

One thing we should learn from them 2 teams today is that if we make loan signings they need to be bloody good loan signings, not just squad players. I mean Tammy Abraham playing in the championship. Even when he was at Swansea he was very very good. I think he could easily lead the line or at least be a strong number 2 to lead the line at Chelsea.

Time to see what marinakis has about him this summer, I hope he puts some clout behind us. Bring on next year, if we start to get some faces out the door sharpish when they get back off their hols and start adding some very good additions I'm going to start getting excited. I know a lot of its but here's to hoping

Albert adomah is out of contract at villa, always liked him, decent winger on a free?

Bradley dack from Blackburn

Maupay and Watkins from brentford

Maupay and Watkins would probably cost about thirty million now! Of course when we could have signed them cheap we were paying similar amounts for the likes of Bendtner.

Watching the play off final and seeing Abraham, Mings, Wilson, and Mount just emphasised how poor our loans have been. We must have had more loan players passing through in the last five years or so than in the previous hundred combined and they've nearly all been a total waste of time.

7 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Maupay and Watkins would probably cost about thirty million now! Of course when we could have signed them cheap we were paying similar amounts for the likes of Bendtner.

Watching the play off final and seeing Abraham, Mings, Wilson, and Mount just emphasised how poor our loans have been. We must have had more loan players passing through in the last five years or so than in the previous hundred combined and they've nearly all been a total waste of time.

Agree, loans have just been to make up the numbers, loan players should be starting as many games as possible as the whole point of a loan is getting someone who is out of Ur reach financially and quality wise. Our loans haven't even made an appearance cos they have been shite.

There's something seriously wrong with our scouting network. In fact I'm not sure there is one. I get the impression that any signings we make now fall into one of 3 categories:

Players who olympiakos want us to sign. 

Players recommended by agents. 

More 'well-known' names that either used to be good or have recently had a multitude of long term injuries. 

That's why we don't sign a player like Maupay or Assombalonga before he went to Peterborough. Because nobody is out there looking for them. Instead we pay over the odds at a later date. It's part of the reason we're both financially fucked and have a shit team that never starts and finishes the same season. We'll, that and constantly hiring muppets as manager, all with completely different ideas about the game and then sacking them after a few months. 

1 hour ago, Ricknffc said:

Dabbling on football manager would provide a more fruitful resource.

I always thought we should have signed Tonton Zola Moukoko. 😀

4 hours ago, Thommo said:

I always thought we should have signed Tonton Zola Moukoko. 😀

Fuck him the sheep shagging bastard!

1 hour ago, Kurt Tribbensee said:

I think we should get Mason Bennett from down the A52, he did well at the pies 

He played two games....

16 hours ago, Kurt Tribbensee said:

Played well in them though 

Are you Mason Bennett?

Adomah released by Villa. He’s 31 but give him a 2 year deal and I wouldn’t be against him coming in. 

Would take Adomah all day long

Nick Powell is available on a free too. Would be quite happy to have him here

Yes would be very happy with them 2 additions. Adomah pace power and has a finish in him with good experience at this level and still has a couple years in him of good performances, Powell would be a very good addition for a free as well and adds a bit more creativity and goal threat from midfield, good vision and strength could easily replace a couple of the duds like watson

Let me get this straight, so most would say yes to 31 year old Adomah with 4 goals and 2 assists last season (Matty Cash in comparrison got 8 goals and 1 assist), but we'd say no to 30 year old Grosicki with 9 goals and 12 assists.....

Would take both ha. Tommy elphick also been released, wasn't he in the Bournemouth promotion side? Thought he was half a decent player?

Adomah and Elphick are just the kind of transfers I'm expecting us to make - Old, no better than what we've got, well known enough our scouts have heard of them, and available for free.

Come on, pull yourselves together :thumbsdown_anim:

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I would take Adrian in goal if we can get shot of lurch 👍