Ricknffc

Transfers wanted 2019/20

For those of you who can't just disappear until August. Post players you think would be good additions this summer in here your opinion or rumoured to be targets

Jason Puncheon is available on a free - he's 33 but has barely played in two years, and hardly ever managed over 30 games a season so will still have plenty of energy left. Give him a four year deal and if we have too many players simply loan him out to a different club each season?

Stephen Ireland - Used to be good. Briefly. Ages ago. Missed out on the glory years at Man City so will be well motivated for a midtable second tier scrap. A classic could do well 'at this level' signing. Barely seen in five years, so likely to welcome a move into semi-retirement with Forest.

Peter Whittingham - I think we could finally get him. Will be raring to go after a year out. Also look into getting Darren Pratley.

Lewis McGuigan - We do like to bring all our former youth players back once they're not wanted elsewhere so now seems like a good time. Can do a job share with Ireland. Also see what Shaun Wright-Phillips is up to?

Matty Fryatt - He was unlucky before and is proven at this level. Worth a one year deal, maybe two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Andy Carroll is out of contract at West Ham and would score goals for fun at this level 

1 hour ago, E R said:

Andy Carroll is out of contract at West Ham and would score goals for fun at this level 

I'd take him all day long 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, E R said:

Huge wages. Rarely fit. Not for me. 

• Upvote 1

He could get a goal every other game in the Championship. So, over an entire season, he could score as many as three goals.

• Haha 2

I would rather see players leaving the club than have anybody come in. However, I expect the recycling of dross to continue.

• Haha 1

The club have just announced the retained list of the first team squad. 

Karim Ansarifard, Arvin Appiah, Gboly Ariyibi, Yohan Benalouane, Liam Bridcutt, Joao Carvalho, Matty Cash, Zach Clough, Jason Cummings, Tendayi Darikwa, Michael Dawson, Tobias Figueiredo, Lewis Grabban, Jorge Grant, Adlene Guedioura, Michael Hefele, Joe Lolley, Alex Milosevic, Daryl Murphy, Ben Osborn, Costel Pantilimon, Jack Robinson, Jordan Smith, Hillal Soudani, Luke Steele, Panagiotis Tachtsidis, Apostolos Vellios, Tyler Walker, Ben Watson, Joe Worrall, Claudio Yacob, Ryan Yates

32 in total and a lot of dross in there. We’ll struggle to shift a lot of the shit on. 

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Huge wages. Rarely fit. Not for me. 

Sounds like a proper Forest signing to me. 

A great signing for me would be Chris Hughton now he's left Brighton. 

20 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Jason Puncheon is available on a free - he's 33 but has barely played in two years, and hardly ever managed over 30 games a season so will still have plenty of energy left. Give him a four year deal and if we have too many players simply loan him out to a different club each season?

Stephen Ireland - Used to be good. Briefly. Ages ago. Missed out on the glory years at Man City so will be well motivated for a midtable second tier scrap. A classic could do well 'at this level' signing. Barely seen in five years, so likely to welcome a move into semi-retirement with Forest.

Peter Whittingham - I think we could finally get him. Will be raring to go after a year out. Also look into getting Darren Pratley.

Lewis McGuigan - We do like to bring all our former youth players back once they're not wanted elsewhere so now seems like a good time. Can do a job share with Ireland. Also see what Shaun Wright-Phillips is up to?

Matty Fryatt - He was unlucky before and is proven at this level. Worth a one year deal, maybe two.

Spent some quality time on this, brilliant

10 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

He could get a goal every other game in the Championship. So, over an entire season, he could score as many as three goals.

That one was just for you mate 😉

i saw a similar article to this in the Times and thought of your post

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.shieldsgazette.com/news/people/former-newcastle-united-striker-andy-carroll-makes-sunday-times-rich-list-of-wealthiest-young-sports-stars-1-9761169/amp

On 5/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, Art Vandelay said:

He'd make great company for Dawson, Figueiredo, Hefele and Soudani in treatment room. If we also sign Byram they could play 3 a side in there. 

• Haha 1

Karim Ansarifard, Keep

Arvin Appiah, Keep

Gboly Ariyibi, Get rid

Yohan Benalouane, Keep

Liam Bridcutt, Get rid

Joao Carvalho, Keep

Matty Cash, Keep

Zach Clough, Get rid

Jason Cummings, Get rid

Tendayi Darikwa, Keep

Michael Dawson, Keep 

Tobias Figueiredo, Keep

Lewis Grabban, Keep

Jorge Grant, Get rid

Adlene Guedioura, Keep

Michael Hefele, Get rid

Joe Lolley, Keep

Alex Milosevic, Keep

Daryl Murphy, Get rid

Ben Osborn, Keep

Costel Pantilimon, Keep

Jack Robinson, Keep

Jordan Smith, Get rid

Hillal Soudani, Get rid

Luke Steele, Get rid

Panagiotis Tachtsidis, Gone

Apostolos Vellios, Get rid

Tyler Walker, Keep

Ben Watson, Get rid

Joe Worrall, Keep

Claudio Yacob, Keep

Ryan Yates, Keep

Sam Byram says ' I need to play football and, you know, if Nottingham forest off me football next season, I would not turn that opportunity down'

Apart from Lolley and Grabban I don’t give a shit if we lose our whole squad. I’d like to see us get rid of 10/15 and bring in 3 or 4. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bestwood_red! said:

Apart from Lolley and Grabban I don’t give a shit if we lose our whole squad. I’d like to see us get rid of 10/15 and bring in 3 or 4. 

Got to agree with that.

I'm happy with Pants, Benalouane, Milosovic, Darikwa, Osborn, Figuerido, Robinson, Yates, Yacob, Appiah, Carvalho, Lolley, Grabban, Karim, Cash, etc.

Might be worth keeping one or two others like Soudani and Murphy.

Just needs the shit moving on, we've got the basis of a good squad there.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I'm happy with Pants....

That's the view Forest usually take with player recruitment.

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, bestwood_red! said:

Ecactly so, and yet people are scathing about O'Neil while in the same breath conceding nine tenths of our squad are fucking useless. I bet O'Neil holds a similar opinion.

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:42 PM, Art Vandelay said:

That's the view Forest usually take with player recruitment.

😆

On 5/18/2019 at 9:08 PM, legs_akimbo said:

Ecactly so, and yet people are scathing about O'Neil while in the same breath conceding nine tenths of our squad are fucking useless. I bet O'Neil holds a similar opinion.

I don't think most of our squad are fucking useless, they're just too numerous.  We need to ship half of them out and if we manage that, bring in a couple of quality attacking players.  You don't need 11 superstars on the pitch, four or five class players raises everyone else up a level.  Like when we play Carvalho everyone around him plays a lot better, and so it would be if we had a couple of other better players.

Either that or we can shift half of the squad out and bring in a load of players who aren't much better than we got shot of, which is generally how we do business.

Lowe & Clarke @ Pompey would be great additions but there is a lot of teams after them