Charlie Cheswick

Nottingham Forest vs Middlesbrough

1 hour ago, bestwood_red! said:

We’d won one in 8 before he left. We were already on the decline. Although I’d rather he stayed than us get O’Neill 

He had at most 1 fit central defender in that time and Grabban had limped out.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

He had at most 1 fit central defender in that time and Grabban had limped out.

This

6 hours ago, Savo said:

We need a young manager who has a track record of playing and developing young players playing good football. 

I agree with this Savo but I think there's at least one level or more above this where we need to have a strategy of who we are, how we would like to define ourselves i.e. promoting youth, playing passing football etc and then try to work towards fitting our managing and playing staff around that.

I think the owners have again fallen into the championship trap of thinking that throwing money at the team means automatic promotion and as well all know it most certainly doesn't.

They should do this, make it public, get staff that fit the bill and then tell all of us lot that this is how it's going to be.  Managers can fail to get the best out of players which is fine but then we just need to replace them with the someone who can work with the players they've got and develop results.  Not keep ripping up the frigging book and starting again.

You're spot on though, we'll go nowhere the way things are right now because either the owners won't stand for it, the fans wont stand for it or both.  And then we start the loop again.