Charlie Cheswick

Nottingham Forest vs Middlesbrough

How he dropped Carvalho just shows what a dinosaur he is 

If Messi just did what Carvalho did it would be on every football show tonight - double nutmeg and perfect ball for the goal 

• Upvote 1

If this game finished six or seven nobody could say we didn't deserve it.  Carvalho was absolutely superb, despite Lolley being brilliant at times I haven't seen any Forest player come close to playing at that level this season. 

Different team today. Carvalio was immense just sticking two fingers up at MON. 

Middlesbrough were proper shit tho, but once we scored we were up for it today. Nice to see 

100% still think MON should go

It's about producing that kind of performance again and again. I've said there's no doubt the boy has talent and skill, some games he has gone missing and filtered into the phrase ' can change the game with a moment of magic' hopefully he can now have a run in the side till end of season and produce that kind of performance regularly which will in turn take the pressure off Lolley. Also obviously carvalho is an intelligent player and the likes of grabban Lolley will play on his kind of wavelength.

I also think that formation today worked very well. Modern football needs attacking fullbacks and having Osborn and cash playing full back meant when they actually went forward they have the ability to create something unlike the likes of darikwa always having no end product.

5-0 on aggregate over Boro this season- very nice

1 minute ago, Ricknffc said:

It's about producing that kind of performance again and again. I've said there's no doubt the boy has talent and skill, some games he has gone missing and filtered into the phrase ' can change the game with a moment of magic' hopefully he can now have a run in the side till end of season and produce that kind of performance regularly which will in turn take the pressure off Lolley. Also obviously carvalho is an intelligent player and the likes of grabban Lolley will play on his kind of wavelength.

I also think that formation today worked very well. Modern football needs attacking fullbacks and having Osborn and cash playing full back meant when they actually went forward they have the ability to create something unlike the likes of darikwa always having no end product.

5-0 on aggregate over Boro this season- very nice

If you watch us at any point in the season when Carvalho has played, he makes us much better because he brings his team mates into the game.  Even in games when he apparently goes missing - in other words when the other team has the ball more.

Without him we're completely one dimensional, it's either give it to Lolley and hope he does something or hoof it to the striker.

Not playing him is absolutely moronic and he showed why today.

What a result. Shame it’s too little too late. He should play the same side and system for the last two games and see how we get on.

I went today and I said last week I’ve never seen Carvalho play well. I’m going to backtrack massively and say I don’t think I’ve seen a player put in a performance like that since probably the 90s 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

I went today and I said last week I’ve never seen Carvalho play well. I’m going to backtrack massively and say I don’t think I’ve seen a player put in a performance like that since probably the 90s 

I think he's always played well to be fair, just people's expectations were a little raised cause of the price tag.

Agree on your last point, I can't remember the last time I saw one of our players play that well.  Boro couldn't live with him.  

5 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

Pressure is off and forest win, what a suprise....

Probably more of a case of we played our best team instead of whatever names fell out of the hat for the last couple of months.

Nice to see grabban look like he's back in the mood to our a shift in. One thing we have hardly seen this season is people actually running beyond people it was nice to see midfielders and wing backs joining the attack wanting through balls and overlap passes

19 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Probably more of a case of we played our best team instead of whatever names fell out of the hat for the last couple of months.

Would you keep Mon next season and back him with funds?

10 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

His umpteenth different team selection, formation, and tactics. It's true what they say, even a blind squirrel will find a nut eventually.

Plus he's made himself look a right twat having kept Carvalho out of the starting line up for so long. Today everyone has seen what the lad brings to the team. I just hope MON saw it too.

That's the best we've looked in ages. Thought the team looked much improved today. Boro didn't get a sniff.

15 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

After the last couple of months I'm not convinced.  Was today a one off?  Will the next team sheet be as nonsensical as the rest before today?

I have to admit, he's ground down any faith I might have had in him. 

Carvalho will be a more consistent player next season, will come on a lot for this season it’s a shame MON hasn’t seen his worth until today................... 

Given the chance and hopefully a new manager 

Edited by Ian

23 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

Not under any circumstances 

No - either he makes do with what we have and if he gets rid of a few he can get a few on loan or we get someone in like Jokanavic 

when you look at the likes of Derby and Leeds they have some brilliant players on loan where as ours are normally shit