Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

Jack Colback

If Colback gets booked today, it may well be his last game for Forest. He'll miss the last 3 games through suspension.

Is he worth signing in the summer? He's OK at this level, but not Prem quality. If we are building for the future, then don't sign him on a long contract on stupid money. As it doesn't look like we'll be going up any time soon, a 3 year deal on 25k a week would be OK.

I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for us to be smashing our wage structure over.

I think he's one of the best midfielders in the league and could do a job in the Prem but his wages will be too large for us I think. You'd have to think one of the bigger boys will probably be taking interest too.

By far our best midfielder. Depends on his wage demands but I’d keep him for definite. If we fucked off handful of squad players like Watson, Bridcutt etc that’d cover a large chunk of Colbacks wages you’d think. 

I rate him but apparently he’s on £60k a week at Newcastle. 

Just been booked for diving so that’s the last we’ll see of him in a Forest shirt. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I'd be happy for us to take him on loan for another year.  Our best player this season for me.  

He’s out of contract I think at the or the year 

We could easily afford his wages if we cut down the massive squad size but shouldn't be paying anyone more than 25k a week 

I always thought he was a bit crap whenever I saw him play for Sunderland or Newcastle but seems like he's done alright for Forest. Really it should depend what happens with Watson, Bridcutt, Yacob, Guedioura, Yates, Carvalho, Osbourn, that Greek bloke if he's still here, and anyone else I've forgotten.

It should, but it won't. We'll probably sign him up along with five other random midfielders and then he'll spend next year on loan at Birmingham.  

Edited by Art Vandelay

Wouldn't break the bank for him but he is a top class midfielder at this level. Doubt he'd sign for us with O'Neil in charge anyway.

When I look at the likes of Sheff Utd and Norwich I doubt they have any 60k a week players. He is ok but we could give a new manager that for 2 players. We need a lot of shit off the books again next season and no doubt whoever is in charge will bring in another load 

Whilst I do rate him, and as other have said, he has been really good this season, I don't think I would sign him. 

I just think we could use that 25k a week (min) and the hefty signing on fee, to strengthen in better areas. We have a number of defensive midfielders on permanent contracts. If a manager can't form a decent partnership out of Yacob, Yates, Bridcutt and Watson then he isn't to to the job. 

I'd much rather we prioritise another winger /attacking midfielder, and if need be, give Lolley a new contract to keep any suitors off

Lolley did a new 4.5 year deal in Feb - but I agree the money should be spent on some more attacking options especially as it seems Carvalho will be off and Grabban looks like he is hating life again at his 23rd club  

On 4/20/2019 at 11:27 AM, E R said:

Lolley did a new 4.5 year deal in Feb - but I agree the money should be spent on some more attacking options especially as it seems Carvalho will be off and Grabban looks like he is hating life again at his 23rd club  

I love Lolley, but think the new contract was just an opportunity to make sure we get good money if/when he leaves. And I expect bids in the summer.