Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

Forest v Blackburn

I'm at that stage now and it sounds awful but I'm that sick of changing managers and us being a laughing stock I would rather we have 3 seasons of mediocrity with Mon then change manager just so it says we have had a manager for longer than a year.

Wagner I agree would be a very good manager for us, doubt we could get him

3 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

We had that with warburton, a long term project, a vision, look what happened to him

Nope, I have to disagree there mate.

I championed the appointment of Warburton for over a year before he joined us. Colin was in the same frame of mind, and I'm sure he'll confirm it. But we never seemed to get from Warburton what his Brentford team were capable of doing. Towards the end of his tenure we were going through a bad time on the pitch, and I'm sure many were relieved when he was dismissed.

3 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

AK fitted the bill.

No he didn't Chaz. Very poor win percentage, which wasn't improving. If you liked a draw, he was your man. If you wanted a regular 3 points, forget it.

I'd have wanted to stick with Karanka if I could see signs of him wanting to put teams to the sword rather than going one up and defending it......ala Leeds away. Plus, he's one mardy bastard. Proved it here, and at Boro. When the going gets tough, Karanka fucks off.

Probably the closest we've had for a while who just might get us top 6, but I think he would have failed.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:41 PM, Ricknffc said:

Are we saying though that the only chance of someone being 'the right' manager is if he gets off to a good start straight away and pushes us on from the off doing better than the previous manager? How do you know if he's the right manager until you give a reasonable amount of time to them? I'm not saying he is the right manager, I agree that everything so far on the field hasn't filled anyone with positivity but if a manger gets off to a horrible start does that mean they are the wrong man straight away?

I guess what I’m saying is we didn’t have much patience with all the other managers we have had so why start now? I would rather have given one of the other managers a longer run based on what I have seen regardless of whether he is the right man. 

Is Forests realisttic goal now to get into the Premier League in a years time or longer? It is important to know so we can measure success and expectations. 

Warburton was booted for change in expectations yet he was building us up into a good passing team, only the defence was horrific. I saw what he was trying to do and if he had 3 years he may have taken us forward. Based on O’Neills comments it sounds like he is going down a similar path, reassess the team, clear out, buy new players who want to play for club, develop youth and go again, all which I doubt will bring success in a year so if this is a longer term approach why change expectations. 

Listening to MON talk, he seems very confident of being here next season. 😮😮😮

35 minutes ago, Dane B said:

No he didn't Chaz. Very poor win percentage, which wasn't improving. If you liked a draw, he was your man. If you wanted a regular 3 points, forget it.

I'd have wanted to stick with Karanka if I could see signs of him wanting to put teams to the sword rather than going one up and defending it......ala Leeds away. Plus, he's one mardy bastard. Proved it here, and at Boro. When the going gets tough, Karanka fucks off.

Probably the closest we've had for a while who just might get us top 6, but I think he would have failed.

Top six would've been a whole load better than top sixteen.  

He did have us just outside the top two til his defence got injured on mass.  Couldn't have been too bad.

As he showed at Boro, it's the year after when things were going to click.

Anyway, that ship has sailed, we need a similar type in.  Somebody who hasn't had ten jobs with middling results and knows how to get out of the division.

• Upvote 1