Sign in to follow this  
Ricknffc

Forest v sheff wed

1 minute ago, Ricknffc said:

Stelle wasn't to blame for any of it apart from being caught out with the first which we are all scratching our heads at.

The exact moment it all fell to pieces.

Just walking out the ground now. The only players that can day they put in a shift were Steele ( made 2 savers in the first half) one of which was world class with a solid left hand that pantillimon wouldn't have even seen. Sam Byram had a solid 2nd debut. Lolley tried with endeavour to run at them whenever he could and cash put effort in but had no end product at all. And colback put a shift in and was up to his niggly old self in the middle winning the ball and always dropping deep wanting it. I will get onto the rest in a minute just want to see what Chaz said..

Terrible. 9 out of 11 players are not playing for mon and maybe Keane bully boy tactics are a reason to? 

Fuck knows but these clowns cannot be in charge next season. 

OUT

The rest were wank, no meaningful passes put together, grabban looked shot of any kind of technique, ability. The bit where Lolley megged a player then cut out a through ball which fell to grabban leaving him and Lolley 2 on 1 and grabban decided to go on as own and completely drag the shot, like he always fucking does he opted to side foot it. I've never seen that cunt hit the ball with his laces!! 2nd goal for them lumped up to Lucas João who was a handful all night for us headed it down and guess who nothing wrong with George Boyd's eyesight as to be fair to him hit a nice shot across goal. The 3rr again defence were sleeping and Steele tried his best to react got a good hand to it but empty net for the striker.

O'Neill didn't react to any of the goals go in and took off appiah who to be fair had a decent 60 mins and out on Pele??? Colback and grabban off an Murphy and ansarifard on. Our strikers tonight I can honestly say didn't put a fucking thing right or show any kind of ability. Murphy was playing on the touchline when he came on and ansarifard didn't get a touch I don't think and even if he did he did fuck all with it. Went down without a trace and were just getting picked off. I'm glad our season ends now. We would have got raped in the play offs and even more so in the prem. Laughable to think our squad was in a position of maybe making play offs

First half was rarely even but Wednesday should have been ahead. 2nd half pfff, I'm guessing Martin will dress it up as ' if grabban took his chance at 0-0 it would have been a different game' well no martin all fairness Wednesday on another day could have had 2 had Steele not got to them.

Surely he cannot stay beyond this season.. 

If I was one of the 12000 or so who have renewed I’d be worried.. I’m not renewing well not at present anyway. 

Ive got a ticket to Sheffield United away next week.. they’ll run all over us..

Edited by Ian

As I always try to do I try and reflect and have a positive approach once I've calmed down. O'Neil speaks about the brittle mentality that he will change. Is o'neil possibly trying to do this before he even touched actually football and tactics? Is he trying in one way or another to create some kind of environment, culture or mentality at the club in a way that Clough did. By this I mean creating and seeking individuals that want to play for the shirt and will have a backbone and character to believe at all costs. Granted that's not what we have at the moment. Maybe he has seen in the likes of carvalho someone who is just here for a job, maybe carvalhos agent is telling him he can get him a better gig elsewhere? And that's why O'Neil isn't putting him in?

Only off hearing and watching documentaries etc do I have any knowledge about Clough. But to my understanding Clough taught the players a mentality of which they had a set of tools to use, how they used them was up to them, but they knew that Clough had faith in them and trusted them. After all he took a group of no hopers and rejects and turned them into European champions. There was no intricate tactics, it was just get the ball down and play football. There were no dossiers on opponents and tactics down to the very minor details. Get the ball to Robertson was as detailed as it got. But Clough got a group of men to believe and fight for one another. Is that what his initial building blocks are? I don't think the priority was going up this season, I don't think it ever was and I'm glad we haven't cos I think everyone at the club has realised we are not good enough and ready for that yet.

I'm not for one second saying O'Neil is the Clough reborn but surely he must have some fundamentals from his time with Clough and know what basics are needed for a successful side. I know people say he is dated and out of touch with the game but I think he is clever enough to realise the old foundations that are still relevant today and implement them aswell as the modern side to the game. O'Neil has had teams that have played lovely football in the past, he was part of a side that played lovely football under Clough, I'm sure thats what he wants of his forest side. Maybe we aren't even in a position to implement that at the moment, mentally and physically?? Maybe that will come in time in the long term planning? Very frustrating and not picking up points combined with very shoddy performances makes it almost unbearable. Since O'Neill has come in the victories we have had have either flattered us ( Wigan, hull) or were quite undeserved ( Swansea) and on the whole we have been a poor side that looks like bottom half at best.

I can see why people aren't convinced by O'Neil and i think it takes a degree of foresight and a lot of understanding to try and even contemplate why he might be a good choice. My personal opinion is I don't know if getting rid would be for the best at the moment. Others are scared a summer with him making new additions would not benefit the club, I think I would disagree on this and I think Martin would benefit from a summer pre season and I think hopefully having worked on some important things over the summer and some decent additions ( I know we haven't had much luck in that department) hopefully he can start to put something together. I guess I'm hoping Clough took a bit of time to get the best and better out of some average players to make them a quality team and I'm hoping O'Neil can do something along the same lines.

What I'm a little concerned over is Martin didn't seem to respond to the first goals going in tonight to give us another plan to go at. Fair enough after first 1, still in the game if u keep tight and get back on it but the 2nd went in, then the 3rd and there was no real change in anything even with the subs. I can't seem to highlight 1 thing we do 'well' it seems our only hope at the moment is cash and Lolley running through/ between 3 or 4 players and hoping to get a shot away. How many times does this lead to a goal, very little, where are the through balls? where is a striker playing on the last shoulder? Where are decent whipped balls into the box from wingers and full backs? Where are neat little triangles around the edge of the box?

4 hours ago, Redman said:

Funny thing is, I actually don't care

Not hurting, not bothered, not even really pissed off

I'm the same. Just sick of it. Didn't even watch it.:thumbsdown_anim:

10 hours ago, Redman said:

Funny thing is, I actually don't care

Not hurting, not bothered, not even really pissed off

This is where I am. I was offered a free ticket and free travel to the Blackburn game and I just can't be bothered now. To be honest I lost that loving feeling when we parted with Karanka mid-season and nothing MON has produced has brought it back.

I'll see you chaps in August. :(  Or on the general forum 😀

Crikey. Been reading the Evening Post comments, and I don't think I've ever seen such a clamour to be rid of a manager after just 14 games.

His time here has to be up now. He's clueless.

9 hours ago, brooksy said:

Terrible. 9 out of 11 players are not playing for mon and maybe Keane bully boy tactics are a reason to? 

Fuck knows but these clowns cannot be in charge next season. 

OUT

We have no idea how Keane behaves towards the players on a day to day basis but if the soft fuckers can't handle a kick up the arse after 10 away wins in 3 seasons then off they can fuck! 

I hate modern football and the attitude of players who never give anywhere near 100% for a club, down tools when their massive egos are bruised and are paid millions to behave like utter bellends. Everything is about the short-term, money and is the fault of the ref. Anybody else remember when football was a sport? 

• Like 1

I left after the third goal went in. At that point I’d had enough of the entire season. 

The starting 11 looked decent but throwing in that many changes made O’Neill look desperate. We never gelled and barring one or two flourishes, largely from Lolley’s own endeavour, we rarely threatened. 

Regardless of what happens hereon in surely O’Neill won’t be here next season. He’s shown that he doesn’t have what it takes anymore and I fear if he’s given a transfer window he’ll just clog the squad up with dull, uninspiring players. 

He’s had a very good managerial career but football has passed him by I’m afraid. It’s over for MON.

Brian Clough's first 18 league games in the 74-75 season brought 3 wins, 9 draws and 6 defeats. Thank fuck there was no social media back then!!! 

Including the FA cup, he won his first 2 then went 15 games without a win. The witch hunt on here would have been at fever pitch. 😆😆😆

Edited by A new man

1 hour ago, A new man said:

Brian Clough's first 18 league games in the 74-75 season brought 3 wins, 9 draws and 6 defeats. Thank fuck there was no social media back then!!! 

Including the FA cup, he won his first 2 then went 15 games without a win. The witch hunt on here would have been at fever pitch. 😆😆😆

Clough was no Billy Walker... OUT!