E R

Rotherham v Forest

You would hope that MON goes with Carvalho for this and we put them to the sword but if he sticks with a defensive midfield 3 again I can see  a 1-1 

anything but a win here and we are well out of it. 

expect us to make hard work of it but win 3-1 

1 minute ago, Ricknffc said:

This is exactly the kind of game we lose

Yes, it's an away game

Surprisingly, Rotherham have lost only 5 home games this season.........the same amount as us. Their most recent home defeats have been Norwich 1-2, Leeds 1-2, Brentford 2-4.

They'll be hurting after the Sheep put 6 past them. This won't be as easy as some might think.

I'm not going to hazard a guess at a scoreline, much depends if the penny has dropped with MON that you need to play your best players. We can't depend on set pieces for a goal.

The score is equally as likely to be 2-1 Rotherham or 2-1 Forest.

2-0 Rotherham

Would be content in losing the rest of our games if it resulted in the sacking of O'Neill. I don't want to see him take charge of a transfer window!

On 4/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, Caz said:

2-0 Rotherham

Would be content in losing the rest of our games if it resulted in the sacking of O'Neill. I don't want to see him take charge of a transfer window!

I would rather we win the rest of our games this season, then we'd go up... Ive never not wanted us to win a game

What's with the animosity towards O'Neill? Something to do with him being Irish /Catholic / Protestant / some other shit us English don't care about? 

On 4/4/2019 at 8:14 AM, Daz said:

I would rather we win the rest of our games this season, then we'd go up... Ive never not wanted us to win a game

What's with the animosity towards O'Neill? Something to do with him being Irish /Catholic / Protestant / some other shit us English don't care about? 

Probably more to do with the fact his tactics and policies seem to be very dated and out of touch with the modern game. We have a player in which we paid £13m for who was by far the stand out player in games we controlled earlier in the season who can't even get a minute on the pitch, that in its self is stubborn at best. 

I for one like to give managers time and I personally would never of pushed Karanka away in the way we did, but MON isn't the right man for the job IMO. 

7 hours ago, darcy said:

Probably more to do with the fact his tactics and policies seem to be very dated and out of touch with the modern game. We have a player in which we paid £13m for who was by far the stand out player in games we controlled earlier in the season who can't even get a minute on the pitch, that in its self is stubborn at best. 

I for one like to give managers time and I personally would never of pushed Karanka away in the way we did, but MON isn't the right man for the job IMO. 

Saved me the hassle of typing that out.

Right now, I fear O'Neill is putting together a list of grafters to recruit in the summer. Players that will play his way. Experienced, loyal and hardworking players that are good behind the ball but offer very little going forward. If he is allowed a summer window, it'll take a long time to recover from. We already have enough dross already.

And Daz, politics and football don't mix. Think before you type, pal. 

The way some folk go on about Carvalho you'd think he was Messi. He's a very talented player who has shown glimpses of class but that's it. He can change a game but he often goes missing like the rest of them.

7 minutes ago, nottmred said:

The way some folk go on about Carvalho you'd think he was Messi. He's a very talented player who has shown glimpses of class but that's it. He can change a game but he often goes missing like the rest of them.

It's more his position, he offers a link between the midfield and attack which would be a better option than having a load of midfielders playing 40 metres behind the striker, hoofing it to him and then complaining that the striker is having a crap game.  

2 hours ago, Caz said:

Saved me the hassle of typing that out.

Right now, I fear O'Neill is putting together a list of grafters to recruit in the summer. Players that will play his way. Experienced, loyal and hardworking players that are good behind the ball but offer very little going forward. If he is allowed a summer window, it'll take a long time to recover from. We already have enough dross already.

Exactly Caz.

He could well takes us back to the dark days of Megson. and the likes of Nicky Eaden, Padula, Pederson. Cullip, Dadi,Gary Holt, Curtis, Frio, Dobie etc.

Fuck me, they took some getting rid of.

Whatever you think about Carvalho he is better than Watson and Yates and without him in the team we only have Lolley who is capable of changing a game 

2 hours ago, nottmred said:

He can’t change a game from the bench.. 

The guy needs minutes on the pitch next season he would have been better but he’ll ptobanly be six months behind now if O’Neill isn’t allowed to sell him for James McLean etc 

Carvalho is a victim of his price tag, he can't help what we paid for him.

It's clear he's a good footballer regardless and him playing off the striker is surely preferable to everyone than a midfield of three scrapping midfielders with no creativity between them.  

Carvalho's season pretty much mirrors that of Barry McKay the previous season. Started well, showed glimpses of brilliance, too lightweight, drifted in and out of games and a change of manager half way through the season saw them both frozen out. The major difference was their price tags. 

Will we ever get a Vetter chance to string back to back victories together? We really could apply some pressure to the teams immediately above us and the teams with a game in hand with what should be a win here. With a few results going our way who knows.