Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EveT1991

Will we go up

Do you think we will go up   

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Will we go up?

    • Yes hopefully if not this season hopefully next season
    • No not this season but maybe next season but not getting my hopes up


Recommended Posts

To get promoted generally you need to be able to win back to back games. So no. 

Edited by Savo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose from those two limited options I'll go for the second one but I don't think we'll go up this season or next. I imagine we'll sign a ridiculous number of random players over the summer, sell a load more, go into next year with an entirely new yet still over-sized squad, be doing alright comsidering we're basically a bit of shambles, then the manager will leave, a new one will come in and we'll we'll do the same thing all over again. Then we'll do that again the next year. And the next. And the next......

We need to forget about making a desperate unprepared lunge at promotion every season then ripping it all up and starting again a few months later and just focus on making steady sensible progress.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a third option of fucking no chance the way the club is ran.  And by that I mean the constant turnaround of playing staff.

If ran a business like that you wouldn't have one after about 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance this season but every chance next. You'd imagine there will be significant investment again in the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

Anyone tried this? 

I have Villa (76) and Boro (75) in the playoffs. 

Forest 8th with 70 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 2:54 PM, GupiRed2 said:

No chance this season but every chance next. You'd imagine there will be significant investment again in the summer.

Depends who the manager is Gupster.

I still don't think MON has a clue what his best XI is, and I dread to think what he'll bring in during the next window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O'Neill can not be given a transfer window, it would take years to recover from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dane B said:

Depends who the manager is Gupster.

I still don't think MON has a clue what his best XI is, and I dread to think what he'll bring in during the next window.

MON in his interview admitted the team are miles away from where he wants them to be and that he would like to have them playing like your Brentfords and Swanseas. He has come in half way through Jan and needed to get to know the team fast and get results fast. He's got a 41% win record which should really be 58% had we not been robbed by officials at WBA and Preston.

Part of me hopes with a full pre season and starting the season on a level playing field rather than chasing the play off pack he may implement a better style of football, but that might just be me being optimistic. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GupiRed2 said:

MON in his interview admitted the team are miles away from where he wants them to be and that he would like to have them playing like your Brentfords and Swanseas. He has come in half way through Jan and needed to get to know the team fast and get results fast. He's got a 41% win record which should really be 58% had we not been robbed by officials at WBA and Preston.

Part of me hopes with a full pre season and starting the season on a level playing field rather than chasing the play off pack he may implement a better style of football, but that might just be me being optimistic. 

If he wants us to play like Brentford and Swansea, why don't we? He makes absolutely no effort to put a team out to play passing, moving, penetrating football. 

We don't play like that for one simple reason, it's not MON's game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been playing a passing game all season.  The players are able to do it.  We were losing points to soft goals but we've got a couple of no nonsense centre halves now.  

If we played Carvalho over Yates, Yacob in the holding role and stopped shoe horning Osborn into the team when there are better options we'd be able to play much better football.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 6:10 PM, Charlie Cheswick said:

We've been playing a passing game all season.  The players are able to do it.  We were losing points to soft goals but we've got a couple of no nonsense centre halves now.  

If we played Carvalho over Yates, Yacob in the holding role and stopped shoe horning Osborn into the team when there are better options we'd be able to play much better football.  

I like Yates. I like Osborn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 2:13 PM, Caz said:

O'Neill can not be given a transfer window, it would take years to recover from. 

MON needs a transfer window. Give MON at least until Christmas. I bet you would like to be proved wrong about Martin O'Neill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.