E R

Forest v Villa

Preston, villa, Bristol city and Derby all above us fighting for 6th place. 

Any slight hope from the 3-0 win last weekend was shot last night. 

I think villa will take 4/5th with boro taking 6th 

I'm not blaming the current manager(s)

We just have a bang average squad - simple as that. Recruitment has been shite for years and we seem to have so many more injuries than anyone else

Look at the players that we've signed, there's only a few that stand out for me who are half decent

Grabban, Soudani (when fit), Carvalho, Robinson, Dawson and Figuerdo all ok

Others just haven't been good enough

We struggle to actually put a half decent ball in the box, usually tends to be Darikwa delivering from the right and he tends to be very good at hitting the first man (of the opposition)

We have a massive squad (again) and are still way off the likes of Villa, Leeds, WBA, Norwich in terms of quality of squad. We are punching above our weight

It's not hard to work out why we are in this situation - new manager comes in, new manager brings in his players to an already billowing squad, manager gets sacked - repeat

I seem to say it every year - mass clear out needed, rip it up and start again from the bottom up

We're trying to build a house on top of the house we fucked up last year which was already built on dodgy foundations -every season this happens. Tear the fucking thing down and start again

Pantilimon, Darikwa, Janko, Osborn, Yacob, Watson, Dawson, Karim, Guediora, Briductt, Murphy - all not up to it

Too soon to comment on the new boys but I'm going to suggest probably only one or two of them are half decent

9 minutes ago, Redman said:

We just have a bang average squad - simple as that. Recruitment has been shite for years and we seem to have so many more injuries than anyone else

Look at the players that we've signed, there's only a few that stand out for me who are half decent

We struggle to actually put a half decent ball in the box, usually tends to be Darikwa delivering from the right and he tends to be very good at hitting the first man (of the opposition)

We have a massive squad (again) and are still way off the likes of Villa, Leeds, WBA, Norwich in terms of quality of squad. We are punching above our weight

It's not hard to work out why we are in this situation - new manager comes in, new manager brings in his players to an already billowing squad, manager gets sacked - repeat

I seem to say it every year - mass clear out needed, rip it up and start again from the bottom up

We're trying to build a house on top of the house we fucked up last year which was already built on dodgy foundations -every season this happens. Tear the fucking thing down and start again

Pantilimon, Darikwa, Janko, Osborn, Yacob, Watson, Dawson, Karim, Guediora, Briductt, Murphy - all not up to it

Too soon to comment on the new boys but I'm going to suggest probably only one or two of them are half decent

I'd keep Pep

14 minutes ago, Redman said:

I think Yacob is a good player at this level, did well under Karanka but not given a chance under O’Neill.. strange decision 

30 minutes ago, Ian said:

I think Yacob is a good player at this level, did well under Karanka but not given a chance under O’Neill.. strange decision 

Maybe so but we have him, Yates, Bridcutt, Watson, Gueddy, Colback and Pele - all central midfielders

Would any of them get into the current Leeds team?

2 hours ago, Redman said:

Maybe so but we have him, Yates, Bridcutt, Watson, Gueddy, Colback and Pele - all central midfielders

Would any of them get into the current Leeds team?

Colback is as good as anyone in the division for me.  Hope he's the first player we try to sign in the Summer.  To be competitive we need him, two very good attacking full backs, another winger and another striker - all need to be better than what we have. 

We could lose a few players, defenders and midfielders especially but I don't think most of our squad is too bad, we just haven't got enough players who bring you up to a better level.

I think the goalkeeper is OK, for every clanger he's dropped, he's kept is in three games single handed.  He gets a rough deal from our fans.

Yacob is a strange one. Yates kept getting caught out positionally last night, the second goal started because we were being overloaded on the right. I'd like to see Yacob back in alongside Colback.