E R

Forest v Villa

Trying to take any positives is that we have what you would think are winnable fixtures on the horizon. I think most of the teams above us have to play each other

You know what they could go up - late challenge for the play offs and have very good squad who are all fit 

2 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Murphy didn't touch the ball with his feet. Villa better squad, better first 11 better team. Let's not kid ourselves there keeper didn't have a fucking save to make. Pantillimon just can't save anything fucking simple

To be fair to the keeper, without him it would have been much worse as usual. 

Just now, E R said:

You know what they could go up - late challenge for the play offs and have very good squad who are all fit 

I reckon so too. Worth a few quid for sure.

1 minute ago, nottmred said:

Looking more and more unlikely but still not out of it. Crazy league.

No disrespect mate but if you just saw the game surely you must know that is silly talk 

Looking forward to see how we are next season after O’Neill has had a pre season with them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, E R said:

No disrespect mate but if you just saw the game surely you must know that is silly talk 

Well we are only three points off. As I said it’s unlikely but anything can happen. We win on Saturday and results go our way then who knows? Our problem is putting a run together.

1 minute ago, nottmred said:

Looking forward to see how we are next season after O’Neill has had a pre season with them.

We say that every year with - insert your own manager.

That was crap. Worse I've seen since Wigan game. No fucker wanted it tonight. 

Mike dean - what a whopper he had. But, we didn't deserve anything out of that and playoffs.. even if we sneak it we will get battered. Villa are miles ahead of us 

Fucking rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

For those watching at home, was Mike Dean as wank as he appeared to be?

Every bit as much.

OK, not the result or performance we wanted, but Villa have spent a lot of money (1m loan fee for Mings etc) and have had more time to develop as a team under their new manager. 

We're evidently not ready for promotion. We need more attacking options. Better full backs. The ability to string a few wins together and more points on the road... Not much to ask for, is it... 

Edited by Daz
  • Upvote 1

Just got back. Outclassed.  Simple as that. They were clinical when they needed to be. Defended well and we looked lost on the second half. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say fair play. 

• Upvote 1

Villa had Mike Dean sussed from the beginning, they knew they could con him by going down at any given chance and he would blow up. I'm surprised the cunt didn't run all the way around the ground with his arms in the air when they scored their winner. 

Murphy should have started. That one makes no sense at all to me. Unless the manager was influenced by our thick supporters taking the piss out of DM when he subbed during the last game. 

Just what do people see in Martin O’Neill the manager..

Didn’t he notice the acres of space on the Forest right for 90 mins while Lolley has no space on the left while our right hand sided “midfielder” Yates spent as much time on the Forest right midfield as I have this season.. 

I wish I wasn’t going to Ipswich now but at least I can get canned up before watching his awful football. 

Please get rid of him in the summer I couldn’t take a full season of this.. 

Although credit where it’s due I thought Villa were the best side I’ve seen away from home this year and again I thought up there what I’ve seen at home. Not sure how they aren’t higher.. 

Edited by Ian

MON has put all of his eggs in one Lolley basket. Close Lolley out of the game and we are totally ineffective. We offer absolutely nothing when he is marked out of the game.

MON really is an awful manager. I just hope he isn't here in August. It's OK EM getting the feel good factor announcing stadium expansion, but it's on the pitch where he'll be judged.

Let's forget play off talk now eh lads. Villa, Preston, and even Wednesday, are playing much better football than we are. It's over for this season.

That Iranian striker is shite.....we only ever look good when we have a clinical striker. Reckon despite Grabban's protestations there's an attitude there.

For all the clamour about Carvalho not featuring much under O’Neill he was shite last night. Ansifarid showed why that was his first start. Hopefully he won’t have any more. Pele looked like a completely different player than the one who impressed so much against Hull. I feel last night was probably more indicative of his true level. Yates looks more limited with each time I see him. He’s steady but I doubt he’ll be anything special.

No-one really came out with any credit to be fair but Pantillimon was bilge again. I reckon a decent goalkeeper stops all three of their goals. That’s not to say all three were his fault but he could’ve done better with all of them. 

Mike Dean was a bellend which was to be expected. Luckily both Bristol and Derby drew so we didn’t lose much ground on the top 6 but we can’t afford any more performances like last night. For what it’s worth, I can’t see us making the top 6 and I expect O’Neill to be replaced in the summer. 

40 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yates looks more limited with each time I see him.  

Yet he's a regular starter under MON. I don't think Yacob has been on the pitch since MON has been here.

3 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Yet he's a regular starter under MON. I don't think Yacob has been on the pitch since MON has been here.

I think Yacob started O’Neill’s first match but aside from that he’s not featured. It’s an odd one as he was always one of our better performers when he played and he’s a cut above Yates. 

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think Yacob started O’Neill’s first match but aside from that he’s not featured. It’s an odd one as he was always one of our better performers when he played and he’s a cut above Yates. 

Just checked, and he came on as sub against WBA, Danny.

I just fear that MON and Keane are going to take this club backwards. Totally outplayed last night, and neither of them had a clue how to combat it.

Next season won't be much fun with those two in charge.

I'm not going to blame any player for playing badly last night 'cause we were set up wrong.  If you allow Villa time on the ball they'll murder you.  We let them play all night at their own tempo, no proper pressing at all.  It might work to sit back and counter attack some teams but that game plan won't work against everyone. 

Added to that, hoofing might work if you've got Murphy up front but it won't if your striker has probably never played in a team set up that way.  All round we need other attacking options to hoof it to the striker/give it to Lolley. 

If people thought we were one dimensional under Karanka it's nothing compared to now.