Sign in to follow this  
E R

Stoke v Forest

Fucking awful today - no decent attacks and no creative play in the middle with Yates, Colback and the once again awful Watson not having a clue to come up with something 

we got what we deserved - beat 

Fuck Osborn and Murphy off out of this team and we will be in much better shape 

I really don't know what to say about it, I'm dumbfounded. Even though it was only 2-0 it is probably one of the most frustrating performances I have ever watched!! What did we actually do in that game?? Fuck all, absolutely nothing. Stoke were very average and we just were.. nothing, didn't turn up or do anything. The amount of times Osborn, carvalho and a few others were dribbling the ball and just gave it up to the other team was astonishing, they weren't even tackled the other team just took it off them. I can't think back to a single thing we did in that game, it's almost like there wasn't a fixture.

I don't know how I would physically be able to walk off the pitch knowing that I've literally done fuck all to contribute to that performance, they all just ran around. Lolley was the only one that started to do anything but anything he did led to fuck all, hounded out by about 3 players, he ended up just trying to run past the whole side cos it was clear no one was contributing anything today. Really really poor no team deserves to get in the play offs with a performance like that in the season, it's not even like Stoke stopped us from playing. Again like I say we just did fuck all

On 2/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, Ricknffc said:

O'Neill is quickly showing that he is not a football dinosaur and that actually he is very clever in how he organises the team for each game.

Changed your mind yet Rick?

51 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Lolley just beat three players and not one single one of the cunts managed to put themselves in a position where he could pass to them in that time.  Infuriating.

4 PLAYERS AROUND HIM BUT NO SPACE FOR THE OTHER FOREST PLAYERS...

1 minute ago, mrcunny said:

4 PLAYERS AROUND HIM BUT NO SPACE FOR THE OTHER FOREST PLAYERS...

Exactly!

Lolley had three players marking him most of the game but the others still couldn't find any space. 

Take Osborn, when he got left out for ages he came on and battered Leeds' defence.  Since then I can't remember him beating his man, what's wrong with him?  If you play as a wide midfielder or winger you've got to have enough about you to at least be able to beat one player, not just pass it backwards every time an opponent comes near you. 

Other special shit mentions go to Murphy and Yates. 

You can take players trying and failing but none of those three tried to do a single thing all game.  Lolley must have put five or six great crosses in and nobody was ever anywhere near them, after that no fucker was anywhere near the loose ball from the cross. 

Murphy didn't have the best of games after the performances he's put in recently.

Osborn continues to frustrate by trying the same one or two crap moves, either losing the ball or pushing it out for a throw. 

Yates did very little. 

Watson needs another spell on the sidelines. 

To be honest, we're punching above our weight and don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs. 

Edited by Caz

35 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Changed your mind yet Rick?

No not changed my mind no, I think he will come good. Bad performance today from.the players. They didn't show up

Pretty laughable that we can't win 2 games back to back. Just out of curiosity does anyone know when we last had a decent winning run of like 5 on the bounce?

22 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

No not changed my mind no, I think he will come good. Bad performance today from.the players. They didn't show up

I just hope Marinakis has seen enough to not have MON there next August.

Displays like today's and Brum away, will turn us into relegation candidates next season.

I love the bloke, will always have respect for what he did for us as a player, but as our manager? No thank you..

The only saving grace today is that plenty of teams around us also fucked up. Thing is Sheffield we'd who are 3 points behind us are in 14th ( without counting goal difference). The team that puts a run together will get the play offs. Means we will have to actually put a run together which we haven't done for... Years..

4 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

The only saving grace today is that plenty of teams around us also fucked up. Thing is Sheffield we'd who are 3 points behind us are in 14th ( without counting goal difference). The team that puts a run together will get the play offs. Means we will have to actually put a run together which we haven't done for... Years..

You still clinging to hopes of a top 6 Rick?

No not really. I said start of season top 10 would be a good finish and to be in the mix of top 6 would be very good. It would just be nice to have a run of winning games. Having our top scorer out could be the difference, add to that ( and I know nothing will change so it's pointless going over) but the extra 6 points would be very useful right now

If we don't get back to winning ways next weekend then I will think it's over for this year cos I can't see all the teams slipping up again

25 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Pretty laughable that we can't win 2 games back to back. Just out of curiosity does anyone know when we last had a decent winning run of like 5 on the bounce?

Probably in Pearce's first couple of months here.

46 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Probably in Pearce's first couple of months here.

February 2015 under Dougie, with 5 wins and 1 draw (WWDWWW)

• Upvote 1

We’ve seen this inconsistency under several managers now, but today’s performance was about as bad as any this season. Really frustrating as we seemed to have a decent chance of bettering ourselves in the table today. Can’t wait for this season to end...

12 hours ago, Caz said:

February 2015 under Dougie, with 5 wins and 1 draw (WWDWWW)

Looking back I reckon Dougie did a decent job in very difficult circumstances.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Danish Red said:

We’ve seen this inconsistency under several managers now, but today’s performance was about as bad as any this season. Really frustrating as we seemed to have a decent chance of bettering ourselves in the table today. Can’t wait for this season to end...

Oddly, I didnt seen to feel anything after the result came in, normally I feel gutted after we lose a game but I just shrugged my shoulders and got on with my day. I think I'm with you on just wanting to season to end now. 

We're very short in the attacking third, maybe we're unlucky that we have a few injuries but still might have expected better.

Murphy has his good games but maybe too old to expect 90 minutes every week. 

Osborn is the type of player we need to move on this summer if we're serious about promotion. Has his moments but on the whole underwhelming.

The January transfers (other than the two CBs) have had little impact I see. Has Pele even played a minute yet? Bonatini looks like a passenger. 

17 hours ago, nottmred said:

Looking back I reckon Dougie did a decent job in very difficult circumstances.

Maybe, but his boring brand of negative football put me off watching football altogether for a while.