nottmred

City Ground to be re-developed

It is good news but it is a shame they are not filling the gaps in at the side of the Trent end 

29 minutes ago, E R said:

It is good news but it is a shame they are not filling the gaps in at the side of the Trent end 

Doesn't that affect the pitch? I'm sure i heard it mentioned before. 

Pleased that we’re staying where we are. Just shows all the nonsense peddled by previous regimes about having to relocate was bollocks. 

Had goosebumps watching the video (and maybe a watering of the eyes) just brilliant - Proud to be a Forest fan. 

Extremely delighted. Agree maybe connecting the Peter Taylor and Trent end would look very nice and give more seats but it is an iconic look on the bridge of the Trent looking in seeing the Brian Clough stand and the flood lights shining which you would not have ( small thing I know) also like David said maybe there are some geographical factors to do with wind in the stadium etc and maybe something to do with the pitch. Either way it looks like a very good proposal to me

And another tick for the owners ' this is our home and we will stay here forever' I wonder if this has been announced at this time to give our players and management team a bit of a boost?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

And another tick for the owners ' this is our home and we will stay here forever' I wonder if this has been announced at this time to give our players and management team a bit of a boost?

Why would it give them a boost.. 75% of them will be gone by summer 2020 when work starts........

Edited by Ian

3 hours ago, E R said:

You can't Jamie. Take away the massive supports at either side and the roof will collapse. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Why would it give them a boost.. 75% of them will be gone by summer 2020 when work starts........

It just emphasises the feel good factor. And again further promotes us as a club that people want to be at. It's a good statement of intent. Granted yes when it's complete it will be a few years but it just reinforces that we are an ambitious club and hopefully that transfers to the players on the pitch

What are the lines that are going from the roof of the stand down to the upper tier of the Peter Taylor stand? Are they supports?? It also looks like there is glass between them? What is that?? 

Edited by Ricknffc

If it looks anything like the design it will be awesome. The peter Taylor stand/car park has looked shite for 30 plus years. 

The owner certainly isn't going anywhere. 

Need a team that could actually fill it. All well and good having a great spanking new stand packed out then having nobody in the Upper Brian Clough. 

I'm all for the regeneration of the stand and the area as its in dire need of it but no point having 38k seats playing gash second tier football in front of 22k.

18 minutes ago, Savo said:

Need a team that could actually fill it. All well and good having a great spanking new stand packed out then having nobody in the Upper Brian Clough. 

I'm all for the regeneration of the stand and the area as its in dire need of it but no point having 38k seats playing gash second tier football in front of 22k.

I tend to decide if I'm going to go to a game on the day.  Loads of times of late there haven't been any tickets available.

23 minutes ago, Savo said:

Fuck me Savo only you could spin a negative on this terrific news .  We've been saying for years that the old gal needed dramatic improvements and at long last we're getting them .. The project will create massively improved facilities and hundreds of jobs for Nottingham people . What's not to like ?.  You need to cheer up you miserable fooker !!!!

PS : A figure of £50mn  has been mentioned , now I'm not an architect or builder but I'd estimate a figure 3 to 4 times that size for a project of that magnitude !!!

Incredible stuff! Really nice to see an owner investing in the ground - a clear sign of long-term ambition and not, like Doughty, a cynical ploy to detract from the fact we were about to spend a further year in League One.

This news only gives a lie to the Doughty mantra that it was not viable / possible to increase our capacity at NG2 by redeveloping the main stand . Seems as though Maranakis has found both the will and the way!.

30 minutes ago, colin said:

This news only gives a lie to the Doughty mantra that it was not viable / possible to increase our capacity at NG2 by redeveloping the main stand . Seems as though Maranakis has found both the will and the way!.

From recollection Colin, the initial plan early 2000's to extend and redevelop the City Ground was blocked when the Club enquired about purchasing the land adjacent from the Nottingham Rowing Club. The Rowing club wouldn't sell the land, and also had to contend with complications with (Rushcliffe?) Council.   

1 hour ago, nemesiz said:

From recollection Colin, the initial plan early 2000's to extend and redevelop the City Ground was blocked when the Club enquired about purchasing the land adjacent from the Nottingham Rowing Club. The Rowing club wouldn't sell the land, and also had to contend with complications with (Rushcliffe?) Council.   

I'm sure that the Nottingham Rowing Club could have been persuaded to move if Doughty had made them an attractive offer .  As for the council I believe I'm correct thinking that Doughty reneged on payments for the Trent End loan  so no wonder there wasn't a reservoir of good will !!!

It's a funny one, this is. I am sure the ground is owned by Nottingham City Council, yet it is located in Rushcliffe, and so Rushcliffe Borough Council will have a say in any redevelopment, land purchase, or flattening of the rowing club buildings.

Also, the picture of the new stand is very deceptive. I reckon the new stand would extend so far that the first 3 buildings before the Trent End would have to be demolished.

It also looks like the upper tier of the Bridgford End is levelled out in that photo. That would be a good thing as it looks fucking stupid as it is. I've never liked the look of that stand.