Sign in to follow this  
E R

Preston v Forest

31 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Now I've watched it back I can catagorically say we have been bummed by the ref again!!! Goal should stand. The Preston keeper even looks up to see the ball has landed at Lilley's feet with an open net so clutches his head

Totally agree Rick . The Preston keeper conned the ref good and proper .. Even Preston fans say it was a joke ..

2 game ban for successfully deceiving a match official for their keeper? Ha joking aside though, we've been stitched up good and proper again. It isn't a foul and even if contact was made Yates is well within his right to challenge for that. It's a combination between Yates and their defender. Yates contact is minimal if anything. He sees Lolley is going to tap it in so clutches his head. Conspiracy against forest here

The keeper got battered by his own defender, as did Yates.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just being biased but we don't seem to get the rub of the green too often when it comes to decisions.

3 hours ago, E R said:

I must say I hold my hands up in the two centre halves as they have both done well and are a big improvemnt on the crap we had although how Benalooney never got booked today is beyond me with them tackles from behind 

😆😆 Benalooney 😆😆

We haven't had a proper nutter in the team for ages. I think he's quickly becoming my favourite player. 

Funny how quickly things change. Even though the guys in defence are not amazing they have made us much better at the back. Now Leeds, WBA and Preston have taken 6 points off us through bad calls from the refs I reckon this is not our season. To be far we lost easy points against mill wall at home and countless others. We have turned ourselves from a shit team last season into a solid top half team in a season. Next season we need consistency and we might be in with a shout. Lewis Grabban has been awesome this season but still feel we need fresher legs up front next season to stand the full season.

8 hours ago, A new man said:

😆😆 Benalooney 😆😆

We haven't had a proper nutter in the team for ages. I think he's quickly becoming my favourite player. 

Walking behind the net applauding the fans and giving his shirt away will also help him with that.

Never known a season like it to be honest. Leeds handball, Norwich injury time, West Brom dive, Preston dissalowed goal. I didn't think we would make the play offs this season but thats a lot of points out of our control dropped due to inept refs. Sick of it and have to feel for the management team and players. 

Just need to pick ourselves up and go again, on a positive though, MON and Keano have got us looking pretty solid.

That’s it ... solid. Reckon we will do a Burnley next year. Win games just by being physically better and tight at the back. Nothing great to watch. 

Carvalho will probably be shipped out to Olympiacos in the summer 

Add to that the debateble red card for figgy against Aston villa and we may have held onto 3 points there

Edited by Ricknffc

Those 6 points would have us in the playoffs so any TV pundit saying decisions even themselves out over a season is talking shit - unless we get 3 match-winning undeserved penalties between now & May.

Edited by durham red

It doesn't look like it's meant to be for this season fellas. In reality though we aren't exactly ready to take on the premier League are we? Before the season started I thought a top 10 finish would be a relatively good season. I think we may finish top 8. O'Neill and keane get the summer to shuffle a few things around and I think we are in a better position to go again next season. I just hope all the FFP is being taken care of.

3 minutes ago, durham red said:

Those 6 points would have us in the playoffs so any TV pundit saying decisions even themselves out over a season is talking shit - unless we get 3 match-winning undeserved penalties between now & May.

Yeah it's just a way of saying try and forget about it an move on, course they don't even themselves out we have been stitched up like a kipper this season fact, and I know there were people especially after the Leeds away game saying ' well if you give them the possession and time on the ball then you can't be surprised when things like this happen' no. We had a game plan at Leeds to let them have the ball in safe areas which we did very well and we got done by cheating. I actually thought yesterday that because elf the hype around the game on Tuesday that the ref might think if there is a 50/50 call I will give it forest because they got done so badly against West Bromwich (which they obviously shouldn't do) but that ref was fucking relentless against us yesterday. He twisted the knife that was already stuck in us and poured salt on the wound for good measure.

4 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Yeah it's just a way of saying try and forget about it an move on, course they don't even themselves out we have been stitched up like a kipper this season fact, and I know there were people especially after the Leeds away game saying ' well if you give them the possession and time on the ball then you can't be surprised when things like this happen' no. We had a game plan at Leeds to let them have the ball in safe areas which we did very well and we got done by cheating. I actually thought yesterday that because elf the hype around the game on Tuesday that the ref might think if there is a 50/50 call I will give it forest because they got done so badly against West Bromwich (which they obviously shouldn't do) but that ref was fucking relentless against us yesterday. He twisted the knife that was already stuck in us and poured salt on the wound for good measure.

I've got a mate who's a Preston fan and was at the game and even he said:

'Yeah i was surprised by how much the ref gave us...can't remember the last time we had so many decisions go our way...but granted he wasnt the best. All the best for the rest of the season mate'