Sign in to follow this  
E R

Preston v Forest

Some fresh legs would do.  As we've created pretty much nothing it might work if you throw an attacking midfielder on who knows how to pass.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

I thought we looked solid and could of won it, clean sheet away is not to be scoffed at.

Boring and bang ordinary. Sums up Forest at this moment. 

How ever much I would love the playoffs, it's clearly beyond these players

An acceptable result at Deepdale where we seldom get anything but a loss , especially since Preston were on an upward curve including battering Norwich 3-1 in midweek .

Once again a poor ref costs us. We look solid enough but no creativity

38 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Hard to swallow when we’ve lost four points in four days due to bad officiating. 

Yes but in truth our season took a nosedive with losses away at Milwall and Reading  , plus at home to QPR and Preston . 

7 minutes ago, colin said:

Yes but in truth our season took a nosedive with losses away at Milwall and Reading  , plus at home to QPR and Preston . 

I blame Karanka for those loses,  O'neill is getting us back on track.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Just seen the goal back, that's a fucking dreadful decision.  Much worse than either dodgy decision against West Brom. 

Agreed. The ref was conned against WBA, this time he was just wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Just got back. We are looking very well organised under O'Neill with a good shape that is hard to break down. Again final pass it phase of play was just lacking. If grab an had a yard or 2 more pace he could of had a hat trick but instead ended up running into cul-de-sacs and having to hold onto the ball to wait for assistance. Again the ref had a stinker and was penalising us for all sorts. Many corner and throw ins were given against us when they had taken blatant deflections. I hope the linesman got it right with grab and goal as I will feel very aggrieved but we were all dumbfounded when Lolley goal didn't stand. I haven't watched it back yet but at the time of seeing it the ball was parried and there to be won Ryan Yates was more than entitled to out a challenge in on the keeper and we were all under the impression anyway that the north end player was the one that made contact with the keeper.. will have to watch it back. Another frustrating day and we played well to limit north end. They did quite a good job on Lolley doubling up on him. All in all a point away at Preston is okay i guess but if any team was going to win today it looked to be us. Sheep up next..

Now I've watched it back I can catagorically say we have been bummed by the ref again!!! Goal should stand. The Preston keeper even looks up to see the ball has landed at Lilley's feet with an open net so clutches his head

I must say I hold my hands up in the two centre halves as they have both done well and are a big improvemnt on the crap we had although how Benalooney never got booked today is beyond me with them tackles from behind 

3 minutes ago, E R said:

I must say I hold my hands up in the two centre halves as they have both done well and are a big improvemnt on the crap we had although how Benalooney never got booked today is beyond me with them tackles from behind 

The Swedish one nailed his forward so many times I was thinking of Kenny Burns kicking Keegan all over the pitch.

Good times.

Yeah agree the 2 centre halves look decent I'm guessing wague won't be too bad either. Darikwa was a liability again today and got caught out twice which could have led to disaster. Yates was decent enough and colback played well, he also took the captain's armband, maybe a hint that he might be staying in the summer... Robinson was decent enough, Lolley showed glimpses of quality but you could tell north end had a plan to limit him. Grab an needs to start taking his chances earlier and start controlling the ball earlier rather than waiting for it to bounce, if he had a couple yards more pace he wouldn't be back into shielding the ball instead of driving straight at goal. Thought bonatini might have come on and made an impact so was slightly disappointed not to see him get a go towards the end