Sign in to follow this  
E R

Preston v Forest

They are in good form whilst we are still struggling to find our feet, but if we apply the same level of energy as against WBA we could find ourselves with a decent chance of a result.

2-2

Had we rightfully got 3 points the other night this match would have less importance. As it is, in order to keep up with the pack, we can’t afford to lose. I reckon we’re winning this 2-0. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I was impressed with our new back four the other day and can't see us giving much away.  Win. 

Milosevic looks to be a find, doesn’t he? No nonsense, no frills, just ‘see ball, hit ball.’ Him and Benaloune will be a mean pairing by the looks of it. 

36 minutes ago, Danny said:

Milosevic looks to be a find, doesn’t he? No nonsense, no frills, just ‘see ball, hit ball.’ Him and Benaloune will be a mean pairing by the looks of it. 

Agreed, it's a bit early to be certain but those two look like proper defenders.  Benaloune looks to be a whole load better than any of us imagined although considering how bad a lot of our players have been it's fair that we'd be expecting the worst. 

Looking forward to being in the away end today. Martin O'Neill spoke about defending intelligently. Benalouane doesn't strike me as an intelligent defender but I hope I'm wrong, he comes across quite rash and see the ball, get the ball at all costs. One of his challenges on Tuesday night coming through the back of someone was totally unnecessary. Do like a player that puts them self on the line though. We have a pretty woeful record against north end in recent times. Think we last win at deepdale in 2011 in the cup, Mackie and Henderson with the goals. ( I know they've been in league 1 since then) but they have also beat us on our own patch twice over the past year.

Any win today would be great even if it's a crap game and we score in the last minute off the refs arse

Progress, we've turned the corner and put behind the Karanka quiting farce, seems the players like what O'neill is bringing and are up for the fight.  1-3

Pantilimon Darikwa, Milosevic, Benalouane, Robinson Lolley, Yates, Colback, Osborn Grabban, Murphy

See where your coming from. Colin, Lolley can be creative and Osborn can be on his day. Maybe sheer effort energy and strength with see us through this one. Hope Yates keeps his good form up and glad to see comeback in there. I hope O'Neill has been working on something as last time we put Murphy and grab an up top together it didn't go too well. Lovely day for a game of football here in lancashire

10 minutes ago, colin said:

Lots of graft and endeavour in that team but where's the creativity ??

Same could be said of the side lining up against West Brom and we should have come away with 3 points there. 

Just now, US_RED said:

Wheres Janko ?  Darikwa  is dog shit

He must have money on Preston scoring first