in 27 hours and nothing on here from regular match go'ers. ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Score. I don't even know where Wigan are in the table, or us exactly.

1-1 just because I started the thread.

Depends... if the team we played last week turns up I think they'll win. If we play with a more adventurous version of the system the players know we'll win. The side needs some pace and a little guile .... personally would drop either lolley or cash for Concalves or Appiah. 

Who knows? Travelling down after work tonight but genuinely cannot be arsed. Think it’ll be a draw but wouldn’t be surprised if we lost. 

I am up for this one (as in travelling north not pumped up!) - any excuse to get out the house now we have a newborn!

Will be interesting how we line-up - O'Neills recent comments about Carvalho and how is talented but needs to fight harder suggest to me that he might be on the bench again.

Not seen us lose this season so going for a 2-1 victory

Edited by rob_johnstoneuk

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

genuinely cannot be arsed. 

^ this. Was struggling with Karankball and although it's been one game there doesn't appear to be many reasons to be cheerful. 

Just now, leather said:

1-1. Half the fans asleep by the 65th minute.

32nd i reckon. 

I'm going, bringing the other half to her first time at the city ground too. I'll go for a 2-1 win.

Will be interesting to see if Fox plays

2-0

Has to be! 

Pantilimon, Janko, Benalouane, Fox, Robinson, Colback, Jacob, Lolley, Carvalho, Cash, Grabban

Final game for Fox. 

Lose 1 nil - I will probably ask if there are any links and massively regret it shortly afterwards

if MON doesn’t play Carvalho we will lose 100%

Will Griggs on fire, our defence is terrified. Loss 1-2 and boos echo around the ground and Martin O'Neill feels the heat as he turns up his collar.

Edited by Ricknffc

Would be the perfect time for a 4-0 thumping and get everyone's engagement levels back up and try and put a mini run together.

Judging by O’Neills comments in the Post I’m not expecting to see Carvalho brought back into the side. 

OHope and think carvalho will come back in and we will revert back to a familiar formation. Hope our defence can have a solid enough day to see us through to the next game where hopefully we will have some reinforcements. Think fox is Gona go as Wigan will probably offer a longer contract than us so I'm not sure whether he will play today as it's against the team he will be joining. If it was anyone else I'm sure fox would have no qualms about putting in a fantastic professional performance. Shame really as he deserves a bit of a send off as he has had some stick over the years (rightly so) but has bounced back and done well. If he starts today he is staying if he doesn't play he's going.

If it clicks we will win, when our side clicks they are good and one of the better teams in the division, there isn't much clicking happening though. 

Pantillimon

Darikwa benalouane Robinson janko ( did well there against derby)

Colback yacob

Lolley carvalho osborn

Grabban

Cash used as impact sub

O'Neill goes with;

Pantilimon, Janko, Benalouane, Robinson, Osborn, Lolley, Guedioura, Watson, Colback, Cash, Murphy

Subs; Steele, Grabban, Carvalho, Goncalves, Yates, Yacob, Appiah.

Weird.

4-5-1?

5 minutes ago, Fatles said:

Fox off then?

Today was supposed to be his last game and a farewell. He's to sign for Wigan before the window closes.

What a fucking pathetic line up, just 4 weeks ago there was a buzz around the place and we looked like we might sneak into play offs. After seeing this I think we will be lucky to get a draw. 

We all belittled Karanka for going with the same formation and tactics, every single game. O'Neill has went with two different formations in both his games. He's either responding to previous criticism (he listens to McGovern, who listens to the fans) or hasn't an idea of what our best team is yet. 

Pretty much the same team as last week.  Obviously we now HAVE to play Murphy because he's Irish.  Load of old wank, desperate for a win, doesn't play three of our best players - first name on the teamsheet type of players.

Win 2-1 😀

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Carvalho not playing 3rd game in a row.. 

Fuck that I’m staying in the pub... Roll on end of next season get rid of him and try again. 

On paper that is the worst selection from the players we have available I can remember.

How the fuck do Watson and Murphy warrant places above Grabban and Yacob?  Why wouldn't you include Carvalho in a three man midfield.  What a bunch of uninspiring old cunt.