Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Keane confirmed. Should give the players a bit of additional dread coming in on Mondays. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have seen the team a number of times over the last year or two and it is going to be tough but hopefully, with one or two signings, a bit of luck we can hopefully be competing

Translated: 

"I've seen the side and yeah they're shit, its going be like having push water up hill. Maybe if we get shot of the shit and actually sign some quality we may win a game or two" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, Thommo said:

"I have seen the team a number of times over the last year or two and it is going to be tough but hopefully, with one or two signings, a bit of luck we can hopefully be competing

Translated: 

"I've seen the side and yeah they're shit, its going be like having push water up hill. Maybe if we get shot of the shit and actually sign some quality we may win a game or two" 

Funny how we were competing before he came in..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be antagonistic but did we really compete or flatter to deceive? Players went off the boil before he came in, Lolley had a spell that helped us out. The defence has always been dodgy, especially from concentrated pressure with high balls. The team has always been slow. The home form and football has been utter shite all season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given yesterdays apology for a display against an already relegated unmotivated Bolton I have only feelings of ambivalence towards the forthcoming season ..  This despite renewing my season ticket makes me wonder if my time wouldn't more enjoyably be spent pursuing other activities .. I can honestly say that I have no faith whatsoever in MON's capacity to produce a team capable of entertaining winning football .  Each passing season seems like deja vue , same shit different manager ......

If I were EM I would do everything in my power to get Jokanovic ( sic ) in asap .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, colin said:

Given yesterdays apology for a display against an already relegated unmotivated Bolton I have only feelings of ambivalence towards the forthcoming season ..  This despite renewing my season ticket makes me wonder if my time wouldn't more enjoyably be spent pursuing other activities .. I can honestly say that I have no faith whatsoever in MON's capacity to produce a team capable of entertaining winning football .  Each passing season seems like deja vue , same shit different manager ......

If I were EM I would do everything in my power to get Jokanovic ( sic ) in asap .....

I wouldn't judge us on THAT performance - it was a typical end of season affair with both teams with nothing to play for. However, i have only seen one worthy performance under MoN's time in charge. 2 if you count the Derby game. I agree with you. Would be really ambitious to get Jokanovic or Wagner in.

We are often accused of living in the past and I can't help feel MoN and Keane were sentimental appointments. We should be proud of our past but we also must look forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

David , sorry to disagree but there was everything to play for  ............. 27,000 + spectators had paid hard earned money to be entertained and they were NOT !!. 

MON has had the opportunity to show that he is capable and willing to produce a team that's enjoyable to watch ... He has failed on all counts , symptoms of yesterdays's man ...................................  A sentimental appointment if ever there was one ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was a typical last game of the season, must have seen 20 games like it since I've been watching us. Nobody wanting to ruin their summer by getting injured and all that.

My issue with O'Neill was always that he steadfastly refused to pick his best team, God knows what that was all about but it completely fucked our season, as has been shown since he recalled Milosovic and Carvalho and obviously we improved a great deal at the same time.  

The question is do you trust him to not pull the same shit next season?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, colin said:

 

 

David , sorry to disagree but there was everything to play for  ............. 27,000 + spectators had paid hard earned money to be entertained and they were NOT !!. 

MON has had the opportunity to show that he is capable and willing to produce a team that's enjoyable to watch ... He has failed on all counts , symptoms of yesterdays's man ...................................  A sentimental appointment if ever there was one ..

In your opinion Colin.

It was a typical end of season nothing to play for game. I can count on one hand Forest games I have been to recently that were entertaining. The same goes for other teams. Any team in any division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it's only my opinion for that is the purpose of this forum to voice ones opinion .,.. I do not expect everyone or indeed anyone to agree with me ........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for next season to see the raft of bang average shite we bring in and to see how MON struggles to get them to string 3 passes together before inevitably getting sacked before we start the process all over again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, colin said:

Given yesterdays apology for a display against an already relegated unmotivated Bolton I have only feelings of ambivalence towards the forthcoming season ..  This despite renewing my season ticket makes me wonder if my time wouldn't more enjoyably be spent pursuing other activities .. I can honestly say that I have no faith whatsoever in MON's capacity to produce a team capable of entertaining winning football .  Each passing season seems like deja vue , same shit different manager ......

If I were EM I would do everything in my power to get Jokanovic ( sic ) in asap .....

I can't believe you still trudge up the M1 to watch rubbish every fortnight. I thought you would've binned it off by now. I aint sure whether to tip my hat or get you sectioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say that I am dreading next season and the one after when we are stuck with the players MON has signed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He won 9 in 19 in the end didn’t he? And we were robbed away at WBA and Preston. Not a bad record with someone else’s team.

 

Lets see how he does next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's starting to get a bit surreal on here. Firstly people talk about O'Neill like he's a total disaster while Karanka, with a much worse record, was treated as some kind of hero. And now people are moaning about the type of player O'Neill will bring in.

Over his career O'Neill's record in the transfer market is, at worst, respectable whereas Forest's record over the last decade is absolutely appalling. We must have signed around 100 players over the last five seasons and about four of them were worthwhile. There is absolutely no way O'Neill will be any worse than Forest's usual standard. I don't think it's even possible.

:arrowhead:

Edited by Art Vandelay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The results towards the end of the season seem to indicate O'Neil had been using the end of this season to experiment with the squad to try and come up with a plan for the summer break. I have no faith in Forest to appoint a better replacement, no matter how many ambitious replacements are cited here, we would end up with Gary Brazil on a 3-year contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

It's starting to get a bit surreal on here. Firstly people talk about O'Neil like he's a total disaster while Karanka, with a much worse record, was treated as some kind of hero. And now people are moaning about the type of player O'Neil will bring in.

Over his career O'Neil's record in the transfer market is, at worst, respectable whereas Forest's record over the last decade is absolutely appalling. We must have signed around 100 players over the last five seasons and about four of them were worthwhile. There is absolutely no way O'Neil will be any worse than Forest's usual standard. I don't think it's even possible.

:arrowhead:

I couldn’t agree more. The way people bang on you’d think we’d been playing caviar football for the last ten years. As for people moaning about the players MON will bring in, is this opposed to the 29 stellar top class signings Karanka made? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Martin will surprise a few next season. Wheel and deal in the transfer market, have a good pre-season, and I wouldn't rule out automatic promotion/play-offs. :cool04:

Norwich and Sheffield United aren't exactly world-beaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we're only a couple of players off challenging for the top two.  We've got four good centre halves, a load of midfielders that are plenty good enough, Karim looks OK, Soudani if he ever recovers, Lolley and Carvalho.  The goalkeeper is fine despite his critics. I think a decent winger and striker should do it.  Another if Soudani is fucked.  

We're a top six side already despite our position.  Just got to hope all of our defence/some other position doesn't get injured at the same time and we don't change a manager half way through the season again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure about a couple. I think we need: 

LB - back up or better than Robinson 

CM - ala Ruben Neves “type” 

RB - Byram

ST - back up to Grabban, Murphy needs putting out to pasture 

Winger - Power and pace. Maybe this is Soudani but he didn’t seem quick. 

GK -?? 

Meanwhile we’ve got a load of shit coming back that we will need to shift first. For FFP I think we will need to shift some decent players out. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Carvalho go to Olympiakos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Thommo said:

I’m not sure about a couple. I think we need: 

LB - back up or better than Robinson 

CM - ala Ruben Neves “type” 

RB - Byram

ST - back up to Grabban, Murphy needs putting out to pasture 

Winger - Power and pace. Maybe this is Soudani but he didn’t seem quick. 

GK -?? 

Meanwhile we’ve got a load of shit coming back that we will need to shift first. For FFP I think we will need to shift some decent players out. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Carvalho go to Olympiakos. 

:lol:

There's not many of them around. And you'd be talking massive money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to get rid of ten or fifteen players, more if we bring a load in.  Getting shot of a load of players is going to cost, see what we've got after that.  If we have a player or two up front who give us another dimension we'll be OK.  Anything else is a bonus. 

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.