Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, colin said:

From the reactions towards this appointment both on this forum and elsewhere I'd say that he is very much a " MARMITE " choice ..   Got to say that my own initial reaction was of being completely underwhelmed  , but upon giving it further consideration I really don't know what to think .................................

That is where I am. We owe him at least a fair crack of the whip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was underwhelmed when he was first announced but having watched videos of him at the ground and walking the corridors the sentimental idiot inside me is excited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

I was underwhelmed when he was first announced but having watched videos of him at the ground and walking the corridors the sentimental idiot inside me is excited. 

Is he still inside you? Do you need lube? 

Sorry, I read that and that’s where my mind went.

Im the same, although the entire Pearce thing has meant I can’t get too sentimental over it. I hope it doesn’t finish in the same fashion ... shit football and frustrated fans. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Is he still inside you? Do you need lube? 

Sorry, I read that and that’s where my mind went.

Im the same, although the entire Pearce thing has meant I can’t get too sentimental over it. I hope it doesn’t finish in the same fashion ... shit football and frustrated fans. 

 

Haha I realised what I has put after I posted it and was waiting for that. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, colin said:

From the reactions towards this appointment both on this forum and elsewhere I'd say that he is very much a " MARMITE " choice ..   Got to say that my own initial reaction was of being completely underwhelmed  , but upon giving it further consideration I really don't know what to think .................................

That's about where I'm at with this appointment, Col.

Saturday will give us more idea of what he's about. Bristol City in rude health, w6 d4 of their last ten games. 

I just hope to God that he ditches the two DM set up, and goes for a more attacking set up. Oh, and Martin, do not pick Watson. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dane B said:

That's about where I'm at with this appointment, Col.

Saturday will give us more idea of what he's about. Bristol City in rude health, w6 d4 of their last ten games. 

I just hope to God that he ditches the two DM set up, and goes for a more attacking set up. Oh, and Martin, do not pick Watson. 😂

This is complete opinion and could be bollocks but MON strikes me as a cautious manager who may opt for the likes of Watson and Murphy in his side. Hope I'm wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Savo said:

This is complete opinion and could be bollocks but MON strikes me as a cautious manager who may opt for the likes of Watson and Murphy in his side. Hope I'm wrong though.

 

I should think his first priority would be to stop shipping daft goals, the try & score & win. Sounds daft, but under Karanka he got the first bit right..just not the rest most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OBE said:

Way back when...

 

I used to pal around  with the first lad interviewed there 30 odd years ago. Cooper I think his name is, but a real blast from the past that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has MON given any press interviews since taking over? I don’t think I have seen any? Normally you have a few where he is saying the usual old dream come true stuff and about the european cup days etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E R said:

Has MON given any press interviews since taking over? I don’t think I have seen any? Normally you have a few where he is saying the usual old dream come true stuff and about the european cup days etc 

Ones scheduled today. Standard pre Match though. Nothing on taking over which is odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O'Neills first press conference

 

Says 'it wasn't the right time to have taken the job earlier'

' I would dearly like Roy to join us'

' I don't think there is any other reason to be here than get to the premier league'

' I'm here for 18 months, if we can't get up I'll gladly hand it over to someone else to see if they can try'

'i wasn't aware of the turnover of managers in recent years, you've made me aware of that, that's pretty daunting'

' great to be back here Nottingham has been part of my life'

'the job is to try to get up'

'its great ( sell out at weekend), coming in halfway through the season I've tried to do as much homework as possible, it's exciting'

' I have trained a great enthusiasm for football, I am well aware of the pitfalls of management'

' if you don't feel like doing it, you shouldn't do it. I really want to be successful here because we had extraordinary success ( as a player)'

' don't live in the past. That will be there forever more. But we want to try and carve some sort of niche now'

' I don't think there'd really such a thing as long term projects in the game'

' there seems to be a good spirit among the players and trust that will transmit onto the pitch'

'the target is to get promotion, I really have to try to do that. If I'm unable to do that I will hand over to someone else'

'i didn't realise they'd put the photographs out there of the European cup winning team. If the younger players need extra motivayion, it's right there in front of you'

' when a new manager comes in players immediately step up in training there is a bit of a spark about the place, to the say the training is better, I think would be disparaging to the outgoing manager'

' I think the players are ready to go, we need to be ready for Saturday'

' it looks as if we've got a good spirit, we've got a few problems with injuries and suspensions. We've got to get over that'

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to keen on him saying if he can't achieve promotion he will gladly hand it over to someone else, maybe I'm reading it out of context but I want Martin to feel like he has to and will get us up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Not to keen on him saying if he can't achieve promotion he will gladly hand it over to someone else, maybe I'm reading it out of context but I want Martin to feel like he has to and will get us up

I doubt Fatty would give him longer than this season and next season to get us up either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I doubt Fatty would give him longer than this season and next season to get us up either way.

fans (more than 1 on this forum) will be calling for his head by April anyways

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God you lot are narf boring - the previous manager walked out with the fans chanting his name ffs (as thick as they may have been). As Idina Menzel once said..........

18 months is plenty of time and if he is enjoying it and doing well I am sure there is an option 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ricknffc said:

Not to keen on him saying if he can't achieve promotion he will gladly hand it over to someone else, maybe I'm reading it out of context but I want Martin to feel like he has to and will get us up

I think what he’s saying is he’ll give it his best go and if he doesn’t manage it he’d have failed so will willingly give someone else a go. 

I can’t fucking wait now. Get Keane in. Get him to go in on a few like he did on Haaland (minus the career ending injury) and get them hungry to fight for the shirt.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he was dull, nervous and not the quick witted intelligent geezer that he once was

How's that for fucking him off before he's even started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, Ricknffc said:

Not to keen on him saying if he can't achieve promotion he will gladly hand it over to someone else, maybe I'm reading it out of context but I want Martin to feel like he has to and will get us up

obviously knows his stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.