1 hour ago, Ian said:

Terrible appointment.. couldn’t have got much worse. I’d rather have had Clough 

Funny how he was too too good for us all these years and as soon as he can’t get another job he’s ready to take us on. What’s he turned us down two or three times. 

Shit Forest just shit, serves the Karanka out jokers right. Bet he’s laughing his tits off. Wouldn’t blame him either. 

I would have turned down the job offer to manage forest of fawaz was interviewing me. We weren't good enough for him that's why he turned us down

36 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

Who the hell would want to play under Roy Keane. The guy always comes across as a grade A cunt. Not a recipe for the modern footballer...

And I bet he comes across as a top footballer to any footballer who is 30 and under

16 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

Just can't see a bunch of near millionaire championship players accepting a middle aged man with a temper attitude threatening to chin one of them if they step out of line.

Times have changed since his day, modern players are soft, they need a cuddle and tucking in at night.

Get carvalho's missus as assistant then so they can take turns on her

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/22/republic-ireland-defender-matt-doherty-brands-former-manager/

Interesting take down of O'Neill - but likely to be mainly down to bitterness for not getting picked (he doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box either) 

Not sure about MON but if anyone can motivate these bunch of twats it will be him! Let's back.him with a few decent loanees and see what he can do! 

Has there actually been any word that Keane is coming as well or is it just everyone assuming due to the Irish thing?

3 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

And I bet he comes across as a top footballer to any footballer who is 30 and under

Being a top footballer has nothing to do with managing people. 

Edited by Oldbighead

He knows how to win as a player though and has had a lot of experience of winning as a player, couple that with one of Britain's most experienced managers in the game and their connection with forest it's worth a go...

2 minutes ago, Savo said:

Has there actually been any word that Keane is coming as well or is it just everyone assuming due to the Irish thing?

Been at nffc offices in London, could well be to turn down what was offered but it would surprise me if he didn't come along with martin

4 minutes ago, Savo said:

Taylor has said it looks like he is coming in along with Guppy 

Looks increasingly likely that Keane will be involved in the set-up, yes... but waiting for official confirmation on that and on length of contract.

Edited by darcy

6 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

He knows how to win as a player though and has had a lot of experience of winning as a player, couple that with one of Britain's most experienced managers in the game and their connection with forest it's worth a go...

In a ideal world that's how we would like it to work.. I can't see it working out myself, but I hope I'm wrong..

We should have held out for Wagner - probably where Jokanavic is heading 

If Keane is coming MoN probably wants him to tell the Greek where to shove it if it tries to suggest what the team sheet should be.

11 minutes ago, leather said:

If Keane is coming MoN probably wants him to tell the Greek where to shove it if it tries to suggest what the team sheet should be.

At least Keane and marinakis could have a lengthy conversation about facial hair..

Wouldn’t be surprised if Keane had popped in during the half time team talk vs Reading and showed the players how to tackle. 

• Haha 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/11/08/martin-oneill-reveals-secrets-success-will-always-brian-cloughs/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/21/martin-oneill-interview-become-grandfather-dont-think-done-management/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

A couple of good articles to read. He sounds hungry and this is a fantastic opportunity for both him and us. Really hope this is the perfect fit we have been looking for, if Marinakis was "blown away" in the interview, a guy who will have conducted interviews with other high profile managers at Olympiacos, O'Neil will have more than an idea of how to take us forward again.

He is probably as close to Cloughie as you're going to get these days. We have a talented squad and he is a motivator who you'd hope will get the best out of them. When you add in the impending investment in the squad, the fact he is a club legend (and potentially bringing a few more back within his staff) and how this will galvanise the whole club, this has the potential to lift the whole club to a different level. 

15 minutes ago, leather said:

That’s a great reason 😂

56 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

I would have turned down the job offer to manage forest of fawaz was interviewing me. We weren't good enough for him that's why he turned us down

So Martin O’Neill is bigger than Forest yeah 

Didn't work with Pearce, can't see it working with MON.

I've had a few messages today, mainly consisting of "what the fuck" and "shit appointment".

Still, time will tell, but personally, I think MON is years past his sell by date.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

So Martin O’Neill is bigger than Forest yeah 

Im sure even Nigel Clough turned us down not long ago

7 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Didn't work with Pearce, can't see it working with MON.

I've had a few messages today, mainly consisting of "what the fuck" and "shit appointment".

Still, time will tell, but personally, I think MON is years past his sell by date.

That's the spirit.

• Haha 1

I think we owe him our backing if for just what he achieved as a player. I would love nothing more than him and Keane to succeed and get us promoted. Let’s see where we are this time next year or we can at least have another lovely January witch hunt and sacking 👍

19 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

What?? We were a car crash of a club why would he want to take that job on?

Why are you assuming I’m talking about under Fawaz.. 

Was he too good for us when in charge of the mighty Wycombe In 93 or when he again said no even after he agreed to Nigel Doughty

you stated he was too good for us I disagree and think he’s come crawling back now he can’t get a job elsewhere. If he hadn't is on two European cups with us  he wouldn’t be a serious contender