1 minute ago, Ben said:

So because he played here he will succeed? 

and where did I say that????

Fuck Karanka, he’s gone.

MON not my choice but let’s all get behind him. I’d fucking love him to take us up. You reds.

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

So because he played here he will succeed? 

We don't know who will succeed maybe jokanovic wouldn't have succeeded but it's the hierarchy's job to put in place someone who is the best fit for the club and someone who they think will succeed, it isn't in their interest to put someone in charge that they don't think will do well. 

I re-iterate this is nothing like a Stuart Pearce appointment, Pearce's experience in the England under 21's or whatever it was does not compare to Martin O'Neill's managerial experience. O'Neill is a previous player that has won the  highest of honours with us but also has decades of experience and knowledge of getting successful performances and results

Edited by Ricknffc

Here's what Daniel Taylor just wrote....

"A career of virtually relentless success bar Sunderland (a managerial wasteland) and Ireland (where he took a highly average team to Euro 2016 but apparently didn't make John O'Shea look like Beckenbauer). The rest? Very good, sometimes brilliant "

5 minutes ago, nottmred said:

Fuck Karanka, he’s gone.

MON not my choice but let’s all get behind him. I’d fucking love him to take us up. You reds.

This exactly ... not my first choice either. In fact, he made my shit list of managers I didn't want here, but here we go. Onwards and upwards ... let's get something out of this season. Top 6 still very much possible.

8 minutes ago, US_RED said:

Here's what Daniel Taylor just wrote....

"A career of virtually relentless success bar Sunderland (a managerial wasteland) and Ireland (where he took a highly average team to Euro 2016 but apparently didn't make John O'Shea look like Beckenbauer). The rest? Very good, sometimes brilliant "

In reality he won a League Cup once and I think that's it.  Did fairly to very well with Wycombe, Norwich and Leicester but that was a long time ago and with Robertson at his side. 

He does have a cracking personality though and must think he can do something here otherwise he wouldn't bother. 

Expect hard working and anyone expecting us to up our attacking game might as well lower their expectations now before acting up for the next year. 

38 minutes ago, US_RED said:

and where did I say that????

Anyone who is underwhelmed with MON's appointment should rethink their stance, this club defined his life/career

You're implying people should rethink their stance as the club defined his life/career. If I have misread please correct me.

• Upvote 1

No idea how this is going to go.  Agree with all of the above really, I'm slightly underwhelmed but then again his track record at club level apart from sunderland is good but not brilliant.

May be just what we need but I think he's one of these guys that needs time to gel a team.  Don't know how that's going to go.

He'll get my backing for sure and fingers crossed the players respond.  He did play decent football at Villa and Leicester, so hopefully we might have something decent to watch.

O'Neill was one of my favourite players as a lad. Skillful, and good enough to make the step up from the second division to the first division, and into Europe. But as our manager? Oh dear. 

Are we going around in circles here? 

Fawaz sacks fans favourite, Davies, and to save face with the fans and keep bums on seats, appoints a club legend, Pearce. EM has done exactly the same. 

MON isn't even a very good manager either. Good opportunity wasted. 

Who'll replace him next January? 

O’Neill is likely to bring in Steve Guppy as part of his backroom staff as he contemplates taking charge for the first time in Forest’s home game against Bristol City on Saturday.

Good Eastleigh lad him. 

42 minutes ago, Dane B said:

O'Neill was one of my favourite players as a lad. Skillful, and good enough to make the step up from the second division to the first division, and into Europe. But as our manager? Oh dear. 

Are we going around in circles here? 

Fawaz sacks fans favourite, Davies, and to save face with the fans and keep bums on seats, appoints a club legend, Pearce. EM has done exactly the same. 

MON isn't even a very good manager either. Good opportunity wasted. 

Who'll replace him next January? 

He's not as bad as you make him out to be mate. I'd expect counter-attacking football, strong defensively and quick on the break. There is money to spend, though I'd like see Appiah given a chance now. When you look at his achievements written down, he has actually looks to have been quite a successful manager.

Massively underwhelmed. Yes he had a poor selection of players to choose from with Ireland but he didn't even try and play football. It was turgid attritional stuff that makes Karanka look like Kevin Keegan.

I hope he proves me wrong and gets us playing some decent stuff but it really seems like a backward step. Not a choice a forward-thinking club on the up would make.

I wasn’t expecting this and don’t know really what to think. My main gripe is I don’t like Forest legends coming in to manage the team, mostly because I don’t want to see them fail and that’s highly likely in the circus that is NFFC .

Could he do a job? Well in this league anything is possible if you go for it. Consistency seems to be the big challenge for most teams in this division. Solve that and you’ve got a good chance.

Wouldn’t be my choice but I can’t help get a bit excited about it. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Keane? Too much of a loose cannon? Better off not bringing him in?

Terrible appointment.. couldn’t have got much worse. I’d rather have had Clough 

Funny how he was too too good for us all these years and as soon as he can’t get another job he’s ready to take us on. What’s he turned us down two or three times. 

Shit Forest just shit, serves the Karanka out jokers right. Bet he’s laughing his tits off. Wouldn’t blame him either. 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Funny how he was too too good for us all these years and as soon as he can’t get another job he’s ready to take us on.

What’s the issue with that? If you get a better offer elsewhere you’d be an idiot to turn it down. Everyone with any sense takes the best job available to them at the time so why would O’Neill be any different?

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

What’s the issue with that? If you get a better offer elsewhere you’d be an idiot to turn it down. Everyone with any sense takes the best job available to them at the time so why would O’Neill be any different?

I can see what point your trying to make.l and you’ve right in one sense but let’s not pretend Martin O’Neill is just a normal football manager to Nottingham Forest.. 

34 minutes ago, nottmred said:

Wouldn’t be my choice but I can’t help get a bit excited about it. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Keane? Too much of a loose cannon? Better off not bringing him in?

Looks like he is a coming ha ha - I think he will sort the fucking lazy lot out 👍 https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8191373/roy-keane-nottingham-forest-martin-oneill-assistant/amp/

Who the hell would want to play under Roy Keane. The guy always comes across as a grade A cunt. Not a recipe for the modern footballer...

10 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

Who the hell would want to play under Roy Keane. The guy always comes across as a grade A cunt. Not a recipe for the modern footballer...

Depends on your personality or make-up I think. At United he was a leader who demanded 100% and incredibly high standards and luckily for him the players at United were born winners and ultra-professional. I'm not sure the same can be said at Forest.

11 minutes ago, Savo said:

Depends on your personality or make-up I think. At United he was a leader who demanded 100% and incredibly high standards and luckily for him the players at United were born winners and ultra-professional. I'm not sure the same can be said at Forest.

Just can't see a bunch of near millionaire championship players accepting a middle aged man with a temper attitude threatening to chin one of them if they step out of line.

Times have changed since his day, modern players are soft, they need a cuddle and tucking in at night.

Edited by Oldbighead

28 minutes ago, E R said:

Looks like he is a coming ha ha - I think he will sort the fucking lazy lot out 👍 https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8191373/roy-keane-nottingham-forest-martin-oneill-assistant/amp/

I might be in a minority but I like Keane. Just concerned the modern footballer won’t. 

Yeah same here - the wrap them in cotton wool approach hasn’t worked and we have tried everything else so maybe it is worth a shot