Anyone of a certain vintage won't put the dampers on this, I wish him all the best of luck in the world because after Saturdays pathetic turnout he's gonna fucking need it!

Nobody will know the full story, Jokanovic could have turned us down for all we know (reports were he had reservations).

Like Danny, he would not have been my choice but I wish him well and hope we get lucky for once!

I look forward to reading reports of Keane chinning a few of the wage thiefs we still have malingering about the place. 

Edited by Danny

Well he knows English football but I am massively underwhelmed 

Apparently Jokanovic wage demands were crazy for the Championship, if it wasn't O'Neil it was Carvahal...

No idea how this will turn out, not my 1st choice but I like the idea he is a bit old school, no nonsense and ties to both the club and Cloughy. If he still has the fire in his belly then he isn't too old. Not sure how much you read into his results and stye of play with Ireland as that crop weren't exactly the best. Doesn't seem like a typical Marinakis appointment.

MON and (if he comes in too) Keane will sort out the egos of some of the players and bring them crashing back to earth with a bang.

Clough and Taylor part 2? Good cop bad cop? I'm very surprised they have actually accepted the job, Martin O'Neill's previous opinion of the club has been supportive but from a long distance as he would not get involved at all with the shenanigans of fawaz, so if anything it must confirm the notion that the club has come on a long way under marinakis. I take it himself and Keane are no mugs either and with what's happened in the past I assume O'Neill and Keane were magnanimous with how they want things to work and if marinakis doesn't like it then they won't sign.

As on the pitch goes Keane has success running through his veins as a player and there was no points for 2nd place with him, it was win or nothing and their experiences of success through forest and keane with United ( also at a time when many of our players would have been growing up seeing the successful United) they should be able to get our players motivated and wanting success. They will be telling g the players they have had success at this great club and now we want to help you make your own chapter and get us in the prem.

Also marinakis was very keen to get the respect back for the players of our successful era after fawaz had disgraced them so I can only imagine this will boost the feel good factor around the club and with our staff of present and old.

I for one am prepared to give them my full support and the more I think about it the more I think this could be a good appointment for our squad.

50/50 on this. It could of been alot worse...

Yes I'm trying to be optimistic.

Edited by Oldbighead

Has some great stats early on in his managerial career - has gone on a bit of a slide since Sunderland. I hope he does well - he has the potential to play some good stuff (Irish evidence aside).

People keep referencing to MON time at Ireland.

Well what did he have to work with? Not a lot.

That Irish side would probably struggle to get in the top 6 in the Championship.

End of the day he will have one of the better squads in the Championship, you'd hope has been following the club closely, money to spend and like Ole at United, is a club legend here, adored by the fans and will instantly have the respect of the players. 

Anyone who is underwhelmed with MON's appointment should rethink their stance, this club defined his life/career, nothing would put the icing on his cake than to bring us back from the dark ages. For me this is a move in the right direction.

• Like 1

Just now, US_RED said:

Anyone who is underwhelmed with MON's appointment should rethink their stance, this club defined his life/career, nothing would put the icing on his cake than to bring us back from the dark ages. For me this is a move in the right direction.

So because he played here he will succeed? 

Can anyone give me an insight into his style of play at club level? I have seen Ireland play quite a bit recently which was bland but then look at the players he is working with there... I seem to remeber his Villa side were fairly attacking?