Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Karanka has gone

Recommended Posts

So let me get this straight. 

Hes been uninterested and distant since October according to reports 

Fell out with our best player in December 

Thrown a hissy fit over not being given any more money to spend and being told to make do with the 20 players he’s brought. 

Asked to leave so his new club won’t have to pay compensation for him. 

Yet he’s being treated like the second coming of Clough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

 

I found the whole thing strange.  They appointed a new man above Karanka, something went on within a day or two of that happening, then instead of sacking him - as that's obviously what they wanted to do, they just peddled a media campaign undermining him for a few weeks.  It's a bizarre way of carrying on and the only reason it doesn't match anything under Fawaz is that Fawaz wasn't smart or cunning enough to carry something like this out.

At least they stopped short of blowing up his house. 

How have they undermined him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

I don’t get why people are slagging the owners off when he left. It doesn’t make sense. Karanka left us but somehow the club has let him down? I’ve been on twitter this afternoon and it’s like a day of mourning on there, it’s hilarious. I feel sorry for people under 18 who think this is the best we’ve ever had it. Someone said we play the beat football in the league 😂

I'm 26 and all I've known is pretty shit, the best I've experienced is billy Davies, that's the most optimism and joyful experience unfortunately. I'm not complaining I've loved every minute of supporting forest but it's crap listening to the good old days and not being able to know what that feels like. I can't complain about the owners so far. If they had sacked him for footballing reasons then I would have protested but the off the field reasons of spitting his dummy out look justifiable of true. By he wasn't sacked he walked

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he's walked to save Madrid paying compo lol 

Not like they can't afford it, is it. 

The greeks probably made life difficult, he didn't like it, history of being a mardy cunt, decides to walk. 

I didnt particularly want to see him go but if they bring in joknovic then fair play 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brooksy said:

I don't think he's walked to save Madrid paying compo lol 

Not like they can't afford it, is it. 

The greeks probably made life difficult, he didn't like it, history of being a mardy cunt, decides to walk. 

I didnt particularly want to see him go but if they bring in joknovic then fair play 

I don’t believe he’s walked. Earlier today Alan Nixon tweeted it was a mutual decision. I just think the club are trying to save face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

Have you been living in a hole for the last month?

Because they’ve been attending games and not responding to speculation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Because they’ve been attending games and not responding to speculation? 

 

I have to remind you that the only time you've been this season you said you were entertained.

No, the media campaign fed by them about the managerial position for the last few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That bullshit yesterday was not professional. Some cunt leaking his sacking.  I call shenanigans.  Back him or sack him- smacks of constructive dismissal.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, molymoly said:

That bullshit yesterday was not professional. Some cunt leaking his sacking.  I call shenanigans.  Back him or sack him- smacks of constructive dismissal.  

Anyone at the club could have leaked it. It’ll be like any workplace gossip. And it happens at every club so let’s not make out that Forest are unique in this regard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, molymoly said:

That bullshit yesterday was not professional. Some cunt leaking his sacking.  I call shenanigans.  Back him or sack him- smacks of constructive dismissal.  

You're right of course. 

People have mentioned him going to Madrid, if he had any smarts about him he'll have lined himself up a job elsewhere 'cause it's been obvious for weeks that he didn't have a job here. 

I guess we'll have to get used to any manager here not being in charge.  I doubt we'll get the hang of not blaming them for everything despite point A.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

 

I have to remind you that the only time you've been this season you said you were entertained.

No, the media campaign fed by them about the managerial position for the last few weeks.

I’ve been to every game home and away bar three from the start of the 2017/18 season until late spetember mid October this season. 

 

Or was it someone close to Karanka leaking stuff to paint him in a better light? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bestwood_red! said:

I’ve been to every game home and away bar three from the start of the 2017/18 season until late spetember mid October this season. 

 

Or was it someone close to Karanka leaking stuff to paint him in a better light? 

 

You missed plenty of great games, too bad.

Pretty much every day for lots of weeks there has been daily stuff about Karanka being sacked within any minute.  Did you miss it?

It's obvious to everyone that they were getting shot of him, it was a matter of when not if.  Any person working under that with anything other than rhino skin on their back is going to fuck off at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told that last night there was a meeting with the manager and they offered him more money to walk away so it doesn't look bad on the club. Percys article lays it out. As much as I wanted him to be a success, he has underachieved with this squad this season and you can't argue with their other gripes. Appiah should have had more minutes, subs have been questionable and to be honest, we should have people in various positions at the club. 

I really hope they do pick well next, we have some excellent attacking players and an attack minded manager could really get the best out of them. You'd certainly suspect they have someone in mind as the writing has been on the wall for a while and what an opportunity it will be for someone. 7th in the league, good squad, big club with large support this season and money to spend. Its never boring supporting this club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

 

You missed plenty of great games, too bad.

Pretty much every day for lots of weeks there has been daily stuff about Karanka being sacked within any minute.  Did you miss it?

It's obvious to everyone that they were getting shot of him, it was a matter of when not if.  Any person working under that with anything other than rhino skin on their back is going to fuck off at some point.

Ffs don’t be ridiculous he’s a grown man. How many people are going to work today under threat of the shop they work at being closed? Jaguar Land Rover are axing 4500 jobs, are their workers downing tools and fucking off? 

You called the players cunts for apparently downing tools because they don’t like the manager but it’s ok for the manager to down tools because he doesn’t like what’s happening above him? 

You talking about him like he’s a delicate wallflower. The fact is as soon as he got a bit of pressure he fucked off the day before a game and left us in the shit halfway through a transfer window. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

Ffs don’t be ridiculous he’s a grown man. How many people are going to work today under threat of the shop they work at being closed? Jaguar Land Rover are axing 4500 jobs, are their workers downing tools and fucking off? 

You called the players cunts for apparently downing tools because they don’t like the manager but it’s ok for the manager to down tools because he doesn’t like what’s happening above him? 

You talking about him like he’s a delicate wallflower. The fact is as soon as he got a bit of pressure he fucked off the day before a game and left us in the shit halfway through a transfer window. 

 

I guarantee if you didn't have a pathalogical hatred of him you'd see things differently.  If I still gave a fuck it would bother me that we have a maniac owner who makes Fawaz's meddling look laissez faire. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Danny said:

Worse than Fawaz? Give me strength. Some of the histrionics on here is unbelievable.

If you pull the emotion out of it, there’s a whiff of something not right with the owners involvement. Is it Fawaz level? No, but let’s not forget he was allegedly taking advice from EM towards the end. 

I believe theyve manoeuvred Karanka out, but he’s made it very easy for that happen. Their expectation of promotion was the leverage, both parties having wildly differing views on the strength of the squad. While I agree Karanka was backed , I still don’t like the smell of all these freebies. I hope Marinakis doesn’t think you can get out of this league with a few European journeymen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having attended most of our games this season  I had noticed a pronounced change in Karanka's demeanour during the past couple of months . Certainly his interview after the Ipswich game was very curious .  From that point with few exceptions our form has been erratic at best .  Home defeats to Preston and QPR plus the away defeat to Milwall  and the collapse at Norwich were alarming ... IF sories of Karanka taking umbrage at the owners installing management in the heiracy are accurate then he was on a very slippery slope indeed ..  Had we had won those games his position would have been very different and the club would have been sitting comfortably within the top 6 . This allegedly was his mandate .. 

I like I guess most of us desire stability after years of farce and chop and change . However , our owners demand success with entertaining football and seem not to tolerate their manager having mardy outbursts . Publically , Karanka has behaved with dignity and grace however we do not know what has gone on behind the scenes . If he had demanded a lot more money for fresh signings because those he previously selected were duds then ..........................................

At the end of the day should they install a better manager with a more attacking and winning philosophy we'll all be happy clappers .. Only time will tell ........ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

 

I guarantee if you didn't have a pathalogical hatred of him you'd see things differently.  If I still gave a fuck it would bother me that we have a maniac owner who makes Fawaz's meddling look laissez faire. 

I don’t hate him, I didn’t want him gone. I don’t like his football but he wasn’t hurting the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I read which was disturbing, was that Karanka wanted rid of Hefele after only 5 months of signing him. 

I can only surmise from that that Hefele is trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dane B said:

One thing I read which was disturbing, was that Karanka wanted rid of Hefele after only 5 months of signing him. 

I can only surmise from that that Hefele is trouble. 

Or he’s not very good. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hefele is one of the worst defenders I've seen play for us and that is saying something. He turns like a line of Asda trollies and looks like he's running through treacle with someone on his back. I can't believe we sent Worrall to Rangers and brought this clown in. 

The novelty wore off in about 5 minutes. There's a scout somewhere that needs to be sacked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Savo said:

Hefele is one of the worst defenders I've seen play for us and that is saying something. He turns like a line of Asda trollies and looks like he's running through treacle with someone on his back. I can't believe we sent Worrall to Rangers and brought this clown in. 

The novelty wore off in about 5 minutes. There's a scout somewhere that needs to be sacked. 

He seemed to mask his lack of ability by being a ‘character’ but, as you say, that didn’t last very long. He’s bilge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.