Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Karanka has gone

Recommended Posts

And as I've said in the past, also yesterday and today if aitor was the one pouring fuel onto the fire by basically saying give me money or I'm going,giving the board an ultimatum then fair enough I can see that they can't just bow down to his demands. What I'm saying is the club should have backed him in terms of what he has done so far and what he was continuing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Anyone seem Charlie Cheawick? I am starting to worry now šŸ˜‚

Letā€™s face it he is a LabourĀ supporting RemainerĀ who lovesĀ Karanka - deffo avoid his tipsĀ if you see him at the horse racing šŸ˜‰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

If he has spat his dummy out and kicked off and basically refused to carry on his job if his demands aren't met then yes that's a pretty toxic trait for a manager to have and yes action has to be taken.

Article from Percy at Telegraph says it all, he has form for it as well ... ultimately you make your own decision.Ā 

Iā€™m with the owners ... strained relations happen in every workplace itā€™s how theyā€™re sorted out and it sounds like he didnā€™t want to be questioned by other footballing hierarchy in the club on his subs and performance.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, E R said:

Has Anyone seem Charlie Cheawick? I am starting to worry now šŸ˜‚

Letā€™s face it he is a LabourĀ supporting RemainerĀ who lovesĀ Karanka - deffo avoid his tipsĀ if you see him at the horse racing šŸ˜‰

šŸ˜†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

And as I've said in the past, also yesterday and today if aitor was the one pouring fuel onto the fire by basically saying give me money or I'm going,giving the board an ultimatum then fair enough I can see that they can't just bow down to his demands. What I'm saying is the club should have backed him in terms of what he has done so far and what he was continuing to do.

The club will listen to the fans and they were chanting his name from the rafters and they have not sacked him - he has walked away. If they had sacked him then you could argue that,Ā but they backed him in the summer and - rightly in my opinion - probably had some concerns about allowing him to spunk another load of dough in January with a massively bloated squad alreadyĀ and so he has spat his dummy out. He did the same at Boro because they wouldnā€™t let him sign Negrado

Anyway I for one am glad to see the back of him and his boring shit footballĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, E R said:

Has Anyone seem Charlie Cheawick? I am starting to worry now šŸ˜‚

Letā€™s face it he is a LabourĀ supporting RemainerĀ who lovesĀ Karanka - deffo avoid his tipsĀ if you see him at the horse racing šŸ˜‰

Probably protesting now for the fans to have a second vote on whether he stays or goesĀ 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestwood_red! said:

Are you blind? Heā€™s quit not been sacked.Ā 

Ha I acknowledge that I just think the club could have done more especially in December to reassure him that they were behind him for the season, maybe they did, but it didn't come across that way, if it is as simple as he has walked because he wasn't getting his own way and all his demands being met then I can see how that isn't good for the club. Sorry it's just so frustrating to see time and time again and yes this is different because he has walked. I just think a lot of the impatience for him had come from on the pitch reasons which in my opinion weren't justified to sack him, if it's mainly down to personal reasons of him crying like a baby like Boro then I can accept that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestwood_red! said:

Probably protesting now for the fans to have a second vote on whether he stays or goesĀ 

Haha has karanka got an article 50 in his contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ricknffc said:

Ha I acknowledge that I just think the club could have done more especially in December to reassure him that they were behind him for the season, maybe they did, but it didn't come across that way, if it is as simple as he has walked because he wasn't getting his own way and all his demands being met then I can see how that isn't good for the club. Sorry it's just so frustrating to see time and time again and yes this is different because he has walked. I just think a lot of the impatience for him had come from on the pitch reasons which in my opinion weren't justified to sack him, if it's mainly down to personal reasons of him crying like a baby like Boro then I can accept that

I know what you mean, I canā€™t stand the bloke or his football but even I said give him the season but just like at Boro heā€™s stormed off after not getting his way.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time he came in and saved the club from relegation.Ā 

The second time he had unfinished business.Ā 

This time, itā€™s personal.Ā 

WE WANT OUR BILLY BACK! WE WANT OUR BILLY BACK!Ā 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bestwood_red! said:

I know what you mean, I canā€™t stand the bloke or his football but even I said give him the season but just like at Boro heā€™s stormed off after not getting his way.Ā 

Yeah it's hard to sum up emotions at the moment, part of me is pissed off cos it's another manager again when things looked like they might be turning the corner and then a bit of me thinks what a c*nt for walking out. All I can say is that away days have been enjoyable up to now and hope they continue this season. Can aitors brother David not take interim charge so we can keep the chants?? David, David karanka take forest up for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

The first time he came in and saved the club from relegation.Ā 

The second time he had unfinished business.Ā 

This time, itā€™s personal.Ā 

WE WANT OUR BILLY BACK! WE WANT OUR BILLY BACK!Ā 

With the voice over from the guy who does all the film's...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of whether you like Karanka or not walking away means he loses a lot of money. Doesnā€™t sound great behind the scenes. Club clearly didnā€™t issue statement yesterday backing him either so expect he found out they have been scouting for a replacement.Ā 

Personally I see this as a definite step back in our chances of promotion this season but could be a good step forward in the longer term.Ā 

Whoever comes in will definitely need to invest more into squad as we donā€™t have enough high quality players to be challenging. Forget about size of squad as 2/3 of them are average at best.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bryan said:

Regardless of whether you like Karanka or not walking away means he loses a lot of money.Ā 

Nixon reporting it was a mutual decision. I imagine the club have just tried to spin it in the most positive light for them.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, E R said:

Has Anyone seem Charlie Cheawick? I am starting to worry now šŸ˜‚

Letā€™s face it he is a LabourĀ supporting RemainerĀ who lovesĀ Karanka - deffo avoid his tipsĀ if you see him at the horse racing šŸ˜‰

If you weren't so hard of thinking you'd know I'm neither of the first two. Don't love Karanka but know through experience that we'll be doing this again in a few months and none of you will have grasped the problem by then either.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willing to bet a curly wurly that Worral gets recalled from Rangers and is back in the starting line up under the new manager.Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I hate the modern game - this has been brewing for far too long. That's a ridiculous amount of managers we've chewed up and spat out for a decade - when the fuck are we going to give a manager a season to implement some kind of consistent approach?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danny said:

I imagine weā€™ll set up tomorrow much the same as we have done previously as the players would have been working on a certain tactic all week under Karanka. I donā€™t expect the caretaker to change much if anything at all.Ā 

What 'tactics'? ''here's the ball, you lot cost a fortune, now go out and beat shitty Reading''.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, i.k.s said:

What 'tactics'? ''here's the ball, you lot cost a fortune, now go out and beat shitty Reading''.

Not quite - more like we have Murphy, Carvalho and Lolly who are allowed over the half way line to try and conjure up a goal between them -Ā if any of you other fucking 8 dare to go past that line you are dropped next week for Ben WatsonĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rob_johnstoneuk said:

The relationships were breaking down for some time - my only gripe with the club is he should have either have been backed or sacked

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/11/inside-story-aitor-karankas-downfall-nottingham-forest/

I've not posted for a few years, but can anyone with access copy and post this please.

I'd like to know what has been going on behind the scenes. Not that the telegraph probably know any more than anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redken said:

I've not posted for a few years, but can anyone with access copy and post this please.

I'd like to know what has been going on behind the scenes. Not that the telegraph probably know any more than anyone else.

Register you lazy git.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Upcoming Events

  • Live championship table

  • Championship Live Scores

    Fctables
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.