Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Karanka has gone

He has walked away - hopefully he won’t get a penny then 😉👍🍾🥂

Nottingham Forest FC

·
5m

Club statement. Aitor Karanka has asked to be released from his contract as the manager of Nottingham Forest Football Club.
Edited by E R

4 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Not massively bothered. I imagine we will appoint some Greek guy. 

I’m hoping for Jokanovic. I’d be over the moon with him. 

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’m hoping for Jokanovic. I’d be over the moon with him. 

I think we will end up with the ex Marseille guy 

Not bothered. Not bothered who comes in either.  Just want a decent game to watch tomorrow and I never felt Karanka would've given me that 

Only a matter of time till we get done for match fixing- when we start winning some games and threatening referees

Edited by Ricknffc

4 minutes ago, i.k.s said:

Not bothered. Not bothered who comes in either.  Just want a decent game to watch tomorrow and I never felt Karanka would've given me that 

I imagine we’ll set up tomorrow much the same as we have done previously as the players would have been working on a certain tactic all week under Karanka. I don’t expect the caretaker to change much if anything at all. 

2 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Only a matter of time till we get done for match fixing- when we start winning some games and threatening referees

Hope so

Pity Dean Smith was at Villa, I'd have loved him here.

Christ knows who we'll end up with.  I'd like Jokaonvic but he turned Stoke down (maybe he knew SK was going), so may not be bothered about us.

Could end up being a Montanier like appointment where no one knows who the fuck he is, we think he's progressive and he turns out to be utter shite.

I am hoping that for once, the club have a proper plan in place rather than the usual scatter-gun approach.

Don’t blame him. Only so long you can stand people talking about sacking you no matter how much you earn. 

Poor show by Forest they should have sacked him or backed him weeks ago... 

He has walked away because the owner will not give him another 20 odd million to spunk as he has seen how shit the football is after the first 20 million

he has always been a cheque book manager who churns out the most boring turgid football and clearly thinks he is better than he is. Let’s not forget he walked out on Boro and has already walked out once here and yet typically it is the clubs fault.

No way on earth would he have agreed to let the club sack him and then let them say he has asked to be released from his contract - but again that doesn’t suit some people on here does it 

and all this about they should have backed him - they have fucking backed him more than any manager has ever been backed in the history of the club and they have not sacked him - what do you want the owner to be shouting from the roof tops how well he is doing after we lose to Millwall? 

11 minutes ago, rob_johnstoneuk said:

The relationships were breaking down for some time - my only gripe with the club is he should have either have been backed or sacked

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/11/inside-story-aitor-karankas-downfall-nottingham-forest/

This bit made me laugh: 

Karanka wanted even more players in January, informing the board he also wanted to sell Michael Hefele who was only signed in August

also lack of game time for Appiah is interesting. 

2 minutes ago, E R said:

He has walked away because the owner will not give him another 20 odd million to spunk as he has seen how shit the football is after the first 20 million

he has always been a cheque book manager who churns out the most boring turgid football and clearly thinks he is better than he is. Let’s not forget he walked out on Boro and has already walked out once here and yet typically it is the clubs fault.

No way on earth would he have agreed to let the club sack him and then let them say he has asked to be released from his contract - but again that doesn’t suit some people on here does it 

and all this about they should have backed him - they have fucking backed him more than any manager has ever been backed in the history of the club and they have not sacked him - what do you want the owner to be shouting from the roof tops how well he is doing after we lose to Millwall? 

If that was aimed at my last post, you have misunderstood my use of term "backing". I am not sad to see him leave, however the speculation over the last few weeks has impacted performance. My gripe with the club is they should have publically backed him at the time ie. "Karanka is our man" or they should have sacked him. Letting the on-going speculation grow was no good for anyone.

Just now, Ricknffc said:

Back him with Fucking time!! Money isn't everything Christ sake!

But he was asking for more money and was told no ... hence the mardy arse. Owners could have given him the year but if he chucked his toys out of the pram became distant etc what are they meant to do? 

1 minute ago, Ricknffc said:

Back him with Fucking time!! Money isn't everything Christ sake!

He has asked for his contract to be cancelled - he has not been sacked. What don’t you understand? 

If he has spat his dummy out and kicked off and basically refused to carry on his job if his demands aren't met then yes that's a pretty toxic trait for a manager to have and yes action has to be taken.

2 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

Does spending £500m on transfers mean your not entitled to lose a game..???

Course you can lose a game but you’d probably win more than you lost ...