Sign in to follow this  
Dane B

FA Cup 2018/19

Gotta love the FA Cup.

The 3rd round has thrown up some "giant killing" games.

Newport 2-1 Leicester

Sheff Utd 0-1 Barnet

Fulham 1-2 Oldham

Accrington 1-0 Ipswich

Gillingham 1-0 Cardiff

Norwich 0-1 Pompey

Love the third..fourth and fifth rounds..then sadly it all becomes a bit too predictable. 

Another example of tv fucking football over. 

I'd like it more if we didn't got knocked out in the 3rd round 9 times out of ten.  Apart from when we were in the 3rd Division and didn't make it that far.  Like IKS I think the money has ruined it.  Good for the lower league teams that give it a go for a couple of rounds though.

Poor scousers 😂 don't know what Klopp was doing putting out such a weak side away to Wolves. 

Arsenal v Man Utd in the 4th round too

At least Liverpool have the excuse of competing on other fronts, why the hell are the likes of Leicester and Bournemouth putting out weakened sides?!

Leicester should be looking forward to two games against Burton to make the league cup final and a match against Middlesbrough reserves to make the fifth round of the FA cup. They should be dreaming of a wembley double instead they can look forward to long slog through to the end of the season with nothing to play for but the slight increased possibility their newly fresher players might get them 9th instead of 11th.

And Bournemouth's current side must be the best team they've had in their entire history, if they're not going to have a go at the FA Cup this year, when are they?

It really annoys me when Forest don't pick their best team for cup games now but if we were doing that as an established top flight team I'd just give up.

:thumbsdown_anim: :thumbsdown_anim: :thumbsdown_anim:

Edited by Art Vandelay
I'd sell my soul, my self esteem a dollar at a time for one chance, one kiss, one taste of you, my Magdalena.

Totally agree. Mid table premier league teams putting out a weakened team just devalues the competition even more. They literally have nothing else to play for. 

Unfortunately I think I read that the financial difference between 9th and 10th finishes in the Premier League for example is higher than for winning the FA Cup. But you'd think the glory and prestige would trump that.