Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Match Thread: [FA] Chelsea - Nottingham Forest

53 minutes ago, Dane B said:

Just checked on Clough. Been on loan at Rochdale since August and made just 3 league starts for them 😮

Unreal the decline in the lad - when he signed I thought he could go on and be some player for us. Not sure whether it was mis-management that destroyed his confidence, a poor attitude for not fighting for his place or the fact that he was just not as good as we thought.

1 minute ago, rob_johnstoneuk said:

Unreal the decline in the lad - when he signed I thought he could go on and be some player for us. Not sure whether it was mis-management that destroyed his confidence, a poor attitude for not fighting for his place or the fact that he was just not as good as we thought.

Yeah I was shocked to see that as well, what a shame and what a waste of money that looks like it's going to be

Ward has only managed 9 games at Charlton. Walker has done well at Mansfield though and although it is probably about his level it maybe worth bringing back seen as we only have 2 strikers and one of them is 78 years old 

From watching him in the early games he played, I thought Clough would have been a hit like Lolley.

19 minutes ago, Fatles said:

From watching him in the early games he played, I thought Clough would have been a hit like Lolley.

I have to admit to having high hopes for him too, especially seeing how well he got on at Bolton. There’s a player in there somewhere but perhaps he’s got a problem in between his ears. 

6 hours ago, E R said:

Ward has only managed 9 games at Charlton. Walker has done well at Mansfield though and although it is probably about his level it maybe worth bringing back seen as we only have 2 strikers and one of them is 78 years old 

They love Walker at Mansfield and are in a panic because the wheels will come off their season if we recall him, which they are convinced is already decided. But only so we can loan him out to a club in league one. Doncaster being the apparent destination.

2 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

We got proper mugged with him.  It took about four or five games to realise he was shit.  2.5m seems like large amount for him but at least it wasn't 7. 

Hopefully it’s in instalments and we just stop paying, the people at Bolton seem to think it’s fine to do that to other people. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, legs_akimbo said:

They love Walker at Mansfield and are in a panic because the wheels will come off their season if we recall him, which they are convinced is already decided. But only so we can loan him out to a club in league one. Doncaster being the apparent destination.

Bit like Yates at Notts last season, as soon as he left they went into decline.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, Fatles said:

I was watching Eastleigh v Bolton the day we signed him, he didn't feature that day thank fuck cos I feared him as a player. Plenty like him gone down the tubes, mostly through attitude.