Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Match Thread: [FA] Chelsea - Nottingham Forest

Just now, Dane B said:

Well we wouldn't have, just playing an old man on his own up front.

Mix it up a bit for the last 15 mins. Let's see what happens.

Doesn't really matter though does it?  Grinds out a narrow defeat you'll get called a twat, get spanked you'll get called a twat. 

Didn't expect a result but expected to see something different. He setup the team the same way he sets up every single game. Instead of taking a few chances and using the game as an opportunity to try something different or start with a few younger players for an experience, he went with the same old formation and tactics. 

Again, he looked like a dead man walking on the touchline, that was void of ideas.

10 minutes ago, nottmred said:

Trying something different would be a start. 

Agreed. But there’s only so many ways you can polish turds. With all the injuries we’ve got it could have been worse. 

My only criticism is why not give Yates and Appiah a run ...I’m not a fan of Karanka or his football but I don’t think he’s been given the investment we all think and the players aren’t as good as some fans think. I’ll save the criticism for when we go to Reading and lose. 

Didn’t expect owt out of the match and satisfied that we didn’t get embarrassed. Echoing one or two others, it’d have been nice to give Appiah a few minutes, especially at 2-0. Nevermind, we can concentrate on the league now.

Does anyone know how serious Grabban’s injury is? We could do with something else going forward even with him fit but if he’s going to be out longer it becomes even more important that we bring someone in. 

2 minutes ago, Caz said:

Didn't expect a result but expected to see something different. He setup the team the same way he sets up every single game. Instead of taking a few chances and using the game as an opportunity to try something different or start with a few younger players for an experience, he went with the same old formation and tactics. 

Again, he looked like a dead man walking on the touchline, that was void of ideas.

But I don’t think he’s being judged on this game. 

If he’s going owners just need to do it and stop dicking about. 

FWIW I expect him to stay and get given more free shit to throw at the wall and see if any of it sticks. 

I can remember during Davies 2nd spell when everyone on here was calling for him to go and saying he should go and I genuinely couldn’t fathom why anyone would want him gone and didn’t believe him. I knew I must be wrong because I, and probably Lviv, was the only one who supported him on here. 

Looking back now I’m worried i might have sounded how Chaz does about Karanka. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Dane B said:

What will it take for Karanka to dispose of a DM and put a second striker on when we need a goal?

This 2 DM's is pissing me off now. It's dated, it's predictable, and it doesn't work.

I'm not moaning at the defeat, it was predictable, but try something different at 2 down for God's sake Aitor. The game's already lost, so try and mix things up a bit.

That was my thoughts watching it - he is a one trick pony and the trick is a fucking boring one at that 

FFS man give it a go you coward - we were 2 down if he gave A few kids a go no one would care. Better to at least try something else than go out the way we did. As I mentioned I just can’t stand him and the way he plays and today just confirmed that for me 

Edited by E R
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Caz said:

Please god - sick of watching his football 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, bestwood_red! said:

I can remember during Davies 2nd spell when everyone on here was calling for him to go and saying he should go and I genuinely couldn’t fathom why anyone would want him gone and didn’t believe him. I knew I must be wrong because I, and probably Lviv, was the only one who supported him on here. 

Looking back now I’m worried i might have sounded how Chaz does about Karanka. 

If you lot went on fan forum for another team and it was like this you'd be pissing yourselves at the idiots.  That's where I'm at but on here.  I'm not going to single anyone out but some are funnier than others.  Dane amazingly is the most balanced and he's hated every game under every manager for 20 years.

3 hours ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

I'm not going to single anyone out. .......... 

Dane amazingly is the most balanced and he's hated every game under every manager for 20 years.

I'm trying to work out if that's a compliment. 😂

I blame Doughty and Megson for making me the way I am.

Apparently we are under investigation for homophobic chanting at today’s game. Anyone know what was said? 

Edit: it was Chelsea rent boy 

Edited by bestwood_red!

21 hours ago, Dane B said:

Well we wouldn't have, just playing an old man on his own up front.

Mix it up a bit for the last 15 mins. Let's see what happens.

Why. To appease you and the rest of the "know all's" on here?

You lot would pick holes in a fucking doughnut.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Inca said:

Why. To appease you and the rest of the "know all's" on here?

You lot would pick holes in a fucking doughnut.

Very poor argument Inca.

The game was lost so not to bring on Appiah or Yates shows what Karanka is in a nut shell. Hopefully the owner saw that the manager knew we would lose but rather than try and have a bit of a go at the end he just wanted to try and keep the score down and limp out the cup so save his one neck. Now Appiah and Yates will be lucky to get any game time this season. They should have started - no one expected to win 

15 minutes ago, E R said:

The game was lost so not to bring on Appiah or Yates shows what Karanka is in a nut shell. Hopefully the owner saw that the manager knew we would lose but rather than try and have a bit of a go at the end he just wanted to try and keep the score down and limp out the cup so save his one neck. Now Appiah and Yates will be lucky to get any game time this season. They should have started - no one expected to win 

If he'd played them from the start you'd be on here bitching about summat else.  I call shenanigans.

Edited by Charlie Cheswick

40 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

If he'd played them from the start you'd be on here bitching about summat else.  I call shenanigans.

ER didn't suggest starting them, he said bring them on when the game was lost towards the end. I fully agree with him.

I think it was a deliberate ploy to send a message to EM that he doesn't have any depth to the squad. But to do that and deny promising kids the chance to test themselves against world class opponents when the game was lost is a cunts trick in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Savo said:

ER didn't suggest starting them, he said bring them on when the game was lost towards the end. I fully agree with him.

I think it was a deliberate ploy to send a message to EM that he doesn't have any depth to the squad. But to do that and deny promising kids the chance to test themselves against world class opponents when the game was lost is a cunts trick in my opinion.

If he'd brought 'em on you'd be bitching about summat else.  Shenanigans. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

If he'd brought 'em on you'd be bitching about summat else.  Shenanigans. 

That’s such a cop out though. You can dismiss any argument against the manager with that but it’s just bollocks, isn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

That’s such a cop out though. You can dismiss any argument against the manager with that but it’s just bollocks, isn’t it?

You only have to read this website weekly to know that a few of you don't play with a straight bat.  As that's the case whatever you say is rendered worthless.

30 minutes ago, Savo said:

I also agree he should have given them a chance (Probably Appiah most of all due to his position) but Chelsea were pretty dominant, and like the last time they played us in the FA cup, got a lead which wasn't embarassing but that they knew we couldn't come back from, and probably could have tried for more goals if they had wanted to.

Supposedly AK did bring on Yates, Anel or Appiah (2 of, since he already brought on Lolley) and Chelsea scored 3 more late on or something so we lost 5-0 not 2-0, people would equally be moaning (and would have a valid point) why he just didn't stick with the 2-0 damage limitation we already had. We were never going to win and never really even looked like scoring but we have a lot of players out.

1 minute ago, Chav said:

Supposedly AK did bring on Yates, Anel or Appiah (2 of, since he already brought on Lolley) and Chelsea scored 3 more late on or something so we lost 5-0 not 2-0, people would equally be moaning (and would have a valid point) why he just didn't stick with the 2-0 damage limitation we already had. We were never going to win and never really even looked like scoring but we have a lot of players out.

How bad do you think they are?

Do you seriously think that 10 mins of Appiah instead of Murphy or Yates instead of Guedioura would've turned the score from 2-0 to 5-0?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Savo said:

How bad do you think they are?

Do you seriously think that 10 mins of Appiah instead of Murphy or Yates instead of Guedioura would've turned the score from 2-0 to 5-0?

Since we've not seen them play in our first team we don;t know the answer to your question ... I agree it would have been nice but as I've said before with Karanka still walking a tightrope then self preservation took priority ...