Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Match Thread: [FA] Chelsea - Nottingham Forest

Hmm, someone who doesn't watch us very often has hit on exactly what we've been saying all season.

Andy Townsend

Ex-Chelsea midfielder on BBC Radio 5 live

I'm just looking at Aitor Karanka and wandering if he's going to make some alterations to his attack. I think if he's going to have a real go, he needs to change it soon. He needs a bit more variety up there for me, a little bit more cutting edge.

Just now, Dane B said:

Hmm, someone who doesn't watch us very often has hit on exactly what we've been saying all season.

Andy Townsend

Ex-Chelsea midfielder on BBC Radio 5 live

I'm just looking at Aitor Karanka and wandering if he's going to make some alterations to his attack. I think if he's going to have a real go, he needs to change it soon. He needs a bit more variety up there for me, a little bit more cutting edge.

Tony Dorigo is saying the same on the commentary I'm listening to

....also saying we started waving the white flag when the second goal went in

Going out of the cup with a whimper - would much prefer us to have had a go these last 20 minutes and could have done with seeing Karanka make a few changes

The gulf in class was painfully visible for 90 mins there. If we ever do make it to the Prem, very few of these players would make the 1st XI.

Saying our players are shot, would be nice to be able to put a performance like derby did against Chelsea, we don't seem to have that in us. Would have liked to have seen a couple of the kids come on as well towards the end but oh well respectable result no injuries bring on next saturday!

6 minutes ago, nottmred said:

What will it take for Karanka to play yates? Guedioura was abysmal 

What will it take for Karanka to dispose of a DM and put a second striker on when we need a goal?

This 2 DM's is pissing me off now. It's dated, it's predictable, and it doesn't work.

I'm not moaning at the defeat, it was predictable, but try something different at 2 down for God's sake Aitor. The game's already lost, so try and mix things up a bit.

1 minute ago, Dane B said:

What will it take for Karanka to dispose of a DM and put a second striker on when we need a goal?

This 2 DM's is pissing me off now. It's dated, it's predictable, and it doesn't work.

I'm not moaning at the defeat, it was predictable, but try something different at 2 down for God's sake Aitor. The game's already lost, so try and mix things up a bit.

He’ll never change will he? That’s why he won’t take us anywhere.

Why can’t he just try with someone like Appiah with 20 to go - I must say I wil never like Karanka 

I don't blame him, if we'd gone for it and lost five nil every one of you cunts would have been baying for his job again.

Bloke can't win.  If you want more risk don't make the job so risky.

What do we expect, bunch of freebies set up not to lose (too badly). Chelsea’s goalkeeper is worth four times the value of our side. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thommo said:

What do we expect, bunch of freebies set up not to lose (too badly). Chelsea’s goalkeeper is worth four times the value of our side. 

Trying something different would be a start. 

Just now, Charlie Cheswick said:

I don't blame him, if we'd gone for it and lost five nil every one of you cunts would have been baying for his job again.

Mate, how is a manager going to learn if something different works if he never tries something different?

At 2 down I would have thought more of the bloke if he ditched his 4-2-3-1 and tried something different. 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2, fucking 4-0-6, anything but stick with the same and hoping something happens.

That is what frustrates me most with Karanka, Chaz. He's as stubborn as a fucking mule.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dane B said:

Mate, how is a manager going to learn if something different works if he never tries something different?

At 2 down I would have thought more of the bloke if he ditched his 4-2-3-1 and tried something different. 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2, fucking 4-0-6, anything but stick with the same and hoping something happens.

That is what frustrates me most with Karanka, Chaz. He's as stubborn as a fucking mule.

What frustrates you is you're a big baby.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

That's bullshit for a start

The only thing that being more attacking would have done today was made the defeat bigger.  We didn't have the quality to break them down and we certainly didn't have the defence to keep them out. 

Exactly Thommo, it was obvious within a couple of minutes the game would only go one way.  I'm happy it was only 2-0 considering the gulf in quality between us.

The result is immaterial Chaz. We lost 2-0. Could have been 6. Most of us would have expected a heavy defeat today. I'm more pissed that we didn't use the opportunity to try something different, just for once.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dane B said:

The result is immaterial Chaz. We lost 2-0. Could have been 6. Most of us would have expected a heavy defeat today. I'm more pissed that we didn't use the opportunity to try something different, just for once.

You're pissed off every game of every season. 

We didn't have the quality to break them down

Well we wouldn't have, just playing an old man on his own up front.

Mix it up a bit for the last 15 mins. Let's see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Cheswick said:

What frustrates you is you're a big baby.

😂😂😂

I'm cuddly though.

• Haha 1