Adam

Match Thread: Nottingham Forest - Leeds United

I think Carvalho is worth every penny we've spent. Six assists and three goals so far, each one of those goals was an absolute peach (if that matters).

I think he needs to work on goal scoring, he gets in so many good positions and is constantly looking to lay it off. While he's dipped in quality for the last three/four games, the entire team has dropped off ... he would also thrive on some more forward movement from the wingers. I think half of Grabbans goals have been supplied by Carvalho as well. Others have been tried at no.10 like Osborn but he's not in the same league in terms of passing range. 

I'd be interested to see if this would work: 

Murphy

Carvalho Grabban Lolley 

20 hours ago, E R said:

Yep was a good finish and I will take that on the chin. We was losing at the time and I would have gone with someone more attack minded but we all know Karanka only brought him on because he tracks back. By the look on his face when he scored he doesn’t want to be at the club anyway but he did do well 

No, I'm imagining he doesn't much want to be part of the club anymore, not when fellas like you are constantly lambasting him for no good reason. You want to have a word with yourself, mate. 

😳 I don’t recall lambasting him I just said I couldn’t see what he would add to the game when we was losing and then held my hands up when he scored. I actually like him but as I say I think Lolly and Cash are better. He is a good squad player and nothing more than that and if we could get a few quid on him then I would take it if he thinks he should be starting every week - the chip on his shoulder pudding basin haircutted wally 😂

aky3om.jpg

Edited by E R

If you look at it broadly it is very unfortunate for Osborn. In another forest team he would walk in every week but lolley as we have seen on his day is one of the best wingers in the league, cash has the same endeavour as Osborn and I know he doesn't grab loads of goals each season but does tend to have better attacking product and has been in on the goals recently. Osborns effort and teamwork is 2nd to none but where do you put him at this moment in time? I personally don't think he would be of much use in centre mid and would be detrimental to the team. He is a clever footballer and would do a job in number 10 role. I will always remember that clever goal he set up for Britt in last game of season 2 years back where he flicked it on the volley with a back heel round the defender and squared to Britt against mk Dons. But do you take carvalho out?

24 minutes ago, Ricknffc said:

If you look at it broadly it is very unfortunate for Osborn. In another forest team he would walk in every week but lolley as we have seen on his day is one of the best wingers in the league, cash has the same endeavour as Osborn and I know he doesn't grab loads of goals each season but does tend to have better attacking product and has been in on the goals recently. Osborns effort and teamwork is 2nd to none but where do you put him at this moment in time? I personally don't think he would be of much use in centre mid and would be detrimental to the team. He is a clever footballer and would do a job in number 10 role. I will always remember that clever goal he set up for Britt in last game of season 2 years back where he flicked it on the volley with a back heel round the defender and squared to Britt against mk Dons. But do you take carvalho out?

No!

If Osborn played like he did yesterday he'd play every game.  Unfortunately before yesterday he seemed to have stopped doing all the things that made him good in the first place - looking to do something positive every time he had the ball, endless work rate, good passing, etc.  Maybe it's done him good having a point to prove. 

We managed to score from corners in both games vs Leeds. I can't remember many other games this season where we have made use of our corners. 

On the point of Carvalho, I agree he has to learn to shoot more but there is a big difference in the side when he doesn't play. If only he had a little more pace.....

Well done to Osborne against Leeds (great set pieces and some strike). If he consistently delivers at that level then he would not be left out.

we just need to avoid a thrashing against Chelsea, get our defence back from injury and carry on from Leeds game with hopefully 2 or 3 additions.

finally despite this forum possibly being more Karanka out than in, it was refreshing to see the crowd getting behind a manager despite the drop in form. 

1 hour ago, bryan said:

On the point of Carvalho, I agree he has to learn to shoot more but there is a big difference in the side when he doesn't play. If only he had a little more pace.....

Looks like he's shooting fine to me... 

Dv6Vr2RXgAAP6y0.jpg

11 minutes ago, Oldbighead said:

Wowsers to be 20 again

Helps when you're a millionaire footballer too :D

I certainly didn't get anywhere near that in my youth... 

9 hours ago, Savo said:

Helps when you're a millionaire footballer too :D

I certainly didn't get anywhere near that in my youth... 

To be fair I wouldn't enjoy a night with her. It would be over in seconds.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Oldbighead said:

To be fair I wouldn't enjoy a night with her. It would be over in seconds.

But will she perform on a wet and windy Monday evening in Stoke?

23 hours ago, Oldbighead said:

Wowsers to be 20 again

£150 should get you a looker like her for an hour.🙂

Edited by Fatles

2 hours ago, Bummer said:

A Sexy Portuguese beauty.

His girlfriend is pretty too.

You'll make Lviv jealous.